And but so

>and but so

i cant get these stupid words out of my head

Why does dfw's expression always look like pretending that everything is going very well when everything is going very badly

that was his whole life

>dude, weed, man

>tfw dfw

Did we ever work out what his fucking problem was?

An ironist obsessed with sincerity.

>tfw I accidentally made DFW in Skyrim

I find it hard to believe that this was accidental.

Fucking imagine DFW being alive in 2018. His whole thing was the addictive lure of television, once the internet proper came into being he would have fucking killed himself.

Dragon's Dogma allows for some great customisation. Running around as DFW and Franzen getting into best friend shenanigans was silly.

>ywn read DFW's thoughts on the 2016 election

>he would have fucking killed himself
Okay, I laughed out loud. Good post, user

If you actually did this you would certainly have pictures, and you would naturally post one.

His focus on TV hasn't let DFW age well, in just the space of approximately 15 years. Although there's a sort of vaporwave quality to IJ when you read about all the tapes and cassettes

This is actually the most accurate response possible.

I wonder how he would react to social media in general. It sounds like his worst nightmare, people sharing their fake lives, based on single cherrypicked moments, showing only good side of everything. And sad and lonely people staying silent, surrounded by constant rambling.

He wasn't focused on TV, he was focused on entertainment in general so IJ is still as relevant as ever

WTF I want to read IJ now

Focusing on the present paradigm doesn't let anything age well. Except for some vaporwave-esqe nostalgia factor.

post rare wallaces

>there's a sort of vaporwave quality

why

>tfw you just read the story where this appears

Would've'st'v'de

i found this one in a thread yesterday and improved it

damn...

this needs to be shortened to just the eye blinks. or a version without the words or something

It’s the /lit equivalent of Taylor Swift

One of the things he picked up on was the faux-ironic expressions of real despair which nails the whole Veeky Forums / meirl memes

This x100

his focus was on-demand entertainment, that broadcast tv would take a backseat. look how it be, user.

gee maybe crippling, unavoidable depression

>Fucking imagine DFW being alive in 2018.
I will be honest: I'll bet that, post-Weinstein, women/female students of his would've come forward with sexual assault accusations, and I don't think I'd be able to bear it

Isnt he confirmed to have had er, relations with female students?

Where, I live in poland, and we only have Brief interviews, Oblivion and suposedly funny thing translated, and I'm curious in witch of his works he touched the subject.