youtube.com/watch?v=yhYP2QnwWbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Welcome to the wild wild West

>He didn't start with the greeks

Don't know Plato? See you late-o.

>Plato and Aristotle
>Humanist philosophers

What, not even close to true

Why hate on plebs or idiots? We're trying our best.

It's just a way to keep Pakistani's out. There are too many as it is.

Shhh....

Humanists today have little idea of what their view is. They are just mainstream secularists for the most part.

no they're not but the classical world is supremely important for the humanist tradition

Well Humanism (the Renaissance movement) was partly based on the new availability and study of Plato and a bunch of the other Classics

I imagine this was the work of one of you

SCENE I

user sits behind desk in IMMIGRATION OFFICE, reading FINNEGANS WAKE, obnoxiously moving mouth silently as he reads each word. A GUARD stands beside the door.

Enter HAMZA

HAMZA: My name is Hamza bin Walayat. I am seeking asylum from Pakistan. I beg of you, it must be granted. They will kill me.

user: Alrighty buddy, let's slow down. You are seeking asylum on what grounds?

HAMZA: Religious, I have renounced my Muslim faith.

user: Oh, I understand, give me a moment to pull this up. I know how bad it can be for Christians over there.

HAMZA: Well, actually I'm not a Christian. I am a humanist.

user: *tips fedora*

HAMZA: Did you just say asterisk tips fedora asterisk?

user: I'll be the one asking the questions here, Muhammad.

HAMZA: I'm sorry sir, I cannot tell you the danger my life is in back in Pakistan.

user: So who is your favorite humanist?

HAMZA: I'm sorry?

user: Who do you like to read, pleb?

HAMZA: Well, I mean Humanism more in the modern secular sense rather than the renaissance philosophy sense.

user: Mine is Plato.

HAMZA: What?

user: Did you not Start With the Greeks?

HAMZA: Plato is not a humanist philosopher.

user: Yes, he is.

HAMZA: Under what definition of Humanism would Plato be classified as one? The idea is completely preposterous. Aristotle perhaps, if you stretch the idea of humanism as far as humanly possible. In fact, do you even know what humanism is? Can you name a single humanist philosopher?

Ten seconds of silence.

HAMZA: Really? Not even Erasmus?

An additional ten seconds of silence.

user: Guards, take this man away. He is clearly a terrorist.

GUARD takes HAMZA by the shirt and drags him to the door and throws him out. JIHADISTS beat HAMZA to death immediately outside the door.

END SCENE

gilded

delet this

epic

Gotta hand it to you limeys, that's quality bantz.

#NotWelcome

the fact that you actually typed all of this out (likely with dick in hand, masturbating to how "riotously funny" this must be) makes you an absolute faggot

wonderful

>stop contributing OC, just rant about pakis, that's what I created this thread for

>When tested on his knowledge of humanism, Walayat gave a “basic definition” but could not identify “any famous Greek philosophers who were humanistic”.

>The letter said: “When you were informed by the interviewing officer that he was referring to Plato and Aristotle, you replied: ‘Yeah, the thing is because of my medication that is strong I just forget stuff sometimes’.”

>The Home Office concluded: “Your knowledge of humanism is rudimentary at best and not of a level that would be expected of a genuine follower of humanism.”

ebin

This sounds like complete bullshit. Right to asylum is about whether he is actually being persecuted at home, not about whether he knows his shit about the Greeks.

lmfao

Look brainlet: the logic follows that if he lacks rudimentary knowledge of the very subject for which he claims to have renounced his faith, then he probably actually didn't denounce his faith at all and whatever woes he encounters aren't Britain's fucking problem.

