So You Want to Talk About Race

>So You Want to Talk About Race
>by Ijeoma Oluo
>Seal Press (January 16, 2018)

Excerpt:

>"I am tripping over the roadblocks that you don't even know that you're placing in front of me."

>"I am drowning in the whiteness, and you can't help me if you can't see it."

>"Now, it's uncomfortable – it is uncomfortable to realize how much easier you may have had things. It is uncomfortable to realize that a lot of the benefits that you may have came at the expense of other people. That makes you feel bad; it makes you feel guilty. And I do not have a solution for that because it should make you feel bad and it should make you feel guilty."

kuow.org/post/ijeoma-oluo-i-am-drowning-whiteness

Other urls found in this thread:

stormfront.org/forum/f214/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So unlike some people on this board I believe that racism is real and a serious problem society should try to rectify. But guilting a group of people for already having a standard of living you are arguing should be universal is a terrible meme that should have never become popular. So much more progress could be made if people hadn't made the decision to weaponize guilt.

Does xir ever explain what the advantages are or is it just blanket ambiguous guilt trip

Why should I feel guilty about attained privileges if it isn't proven that I attained them solely on account of my ethnicity? By that logic, all black folks employed via affirmative action should feel guilty too

Umm, no sweetie, that's not how it works. Nice try though!

>>"I am drowning in the whiteness, and you can't help me if you can't see it."
Sure I can. I can sponsor you a ticket back to Africa, where you can live the rest of your life butt-naked in the jungle being completely and utterly unbothered by the white world.

not literature
fuck off

>I have a Ph.D. in whiteness, and I was raised in "Seattle nice." I was steeped in the good intentions of this city and I hate it.

>I love this city. I love you guys. Also, I hate it. I really do.
I hate women.

bait somewhere else

So You Want to Talk About Race is a book.

For the purposes of this thread it may as well be a blog post

That doesn't make it literature.

And certainly the OP is nothing but bait.

thoughtful post

How swarmfront bug-men work:

1. Find extremely rare or non-mainstream point of view that offends "white" people.
2. Spam everywhere so its presented as majority opinion.
3. Indoctrinate kids into neo-nazism.

Fuck off Anglin.

Good thing it's only those right wing kooks who succumb to retarded conspiracy theories, eh?

> how much easier you may have had things.
Plausible.
> a lot of the benefits that you may have came at the expense of other people
Total bullshit.
> my son
[Robot mode: ACTIVATED]
YOU HAVE IT EASY YOU FUCKING CUNT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BEING AWARE AND CONFINED AND JUMP ON THAT COCK AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Difference is, I can directly prove it.

stormfront.org/forum/f214/

You're part of the problem.

Sometimes I wonder how the rest of you aren't suffering from terrible nigger fatigue by now.
Honestly I just roll my eyes and tune out whenever a black person comes into front stage for whatever reason

Explain

I kinda feel that she is looking for dialogue.

On her terms.
She has expressed herself poetically

I think she is waiting for someones reply in kind.
my reply would be something like this

A message to the enslaved
Your voice is not your own
its an echo from the past
that lives on today
becuase you repeat it
like a mantra
lets talk about now
your tablet
your scroll
your ledger is black
with the transgressions of past lives
but you can't let the ledger be blank white again
though we are both brand new people
brought forth from the pain of our ancestors.
All this becomes noise and background radiation.

>"I am tripping over the roadblocks that you don't even know that you're placing in front of me."
Having to follow rules, discipline, rigorosity, etc.
> "I am drowning in the whiteness, and you can't help me if you can't see it."
Implying genocide against whites.
>"Now, it's uncomfortable – it is uncomfortable to realize how much easier you may have had things. It is uncomfortable to realize that a lot of the benefits that you may have came at the expense of other people. That makes you feel bad; it makes you feel guilty. And I do not have a solution for that because it should make you feel bad and it should make you feel guilty."
Wants to be white, projection.

>non mainstream
>Guardian, BBC both publish race baiting trash like this and ''black face emoji''

It's the same for me. Goes for women in most contexts as well.

However, this is very much restricted to the internet/the media. It hasn't seeped into my real life perceptions yet. I'm quite afraid that it might do so one day.

More or less. I just regurgitate whatever affirmative platitudes they obviously expect so I can be on my way. I never openly show any disdain though...for reasons if I had to explain I would mention something like...when Trump won the election there was this massive media outcry about how the polls were wrong and how outrageous it was that secret Trump supporters, these white men on the internet, refused to show their faces and openly express their views so they could be crucified. Like, there was genuine anger people didn't say who they were going to vote for, that self assured overwhelming demand for conformity makes my skin crawl.

>>"I am tripping over the roadblocks that you don't even know that you're placing in front of me."
maybe she means these
we didn't need them before we started having so many wogs hanging around

>implying you don't believe races should live in their seperate areas and countries

Go watch some Larry Elder

honestly m8 this is a literature board so anything mainstream in academic discourse (CRT) shouldn't be considered extremely rare here. btw have you opened a newspaper in the past year?

I'd drown her in the whiteness if you know what I mean. Actually I wouldn't cause she's already drowning in the fatness.