I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Overmen dancing on the shoulder of Orion...

>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Overmen dancing on the shoulder of Orion. I watched the Last Men living aimlessly for a million years. All these moments will return forever, like true dancing-stars!
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo&t=25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He meant that, like, circumcision is a good thing

What's the context? Neechee likes to go on long tangents where a quote taken out of context can be interpreted in radically different ways. I don't think I've read that quote in context, though, but if you posted it you might be able to understand his point much better.

this nigga talkin bout dreams?

>Nietzsche pic
>Blade Runner quote

Bravo. Your gold star is currently materializing beside you.

toward the end of his life he forgot that Also Sprach Zarathustra was fiction

What a fucking hack, can't believe people take this seriously

>It's too bad I won't live! But then again, who does?

wut

>Socrates pic
>Blade Runner quote

>I've seen beings you beings wouldn't believe. Being being in the clearing of Beyng. I watched Being be on the being of Being. All these beings will be lost in Being like beings in Being.
how embarrassing

>They are not your memories, they belong to Tyrell's sixteen year old niece.

>Enhance

Kek

>Descartes
>Deckard
>"D," "E," "C," and "A" all appear in both their names in the same order
What did they mean by this?

>Batty sounds like "Baddie"
>Baddies are bad guys
deep lore

>Deckard
>Dickhard
???? what does it mean?????

>He say you Bane runner!

>Hope is a waking dream.
What was meant by this?

>Rebellions are built on Spirit.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

Planes crashing... with no survivors.

Socrates is Gaff
Plato is Deckard

>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Dirty farts spluttering out of Nora's backside. I watched white girlish drawers shine in the dark near a rank red cunt. All those moments will be lost arsewise, like a fart in the wind. Time to frig.

is this the jordan peterson containment thread?

ban everyone in this thread, including me.

kek

Made me chuckle out loud

>i watched the Last Men living aimlessly for a million years
>only have a 4 year lifespan
that alone should have clued you in that your quote was wrong.
>"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like [coughs]
TEARS IN THE RAIN

When Nietzsche says not to confuse him with the Darwinists or Carlyle, does he mean that he's just not an absolutist about genetics or individualism?

The Overman requires cultural (the mind being a higher expression of the body) and collective (the bigger the pyramid grows, the higher a great man reaches) ascendancy?

I've woken up to things you people wouldn't believe. Pancakes on fire off the shoulder of mom. I watched golden retrievers glitter in the dark near the garden gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like upvotes on reddit. Time to crash.

kekd out loud

Should have gone with: "planes crashing off the shoulder of Orion...with no survivors".

HERE WE GOOOOO

I've killed people you people wouldn't believe. Kings beheaded with a guillotine in Paris. I watched royalists gunned to death near the Tulieres gate. All this justice will be lost in time, like blood in wood.

>The Overman requires cultural (the mind being a higher expression of the body) and collective (the bigger the pyramid grows, the higher a great man reaches) ascendancy?
The precondition for the existence is of the Overman is the decadent society of the Last Men. The failure of society is inherent in the notion. The Overman overcomes his nihilistic society and posits new thinking and new being for himself and for others to follow if they have the aptitude necessary.

To think he threw it all away for a horse.

All these moments... will be lost... like men shot before being thrown out of a plane...

The society of the Last Men is just the realisation of utilitarianism (communism is not pragmatic enough to qualify). It depends on individualism, so how can it produce an Overman? Or were people like Stalin or Xiaoping overmen?

Why do people hype that Bladerunner quote so much? He just babbles about random shit the viewer has no idea about and thus no connection with. It's not half as emotional as fags make it out to be.

> I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

I've never thought about it until now, but you're right. Here's what I think is happening:

The first sentence primes the listener to experience disbelief. Within the context of being entertained by an epic film, they're already eagerly desirous of the feeling of awe. They're told to prepare for some awe, and then given two sentences which seed their imagination with the general idea of "big space battle."