"Let me in your country I love Jesus and they'll kill me"
"Oh cool what's your favorite book of the Bible?"
"The what?"
PROBABLY NOT A CHRISTIAN MY GUY
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

I read the comments on that story.
Most of them couldn't understand why Plato and Aristotle are considered humanists. They thought it meant atheist

Yes, they are. The pre-socratics were concerned about the physical world; the sophists and Socrates -and by extension, Plato and Aristotle-, with man, morals, ethics and politics. This is literally called the humanist shift in history of philosophy

UNO UPPITY BATEAU 4 U HERR

But why didn't he just say he was an Atheist? Then he just has to pick Richard Dawkins out of a lineup.

because humanism is all about being able to ID statues =/ what idiots

That should be the criteria though. Keep the plebs out of Europe.

you must be retarded if you only associate plato and aristotle with ”statues”

>muh patrician taste thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=KTM7E4-DN0o

I saw this right after it posted, but now that it has received a fair share of replies(you obviously samefagged) I have no choice but to post that it really wasn't good.

this is absolutely garbage. wagner is to plebs as purcell is to true patricians.
youtube.com/watch?v=yhYP2QnwWbg

i was about to write some trivial nonsense and then i read this and was ashamed

There are more types of humanism other than the christian one, from ancient greeks to marxists and existentialists. The anthropological turn of the ancient greeks can be seen as the first humanism

>There are more types of humanism other than the christian one
but should they actually be considered?

>When tested on his knowledge of deconstruction, Walayat gave a “basic definition” but could not identify “any famous french philosophers who were deconstructionists, instead referring to Neon Genesis Evangelion and Breaking Bad as 'deconstructions'”.
>The letter said: “When you were informed by the interviewing officer that he was referring to Derrida, you replied: ‘Yeah, the thing is because of my medication that is strong I just forget stuff sometimes’.”

>Britain forgets its history of humanism and that the French are all humanists and Catholics
>pretends it would let them in if they knew Plato and Aristotle
>pretends Pakis don't just marry their cousins to fit in in Norfolk since Rushdie failed to stop the removal of birthright citizenship
They really have gotten worse since the Irish and Scottish stopped running their government and education.

It's definitely arguable.

faɡət

Maybe he shouldn't have lied to the interviewer.

get Mitchell & Webb on it

weelll done user

I laughed user, good job.

Heeeyyy. Someone put Veeky Forums on the screen.

>"Plate-o"

damn this pic rekt me
>you don't understand philosophy if you don't conform to the fashion we are accusing you of attributing to yourself.
Because, I read and discuss philosophy online, I am completely illegitimate. I should have spent 6 figures on an Ivy League ponzi scheme like the intellectual who made this image.

Faggot contrarians are the worst kind of plebs.

t. Guy who got rejected from Ivies and now thinks he's a philosopher because he read The Republic

True, but we should do this to religious Pakis, non-religious Pakis should be protected since they're on our side

Not for Pakis, apparently.

The UK is so fucked. The fact that the mayor of London thinks he can insult Trump/America while he leads a cesspool filled with former ISIS terrorists, child traffickers and rapers, anti-white Muslims, and people carrying assault knifles shows you how blind they are to their problems.

More like because he's read meditations or the enchideron. No one reads the republic and thinks "wow, that sure was enlightening", at best you just go "wow, the greeks were unironically a bunch of warlike sissies who openly talking about fucking lil boys in the bussy".

I made this just for you.

I make this exact handmotion when I see plebs like you on the street

I just realized that the book was not level with the table, and that the file size was almost 3 times larger than the original. So here's a improved version.

>when the image isn't about you but you get triggered my your own sense of inadequacy anyway

I just did a double take. I meant that image to be around 150KB. Just how much fucking meta data was in that file?!

>writers
>writing
>on Veeky Forums

We're through the looking glass, people.

JESUS CHRIST. I just stripped it with a program meant to remove meta data. Just HOLY SHIT.

If I was meta data would you remove me ;_;

Of course not user. i luv u :3

Upvoted.

Deserves the hype desu

Sometimes you see a post so good, it's not even worth continuing to read the rest of the thread

If it makes you feel any better, Hamza was humanely euthanized by his countrymen in the traditional manner, by being dropped off a building into a swimming pool filled with acid.

Jokes and memes and people hating any post that gets too many responses to it aside, I think this is actually pretty good.

kek

...the fuck is Humanism?

