Literally starts his book by talking about upvotes

>literally starts his book by talking about upvotes
There are people who pay for this

>"the answer the most people like is the most useful one"
yikes

Welcome to the 21st century, OP. Every good book must recognize the existance of the internet.

i wrote a review of a book on Amazon and it was printed in the next edition of the book

>Glowing reviews include: "This book is an amazing masterpiece of toilet paper, wiped my ass with its pages many times and they are soft and easy on the tush." -- Anonymous :)

>Customers Also Bought
kill me now

also in what way is several paragraphs the fucking "short history"? the short history should have been "i posted some stuff online and turned it into a book"

>hehe telling 6 years of backstory in just several paragraphs is not short because I hate peterson!

Don't you want to win bigly?

This upvote shit is the Peterson book the 14 year olds on /pol/ have been shilling?
Ahahahah it figures

that'll be 9.99 plus tip

So, long story short, it all started at around 6:47 AM on a Monday about 11 years ago on the date of January 22nd, 2007. In a nutshell, I had just woken up because my mother, like I had asked her to do for me the previous night, had come up to my door and knocked heavily on it three times, calling out my name. I could smell pancakes. Essentially, my mom started making pancakes every Monday when my older brother had broken his leg the year before, it was on October 4th when he first decided to go hiking on his own. In essence, he walked around for many hours because he had forgotten the way back, and while he was breathing in the fresh air and trying to enjoy himself while he was in the middle of nowhere at the top of the small mountain, he was looking at some squirrels in a tree instead of where he was going. He slipped on a patch of mud which had been there since it rained the previous day; there had been a thunderstorm. The point is he slipped on the patch of mud while wearing his Sketchers that mom had gotten for him the week before when they went to Footlocker which is about fifteen minutes away from our house and our mother likes to go there with us, but since I was in bed with a cold she decided not to take me and instead just took my brother and he picked out a pair of black Sketchers because he thought they looked the "least gay", or that was what he told me when he got home and I was still puking into a bucket. The short version is, I had gotten sick because I ate some takeout Chinese food my mom had gotten and didn't realize that the pork was rancid when I had my first bite; I should have been tipped off as soon as I put it in my mouth but for some reason I decided to swallow it anyway, and I immediately regretted it because it tasted so weird. To make a long story short, I wish I had just made myself throw up right in that moment so I wouldn't be suffering so much the days after, but haha that's life I guess.

i don't really know who he is. i think he's one of those e-celeb people. i've seen his name in some threads on here. he doesn't seem to be someone whose views i really need to care about.

>in this manner, the most definitively average, anodyne and mediocre answers rise to the top, while anything that has the slightest chance of challenging anyone sinks into oblivion.

Fix'd.

well, what did you write?

it was a work related book. i found it very useful for part of my job and i'd read it through completely a couple of times as well as using it as a reference so i thought it was fair to write a review to say how i'd used it. it's a fairly niche topic so i guess they couldn't find many pull-quotes from proper reviewers to put in the updated edition.
they didn't ask me before doing it or find out my real name, so the quote has my amazon id under it which looks a bit odd since my id is the name of a character from a tv programme.

Post the book. Post your review.

t. has seen every peterson video twice and hates the man to the point of eroticism

This book is an explicit popularization of his former work.
If you regularly post on Veeky Forums or spend any significant amount of time on Veeky Forums, you're not the intended audience. It's normie fodder.

He doesn't need to explain what an upvote is to a popular audience

>He doesn't need to explain what an upvote is to a popular audience
First of all, that's debatable.
Second of all, even if you're right, mere explanation is not the only goal of conveying information. You'd know this if you were actually a writer.

>mere explanation is not the only goal of conveying information. You'd know this if you were actually a writer.

serious cringe

oh no

This.
OP, you and all your faggot minions in this thread are Luddites.

>Second of all, even if you're right, mere explanation is not the only goal of conveying information. You'd know this if you were actually a writer.
faggot

Luddites who are posting on a Japanese picture-girl web page?

>literally
stopped reading there

Don't blame me for your own cognitive dissonance, user.

>smart people are stupid
I don't know why I browse this board.

>/pol shilling for Jordan jew lover Peterson
I doubt it

Jordan "always tell the truth!!!" Peterson and Kevin Macdonald should have a debate on the JQ.Too bad it will never happen because he's a fucking coward and knows Macdonald would instantly rape him in the ass with his own hypocrisy.

there's no need to debate jelqing - it works

>Reddit humour

That's cool.

This, they all came here (sadly)

>starting a book talking about quora
God this is so fucking cringe, how would a person do this unironically?

You do realize he's 55, right? It's not as though your own parents wouldn't start a book like this talking about the marvels of technology.

i thought he was 90

This is literally me to be desu

I wrote a negative review of a book on amazon and the author (Mary Beard) personally responded """rebuking""" what I'd said

I hope it isn't her who runs the account because that would be damn embarrassing

>Overture
superlativelaughter.jpg

Is It OK To Be a Luddite?

Link to your review, I'm interested

I'm OK and you're OK user.