Every Harry Potter fan I've ever met

Every Harry Potter fan I've ever met.

My university had its own Harry Potter club. They were 95% girls and a couple of guys, one who looked gay and another who was so surrounded by puss it was hard to look down on

I guess this is because im older but i never met any boys who read harry potter. We all thought it was gay shit for girls and read dune and lord of the rings when we were younger. Do boys really read that gay shit?

XD soy

Sci-fi is even more gay desu

I always thought it sucked.
From the first movie (couldn't care watching more than one) Harry Potter started with that feel that he was being railroaded into success.
Also, it felt like a wizard's life boiled down to school then public service. On the care of a babysitter for life.

>Also, it felt like a wizard's life boiled down to school then public service. On the care of a babysitter for life.

That's just life in Britain

I really don't understand these """adults""" who are still maniacal fans of that series. Like, it's a kids book, grow up.

I'm extremely grateful that the Harry Potter books were written.
It is a fantastic 'litmus test' to filter between people in OP's pic from normal functioning members of society.

Fuck you the series started when I was 7. I was literally the target audience and it's not like it was the only books I read. I read a lot in between the new books to be released. I did noticeably start to outgrow them by the time the series ended. The last book was a bit of a chore, but I'm no quitter.
Also this
If I wasn't with a steady I'd be manipulating nerd pussy all day.
I read Tolkien in Jr. High and high school, but grade school was Harry Potter and some other genre fiction.

Seems fairly accurate from what I remember of the books

What kind of children book is the opposite of Harry Potter then ?

The Bible

Not sure if /pol/ or /leftypol/

Only boys I know who read it turned into stereotypical soyboys and ones now a fag. Really makes you think huh?

Noice.

>organising insurrectionary and disruptive activity against trump and the far-right..

I read it. Not a soyboy. Maybe you just hung out with weak willed fags easily lead by the first thing they read.

Pretty sure that is from /leftypol/. If it is from /pol/ both the style and content is definitely quite unusual for the place.

LotR is just barely better, and it still only appeals to an insufferable fanbase of numales and neckbeards.

I'm nostalgic for it simply because I read the series when I was 6 - 12. The movies were fun too, though I stopped watching after Order of the Phoenix. It's obviously not high literature, though the backdrop of the wizarding world is neat.

My 6 year old cousin is starting the books now and we watched the first two movies at Christmas. You could do with worse.

We need a list of series/books that just confirm that the reader is a numale

is yudkowski a numale?

When I was 9-12 almost every single guy I knew liked Harry Potter

Leftypol

Chronicles of Narnia

He barely qualifies as human.

Narnia and Harry Potter are exceptionally similar, the latter is just older and less subtle with its Christian allegories

Damn thats gay. I was 13 when the first one came out. I dont get how it was instantly popular. That really put me off. All the girls carrying around the book. Even the women teachers read it. Which i didn't understand. I remember when some video of a guy going around to all the midnight releases yelling snape kills dumbledore lmao.

Is the entire Fantasy genre fucked at this point?

>We all thought it was gay shit for girls and read dune and lord of the rings when we were younger
t. uber-geek who played D&D, Magic, and WoW incessantly from grade school into college

>I was 13 when the first one came out.
That's the difference. You were too old when it came out. The primary demo is early readers. Like elementary schoolers.

You sound like that white trash dude in remedial English who got fucked up by his brother every week

The entire scifi/fantasy genre is pozzed by feminist authors with political agendas. My guess is they are trying to spice up a flashy bland genre which, usually don't have any themes more complicated than "good vs.evil" at the cost of activating those almonds for propaganda.

Lots of triggered potter fans in this thread LMAO

>t. started reading at 25
>struggles hard to compensate since

I'm not even a fan, but clearly you sound like a manchild if you have to go on about "hurrr potter for fags I read REAL literature like LOTR".

Also if you were 13 when the first one came out, that would put you in your mid-30s now. Embarassing desu

I didnt say real literature. I mean non homosexul kid lit. Not some gay shit about a male witch.

It's an age thing. First book came out before I was born, movie came out when I was 6. Every single kid, at least in my mostly white northern virginia elementary school, seemed to be a Harry Potter fan from 2002-2006

Was it Potter who started the whole rot of the fantasy genre?
Sci Fi is also getting raped into the ground with STUR WERS

Genre fiction has always been mostly horrible

It’s irresponsible to draw conclusion from a small sample size, user.

LoTR is super gay though, its literally a romance between two queer manlets

go baq 2 reddit nigger you’re an eye-sore

Genuinely you sound like a neckbearded manchild who is projecting his own closeted homosexuality onto a 20 year old YA fantasy series.

>stupid girls, why are they reading gay books instead of paying attention to me

t. 4K projector

Someone post the harry potter copypaste of /tv/.

>N-No you

This

you sound like a grade a faggot
i bet you loved that gay ass harry potter didn't you?

The people calling him a neckbeard are just as bad as jk Rowling calling Veeky Forums virgins. Gas yourselves

Yeah they were fun

Neither are incorrect though

One of my favorite Veeky Forums posts

Who gives a fuck what JK rowling says? She's another billionaire neo-liberal puppet who can't concede the fact that her 15 minutes of fame and influence are over.

It really shows what a hack she was when she has all that money yet is reduced to shitposting on twitter

>has all that money yet is reduced to shitposting on twitter

Say what you will about the guy but he's been making waves

But he also runs the most powerful country in the world

I read the book when they were released.. I think I was 7, read every one except for the last two because I lost interest in the characters and eventually moved onto Tolkien and Heinlein by the time I was 13.

Seen all the film's tho

lol in the original thread leftist called that user a poltard.

>t. has never been on /pol/

so you're saying Rowling will become PM?

Britains political system is pretty consciously set up to prevent people like her suddenly taking power like that

PERHAPS

how so?

You don't directly elect a head of state.

First it requires you to find an open constituency to run in which is difficult as you basically have to have support by one of the political parties to do so and they already have some long term career man lining up for the seat that you have to push aside.
Then after that you have to get support from the majority of the party in order to be selected as leader which is a serious role that is relative to state control far more powerful than the President of the US. Then after that it relies on your actual party getting elected into office rather than just yourself.

There's so many specific and non-democratic gate keepers you have to get past unlike in the US where it is set up consciously to allow people other than career politicians to take control

They're fantastic for children and young adults. Once again Veeky Forums is compulsively contrarian and hates Harry Potter as a social phenomenon because they pride themselves on trying to not be a part of society

Think about it like this; these books at least bring people together. There are decent themes and world building, yes it's lowest common denominator stuff but at least some literature still finds itself gluing our desolate empty culture together

Yes, yes. Well done, user. Well done.

HOWEVER

I read them up to when the last book came out when I was 10.

He makes most of them look masculine.

ITT Stupid NEETs flaming J K Rowling yet none of you have the money and fame she has.

Stay mad.

I read all of the books but I have to say I think I never identified with any of the protagonists, Harry included. Rowling was quite good at combining a bunch of tropes into an enjoyable universe but her writing was kinda bad.

I was 12 when the last one came out. Go figure. I liked growing up with it, especially that it got drawer and edgier with every installment which really appealed to my 8 to 12 year old self.

And now you post pics of edgy 6/10 whores on an anime imageboard. Congratulations, looks like it was a positive influence.

disgusting skull

Dune is far better than Harry Potter.