As a male I feel like I'm lost when trying to understand women...

as a male I feel like I'm lost when trying to understand women, clearly males and females are different when socializing to me.

It's pretty easy to me (most of the time at least) to understand where a male is coming and where he is going, but females are far more nuanced and there are some layers into what they really mean. Most of the popular classics have male characters or pretty uninteresting females.

I want to see if there are any books that can put clarity on women psyche without being misogynistic or getting into some sort of extreme, it can be whatever genre. I was even thinking of reading a popular book with females like 50 Shades or Twilight.

I'm really not trying to bait here.

theres no women psyche user. humans are just fumbling their way through life, with each of us carrying baggage from our upbringings

youll never 'understand' women cuz women aren't a thing to be understood in the first place. 'women' dont understand 'women' either, that's why we always fight and complain - plus we're socialized in the west to be more evasive and vague so we dont hurt people's feelings.

but it doesn't hurt to read a bit about what it's like growing up as a girl. its sad anne frank didnt get to grow up as a writer. her diary has a lot of wonderful moments like this:

As I've told you many times, I'm split in two. One side contains my exuberant
cheerfulness, my flippancy, my joy in life and, above all, my abthty to appreciate the
lighter side of things. By that I mean not finding anything wrong with flirtations, a
kiss, an embrace, an off-color joke. This side of me is usually lying in wait to
ambush the other one, which is much purer, deeper and finer. No one knows Anne's
better side, and that's why most people can't stand me. Oh, I can be an amusing clown
for an afternoon, but after that everyone's had enough of me to last a month. Actually,
I'm what a romantic movie is to a profound thinker -- a mere diversion, a comic
interlude, something that is soon forgotten: not bad, but not particularly good either. I
hate haVing to tell you this, but why shouldn't I admit it when I know it's true? My
lighter, more superficial side will always steal a march on the deeper side and
therefore always win. You can't imagine how often I've tried to p:ush away this Anne,
which is only half of what is known as Anne-to beat her down, hide her. But it
doesn't work, and I know why.

I'm afraid that people who know me as I usually am will discover I have another side,
a better and finer side. I'm afraid they'll mock me, think I'm ridiculous and sentimental
and not take me seriously. I'm used to not being taken seriously, but only the
"lighthearted" Anne is used to it and can put up with it; the "deeper" Anne is too
weak. If I force the good Anne into the spotlight for even fifteen minutes, she shuts
up like a clam the moment she's called upon to speak, and lets Anne number one do
the talking. Before I realize it, she's disappeared.

So the nice Anne is never seen in company. She's never made a single appearance,
though she almost always takes the stage when I'm alone. I know exactly how I'd like
to be, how I am . . . on the inside. But unfortunately I'm only like that with myself.
And perhaps that's why-no, I'm sure that's the reason why -- I think of myself as
happy on the inside and other people think I'm happy on the outside. I'm guided by
the pure Anne within, but on the outside I'm nothing but a frolicsome little goat
tugging at its tether.

(...)

cont.

As I've told you, what I say is not what I feel, which is why I have a reputation for
being boy-crazy as well as a flirt, a smart aleck and a reader of romances. The
happy-go-lucky Anne laughs, gives a flippant reply, shrugs her shoulders and
pretends she doesn't give a darn. The quiet Anne reacts in just the opposite way. If
I'm being completely honest, I'll have to admit that it does matter to me, that I'm
trying very hard to change myself, but that I I'm always up against a more powerful
enemy.

A voice within me is sobbing, "You see, that's what's become of you. You're
surrounded by negative opinions, dismayed looks and mocking faces, people, who
dislike you, and all because you don't listen to the ; advice of your own better half."
Believe me, I'd like ;' to listen, but it doesn't work, because if I'm quiet and serious,
everyone thinks I'm putting on a new act and I have to save myself with a joke, and
then I'm not even talking about my own family, who assume I must be sick, stuff me
with aspirins and sedatives, feel my neck and forehead to see if I have a temperature,
ask about my bowel movements and berate me for being in a bad mood, until I just
can't keep it up anymore, because jj when everybody starts hovering over me, I get
cross, then sad, and finally end up turning my heart inside g out, the bad part on the
outside and the good part on the inside, and keep trying to find a way to become
what I'd like to be and what I could be if . . . if only there were no other people in
the world.

>men and women are EXACTLY THE SAME. There is LITERALLY NO difference

LOL MY FUCKING ASS OFF.

Just buy a dildo and fuck yourself in the ass. Not even kidding.

>50 Shades or Twilight
whatever you do don't do this

if that's really your take-away from my post user, idk what to tell you besides that maybe you shouldnt waste your time reading

My "take-away" (like chinese take out? Have you educated anyone user-senpai?) from your pathetic posts is that you obfuscate any actual ideas under rolling walls of bullshit text that nobody could possible suffer through. If you had a real point you would start with it rather than making things up to justify a thesis that has clearly never been tested.

the text is actually from anne franks diary but thanks

Exactly, you have no point so you instead obfuscate yourself under walls of text that have little to no bearing on the subject at hand. You buy yourself time by confusing the reader and provoking dumb questions that you ACTUALLY CAN have some semblance of understanding rather than addressing the initial point.

user im not the person you obviously think i am so plz be spergy somewhere else

So you have no idea what that person was posting about, yet you felt the need to further a ridiculous argument you had no knowledge of? Wow you definitely belong here, on such an "intelligent" board I mean.

>we always fight and complain
>we are conditioned in the West
It's pretty clear you are including your female identity to lend some sort of street cred to your dubious ideas about the inherent opacity and hysteria of womanhood, so I'm gonna say it now: tits or gtfo

Women don't read these books for their well-developed characters and insight into human nature. Also any woman who likes these books is a brainlet.

How old are you OP? Think of some books that are popular among younger guys, like Catcher in the Rye. Some people see it as overly edgy/cringey, but it speaks to something real about their experience. For girls under 21 or so something like The Bell Jar probably occupies a similar role. I read it when I was 19 and had just been forced to go on medical leave from an Ivy league school and I was scared of how much of myself I saw in it.

I'm trying to think of something I've read more recently that specifically captures the "feminine" part of my experience but I'm drawing a blank.

I would guess that most of the literature you're thinking of that features complex male characters is offering insight into a human experience rather than a male one. When I read The Brothers Karamazov I could see more of myself in the male characters than, say, Grushenka.

you havent earned it yet user. send me some of thoz beta-bucks my way

Why would you want to understand women?

To understand woman is to understand weakness, in every sense and aspect of the word

this is more revealing about men than it is about women, as is everything that men say about women

sigh

these are the posters that kill a thread.

fuck off you dumb cunt

you know that im not gonna fuck off user so idk what the point of making this post is

I don't get it. Men are weak too.

Women are inferior to men. Civilization will collapse unless we realize this soon.

It's not something men say about understanding themselves though

Excuse me, OP. But it's 2018 and I couldn't care less about the millions of genders we have nowadays, so projecting or speculating about them is futile.

no it wont user. civilization will collapse because all things must collapse and then reconstitute itself into a new form.

unfortunately for both us we'll be obsolete and they will forget about us and we'll die old and useless. such is history.