So what in the hell was the Golden Fang

So what in the hell was the Golden Fang

It's a criminal syndicate and a dental organization.

it goes all the way to the top...

better question: what the FUCK was Mickey Wolfmann's problem?

Were they back together at the end?

Why did they cut out the stuff about th einternet from the movie? answer me that PANDERSON

only in the movie

>better question: what the FUCK was Mickey Wolfmann's problem?
He was jewish but wanted to be a nazi

Greed. It's a disease that's everywhere. Once the golden fang bites into you, you become greedy.

try again

I like the love story in the movie so I know the book is going to be shit. Is it?

>tfw read this book 3 years ago, watched the film and don't remember a single thing aside from the pankeiku meme
why are his books so fucking hard to follow

If they had adapted the novel faithfully it would have been seven hours long. In Europe you can sometimes get away with that, in America anything over three hours that doesn't involve Kevin Costner is not going to be financially viable.

I really loved the movie and heard that Thomas Pynchon's stories always have great lolis, is this true?

Why do you think he hides from the public?

No, it's super good, just different.

Does it have a sad ending? The movie was happy. I don't like to read sad shit.

u should listen to the audiobook, the dude reads the lines and does the voices better than the movie, it's a different vision, when i watched the movie i enjoyed it, but the audiobook version had a totally different vibe, way more psychedelic

The ending of this movie gave me a huge boner

I wouldn't say it's sad. The end of the book and movie are like the end of an era. The movie views it one way, and the book views it a different way.

her nippypoos look weird though

Agreed, audiobook is great.

PTA has done this before. Like, I didn't get why Boogie Nights had a positive ending. Dirk Wahlberg should've died of aids after doing male prostitution or something. The ending just feels so naive.

I've always felt a bit disappointed with PTA's endings. They're interesting but ultimately unsatisfying. I'm not sure he's as good a writer as he is a director.

And like the other anons said, Inherent Vice should have been a 7-10 episode mini series.

I'm actually having trouble re-reading the book after seeing the film a few times. I keep reading it in Newsom's voice and seeing Doc as Joaquin and it doesn't work.

I can gree with IVs ending not being great, but goddamn There Will Be Bloods ending is perfect.

fpbp

the master ended pretty perfectly too imo

Agreed.
I loved the Inherent Vice movie up until that point.
The movie ending isn't bad, it's just that the book ends so perfectly.

it was a dramatic ending but there will be blood feels opaque to me

"dude were drilling and we cant stop, man, money, oil thats our new god, man! money, oil, money, oil"

he hires a great cinematographer and can direct actors like hell but it's nothing more than well made film