Reading book

>reading book
>recognize an important theme or profound idea within the text
>imagine myself as a professor in an ivy league lecture theatre, clad in tweed, lecturing about my brilliant discovery to starry-eyed undergrads

I cant be the only one?

you should dance a razor blade around your mouth with your tongue user

>reading a book
>suddenly realize what a character meant by that

I do this all the time actually

If my post angers you, you are simply angry at yourself

>ib ur anwy itz cuz u had urselb

i mostly just imagine myself getting in fap beefs to be honest

tfw *rap

What? Like 8 mile?

I usually just imagine myself working hard on nothing at all, answering mostly stupid questions, and being comically bitter about everything.

We need you, user. You are the messianic reader of books.

I am more of a "imagining I am a French intellectual smoking an drinking on TV while launching sick bants at my academic peers sharing the smoke" type.

Also I am balding and soon I will look like a nice Foucault dopple.

>realize something profound
>nobody cares
>I'm alone and should face my every day problems

This is patrician, but i'd rather imagine doing this in a posh cafe in an Algerian sandstorm, discussing fictional characters like real people

No feels here please

>DUDE TWEED LMAO

pathetic desu

Shut the fuck up. How are profs supposef to dress?

>reading book
>recognize an important theme or profound idea within the text
>imagine myself as a political dissident in a court room, blooding spraying from my recently slit neck, lecturing about my brilliant discovery to starry-eyed bailiffs and lawyers

I cant be the only one?

>listening to music
>imagine myself performing it in front of my high school class because ten years after graduating I'm still desperate for their approval

I cant be the only one?

Yeah, I even bought a Tweed jacket with leather elbow pads.

A combination of these two

Slightly similar fantasy, I think about going back to my high school to record a live album like Elvis Costello's Live at Hollywood High, just because it had a really good auditorium.

>reading book
>have lots of interesting thoughts while reading the book
>forget them all by the end of the reading session
>forget what book I read the week after finishing it

>eventually reach a level to play in an amateur band
>it's not like the adolescent daydreams

Name 1 book

too accurate :^(

fucking hell dude

Yeah but instead I imagine is as a state college, a nice one but nothing fancy. I have 1 published novel, well received but again nothing lavish and it's relatively obscure. My best friend also works there and he lectures in the medicine department.

We often meet for lunch and a beer at the campus bar. My students enjoy saying hello.

In lectures I am fun but slightly cynical. One day my youngest daughter (of 7 children) commits suicide after a long battle with drug addiction. My class watches me deteriorate as I struggle to pretend everything is normal only weeks later.

>starry-eyed undergrads
Lmao that will never happen

>fun but slightly cynical
There is no way to be cynical - even lightly sarcastic - and still be "fun"

That is painfully autistic.

Yes, you're right in saying that Apu would agree

Oh yeah I'm always debating books with the guys in posh sandstorm cafes after a day of laying tar.

b...but I'm one user...

at least for classes I like, which includes Veeky Forums classes

You dont read much, do you?

kek I love day dreaming this sort of shit

Is this bad, though? Im not a teacher's pet or anything but i fangirl in secret in my political theory and legal philosophy classes

same. a shame I'm a pasty white guy. beyond eyedea or aesop I don't think someone like me would get very far before being shanked

nothing wrong with it. it seems we're both self aware enough to not be pricks about it. I just talk to my professor after class instead of flexing my braindick in front of people who don't care.