Humanism is a philosophy and ethical stance that views humans as mere automatons motivated primarily by pleasure and base desires like food, sleep, sex, etc. The word 'humanism' comes from the Greek word for man 'hum', and the Latin phrase 'ahn-ism' or "like a machine".

fuck off m8, are you for real?

Patricians are inherently contrarian. Why would the 99th percentile bother listening to the music of the masses: the audience that Wagner pandered to. And if you were going to post Wagner, why would you choose something so generic and irrelevant to his thread?

Underrated

Wrong.
It's the philosophy establish by David Hum. That's a short 'u'- /hum-an-ism/. In short, all of life's shortcoming can be overcome be humming various works, such as 'Always Look On The Bright Side of Life', etc.

Embarrassing.

Wow, is the UK going back to its winning ways?

nice cat lol

>theGuardian.com

Veeky Forums is fucking pathetic nowadays, they discuss /pol/ topics meantime the janny deletes my thread where i quoted tennyson

Fuck off Hamza

Someone screenshot this, pure kino

Brekkekeked several time, very good

Hothead.

So its like...proto-hedonism or something that can lead to Hedonism?

btw since hedonism considers the human pleasure as the key value it therefore a form of humanism and they had to question the guy about epicurus

also i hope they only questioned the guy about the philosophers, not showed him their busts and asked him to name them, personally i am not sure i would tell plato from socrates by looks

Well shit, looks like I hate Humanism now

Why does he need to know the history of humanism to be a humanist? I'm also not sure whether pre-modern humanism would be considered rudimentary, as it implies one knows exactly what the turn in knowledge was after the pre-Socratics. This seems more a history of Greek philosophy than of humanism (which would primarily focus on the renaissance instead).

The Home Office most likely doesn't quiz religious asylum seekers on the history of their religions, which is ironic because some faiths' tenets directly relate to their history.

Also, if historical primacy is so important, virtually every belief system would need to include questions about the ancients, and not even necessarily the Greeks.

who cares, less pakis

Yeah but that's not a problem for me either way since I don't live in a poor area of the country.

If anything it would be a good thing since I only see people from that country when I pop into a 24 hour shop or petrol station. And the more people willing to slave away in those jobs, the higher the standard of customer service there will be (via competition) for customers like me who pop in for only 5 mins of exposure.

Brits who feel resentment towards those people are probably just the deplorables who are economically threatened by them. kek

Look id rather not have this turn into a /pol/ thread but that “third worlders doing slave tier jobs” is the same thing Democrats here in America say when justifying mass mexican immigration, gunna leave it at that

>Look id rather not have this turn into a /pol/ thread
I agree, let's not.

However when I pointed out the inconsistency of the HO questioning, someone said that doesn't matter because at least it reduces immigration from Pakistan.

So in return I pointed out that immigration from Pakistan isn't necessarily bad. On top of that, whether it is good or bad, it is fucking irrelevant when you consider how few immigrants there are outside of London. It's hard to find the stats for England itself on that, but the rest of the UK's White British population ranges from 80-99%. Think about that, that 20% includes more than just immigrants, people settled for generations, people from Europe, etc. And then if you think further, that 20% will be heavily represented in disadvantaged areas.

You have to be a deplorable yourself for "immigration" to negatively affect you. No surprise that it is mostly people without a degree, or of a sad old age, that complain about it.

>This seems more a history of Greek philosophy than of humanism (which would primarily focus on the renaissance instead).

come on, if they asked him about erasmus it would be like in that post only with switched sides and more awkward. i mean most of people at least heard about plato but if they demanded him to know the praise of folly or something... ok, i think most of people heard about moore's utopia, if they link it to the question about renaisaince humanism they would have something to say :^)

anyway i have noted to myself if i ever ask asylum in england i better read apology of socrates first, i think it was what they meant by his humanism in the sense as of opposing to the dogmas

not sure what i should read from aristotle, probably on ideas which would be pretty ironic, lol