From Zola to Celine, Cocteau, Queneau, Bataille, Duras and onwards to Houellebecq (and others)...

From Zola to Celine, Cocteau, Queneau, Bataille, Duras and onwards to Houellebecq (and others), the French relish and celebrate controversiality.
If a French literary author is not controversial, they have failed.

>the French relish and celebrate controversiality.
What a fucked up culture. No wonder they're drowning in mudslimes.

Looks like a girl i dated except she was blonde. She refused to wear anything but heels (even for such occasions as taking a walk in a park)

What’s it like being an idiot?

Are the French honorary Jews?

Shit thread. Kill yourself OP.

>Zola
Serious question. Why would Zola be considered controversial?
'J'accuse' was written at the end of his career.

>Why would Zola be considered controversial?

His different works are controversial for different reasons. Here's a random example.

prove him wrong

why would you write something uncontroversial? might as well not write at all if you're just going to echo opinions back at the plebs.

anything worthy of being said is per definition controversial

>Corneille
>Racine
>Molière
>Crébillon
>Honoré d'Urfé
>Abbé Prévost
>Balzac
>Ronsard
>Bossuet
>Lamartine

No, it's not necessarily that controversial = good. There's just a lot of edgy people who are controversial and who write decently, just like there are a lot of people who write decently and aren't.

You’re missing de Sade

Well, he did argue that alcoholism and general depravity in the low classes was sort of hereditary.
I've read most of the Rougon Macqart series, but it never stuck me as particularly controversial.
Now I remembered at what period of time he was writing.

Most French hate comes from jews because of Petain and Vichy France. The "French Resistance" was mainly jew bolshies you know.

Germinal would have been pretty controversia.

Damn bro, I wish I could find that ho. I'd wear her feet out if you know what I mean

France, like the USA, has a love-hate thing with the jews. France has a long history of anti-semitism and further currently harbors the third-highest population of world jewry, last I checked anyway.

I, too, would like to be shoes.

Truly the finest culture in Europe.

necessary but insufficient condition

you can tell from the wear on her stockings that she's been on her knees alot

I don’t think you know what you’re actually saying

i dont think you think what i actually think

they're not stockings. pic related are stockings
and fabric just stretches over stress points

That's literally just the fabric stretching and becoming sheer because her legs are bent virginfag

Well, tell us then?

Is this ok?

Corneille, Racine and Moliere were controversial as fuck.

Also, nobody mentioned Flaubert and Baudelaire, both of which had to defend their works at court.
I usually hate this sort of generalizations, but op does have a point

don't forget the coming insurrection.

What? Fucking how?
They were following the strict rules laid out by classicists?

That's not unreasonable to think if your knowledge is based on high school literature classes. But in reality Corneille's Cid was criticized the fuck out for its ending (very ambiguous, definitely not properly tragic, which triggered the classical genre purism) and questionable moral message. In fact, the classicist doctrine was built mainly through the polemics about the work.
Moliere was extremely controversial too, that should be obvious, for pissing off basically everyone he could think of (except for the king). He wrote a ton of meta-dramas where he defends his own previous plays from all the criticisms.
Racine actually wasn't that controversial artistically, but he had various smaller problems and conflicts during his career.

why is this stupid thot wearing 22inch heels?

God damn, the French truly are pretentious dandies.

Molière made a man stood by his principles against god, a sore loser

Post more french qt