Which novel would Veeky Forums give a girl to impress her?

Which novel would Veeky Forums give a girl to impress her?

No. Giving a novel is like sticking a random key in a lock in the hope it works.

Proust

hunger games

I'd have to know what she likes first.

>pic related is her

You impress her by correctly gauging what she'll like to show that you're actually paying attention to her and not just trying to show off. Trust me. Works like a charm.

i feel like it depends on culture/nationality. american girls tend to interpret any sign of effort or courtesy extended toward them as "creepy" or "clingy"

Only if you're acting "creepy" or "clingy".
showing a girl you care isn't the same as being a sniveling sycophant.

That just means you’re ugly, sorry bucko

Bottom’s Dream

you're probably right but girls always tell me i look like some famous dude they have a crush on

I'm in the same boat here, actually I was going to start my own thread, but I'm trying to win my way into some girls heart and I know she likes books, but she barely knows any english. She was reading some princess novel once I noticed. Anyway, looking for some stuff kind of entry level but still good.

to impress? none. to help perfect her? probably a secondhand copy of portrait of a lady.

Is that you, Chad Zachary?

The Hypnerotomachia Poliphili

no, who is chad zachary

My diary desu

In that case, I would ask her HER to recommend a book to ME.

Kek.

>I know she likes books, but she barely knows any english. She was reading some princess novel
Recommend the Sissi trilogy movies.

L’infinie comédie

What are her tastes otherwise? What are some books you know she has liked?

none, gifting a book is gifting an obligation, girls value experiences over presents anyways

they like both actually, it's not mutually exclusive

yeah but they are going to fuck the guy who takes her out unless you can afford to give her a new car as a present

i'm about to blow your mind user.....it's not mutually exclusive, the "guy who takes her out" could also simultaneously be the "guy who bought her a gift"

Girls also appreciate gifts and experiences that don't necessarily require a lot of money. A thoughtful, inexpensive gift is worth more than some bauble you bought because it was expensive.

It may just be because you're putting too much effort into a relationship that the girl isn't as invested in as you, or you just get too intense too fast with the wrong type of girl. I've never gotten that and it's not like I'm some good looking Chad either.

>t. Beta

If a girl likes to read, chances are she might have most of her favourite books already. It's the same as buying someone a film or an album or something. Get something more unique, that she won't already have.

>
And every day she's not reading your GIFT, you make her pay. This the only way.

Marriage of Heaven and Hell, some trash from de Sade, Poe collection, Nabaokov, A Thousand Plateaus all good for thots.

Farabeuf

Very few books would impress me, since it's either a bad book (one man gave me Divergent as a gift) or you're obviously trying to show off and it comes off as pretentious (like the guy who made a big show of giving me War and Peace and lecturing me on how good it was when I said pretty clearly that I'd already read it). Get jewellery or a notebook or something.

/thread

incel virgin

Don't the adjectives usually go last?

Looks like she's in a pretty shit section of the store. Rupi Kaur

is that the only book you know

No, but extrapolating from my limited experience with grils that's my best guess.

>not self-help books or plath

I've been telling my buddy's sister about House of Leaves and she seems interested.

Love in the time of cholara

me thinks this aint the right thread for you user, consider some other threads

Ah yes, this thread is mostly women, no?

are you trying to be smug about women saying what they want to be given in a thread about giving books to women?

I believe so. Do you have the 'tism?

no, it's just... bafflingly stupid.

Depends

If she doesnt read it would have to be short and nothing intimidating.

If she does read then it would have to fit her tastes

I wouldnt be doing this to impress her though. Dont attempt impress girls through gifts. Just give a fucking gift

>On 4chins at 4am
>Not the right thread
Ok

You said I wasn't in the right thread since I have no experience with women. I said, right, because everyone has so much experience they must all be women. I probably should have said chads instead of women I guess. Please accept my apology.

> posts on a literature board
> likely brags about being erudite on a literature board
> can only see the world in terms of chad

Oh, now I get it. I'm not that poster anyway.
I guess I've been on Veeky Forums too long, because I thought you got salty and were trying to imply that women were too stupid to know what books they'd want anyway.
Sorry bruv.

I certainly don't brag about being erudite given I don't read and I'm the quintessential pleb.
>Can only see the world in terms of of being Chad
What did he mean by this?

>I don't read
ge tthe fuck out

I read a bit but it's negligible compared to a lot of people here.
>Implying you do

Here’s what I have used

Brainlet Tier:
>The Book Thief
>To Kill a Mockingbird
Middle Tier:
>A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
>One Hundred Years of Solitude
>High Tier:
>Anna Karenina

>Brainlet Tier:
>>The Book Thief

>Hey! I like books! I'd totally steal books!
>it's stupid
I was personally offended

Just me desu

Are American girls actually like this?

Praise of Folly- Erasmus
Fear and Trembling- Kierkegaard

No. You know what this is.

I'm thinking about giving this girl Naked Lunch because she said she wanted to do drugs and paint with our group of friends. (She paints as a hobby and wants the extra creative impulse I guess.)

If she's the slightly edgy, creative type I think Naked Lunch is a good choice.

That and Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami, Electric Kool Acid Test by Wolf

The Long Goodbye. Both worked and proved prophetic.

Where is that from? Reverse image search wasn't too helpful.

My fanfic erotica about the girl and me switching bodies I just change the names when I get a new gf