To be fair, those two sentences are well written and have a bit of poetry to them. The following "like tears in rain" line is also poetic, but much more concrete, and during the scene in the film it's raining, so the imagery serves to snap them back to the immediate action. "Time to die" is silly, but it also puts the focus on the moment. They get away with that one because it's a typical movie throwaway line.

So, the whole trick consists of (in very quick sequence) prepping the viewer to imagine something awesome, sending their imagination out to deep space, then snapping it back to visceral reality, and the grim finality of death. It's a literary yo-yo trick.

In your self-conscious attempt to give an interpretation, you miss the obvious.

Your feelings about action might be influenced by your Soylent-heavy diet but for any healthy viewer, they already appreciated the movie's action peak in the preceding fight and chase and even light-horror scenes. The events the speaker recollects are there simply to convey that they have seen extremely violent events (PTSD?) take place. If there is anything juxtaposed to this, it is again the obvious, the speaker points out that even such great events can seem small due to the passing of time. The sole ambiguity is about whether these facts are causing the android to cry (physically unlikely, but the rain evokes it) or whether he is feeling a human emotion like resignation which causes him to surrender his life (again unlikely considering he is an android but latter plot events reveal they have achieved more humanity than expected).

>The first sentence primes the listener to experience disbelief. Within the context of being entertained by an epic film, they're already eagerly desirous of the feeling of awe. They're told to prepare for some awe, and then given two sentences which seed their imagination with the general idea of "big space battle."
I mean, this is pure Soylent speaking. You misinterpreted the tone of this scene if you think at any point the viewer actually expected to see a flash back of what is being recollected, or something on that magnitude in the present (even though the action already climaxed beforehand)

Using vague terms that refer to distant, undefined things to evoke the feeling of the infinite is a poetic device that has been known to man since at least Leopardi (which you haven't read because you're a brainlet)

Poorly written, senselessly aggressive, and misses the point entirely. Pare down your ideas to make them more legible, and try again.

>Or were people like Stalin or Xiaoping overmen?
That wasn't real communism though.

What is this?
>I got things you won't believe,
>Name your pleasure I will sell.
>I can fix your wildest needs,
>I got heaven and I got hell.
>Roll on up, for my price is down.
>Come on in for the best in town.
>Take your pick of the finest wine.
>Lay your bets on this bird of mine.

What could this possibly mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo&t=25s

Jesus Christ I've never seen someone miss the point this badly

At first I thought this was ironic, but the more I read it the less I believe....

Pragmatism and utilitarianism are entirely different things, read a book sometime

>Nietzsche believed in eternal return

>Implying the OP isn't just a bunch of mangled references to ASZ

>Reference humor

t.woman

>I've owned things you people wouldn't believe

Does desiring a thing more than anything not constitute as belief in it?

"I have understood the last men", spake user. And he blinks.

I go to die, you go to live. Which of us goes to the better lot is known to no one, but then again, what is known?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe [1]. Incandenza heads steaming in the microwave[2]. I smelled springtime cunt in the air at Amhurst campus [3]. All these moments will be lost forever, like fish in water[4]. Time to die [5].

[1] Presumably

[2] Toshiba Deltawave 3, ERC-9860EW

[3] 42°22'20.2"N 72°31'01.8"W

[4]Wallace, D. (2009). This is water. New York: Little, Brown.

[5] David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008)

Definitly not. If I wanted unicorns to exist they aren't going to be real no matter what

That is just a tall tale inspired by Crime and Punishment. It never actually happened,

Is eternal return and unicorns a fair analogy though? The former is an interpretation, not a material entity.

>I smelled springtime cunt in the air at Amhurst campus
You spelled 'Amherst' wrong

I’m going in boys

>a book for nobody
FINALLY. a book for me!

bump

imagine current day Harrison Ford playing Socrates in a big budget Plato movie
who would play Plato?