Origin of the species

>origin of the species
>bird beaks and shit
>therefore we is apes

The nerve of this guy.

here's a fun game: do some research into who he was friends with, related to, and what sort of circles he ran with :)

Wrong title, sage

It has become extremely trendy for humanitied students mainly influenced by Rick & Morty and Cosmos to pick up this book as if it had some formal literary value. Maybe the first chapter, which is surprisingly vivid about the struggle for existence does, but 90% of this book is about pigeons. It's really not worth it. The juiciest elements of Darwin are already in the collective unconscious.

yes goyim, darwin was a bad man, do not trust him
return back to your proud native-germanic druidism, it will make you the envy of all nations

i knew it was the irish!

>It has become extremely trendy for humanitied students mainly influenced by Rick & Morty and Cosmos to pick up this book as if it had some formal literary value.
not in my experience

at my college it was trendy for humanities students (and professors) to conflate darwin and evolution with social darwinism, just so they could make some weak point like "b-but muh altruism also drives human societies, r-r-right?"

the humanities has a very weird relationship with science

>"b-but muh altruism also drives human societies, r-r-right?"
eating and fucking are the things that drive human societies

>b-but muh altruism also drives human societies, r-r-right?
That's correct though.

T. Brainlet

>eating and fucking are the things that drive human societies
In order to eat more and fuck more, human beings have developed a lot of social mechanisms, such as altruism.

Linnaeus had already placed humans in the primates. Darwin's theory explained why these nested groups existed.

>I have observed similar things in different continents
>THIS MUST MEAN EVOLUTION

Really, Darwin?

I think he's a very interesting writer, and exceptionally clear given the subject matter: transformation. The guy was alot like Flaubert, forever agonizing over his writing. Very Veeky Forums.

Is this some /pol shit? Are you calling him Jewish? Darwin was a christian and deeply troubled personally by the implications of his conclusions to the christian doctrin.

Also, he was right, so what's the point?

Unironic question since I'm not well-versed in evolutionary biology
Why is it that they don't know what the common ancestor of homo and apes was? There's extensive archaeological record of the other monstrosities from millions of years earlier, yet not one specimen of what would be one of the most important finds in the history of the field?

He's not trying to call him a Jew.

He was a Satanist and deeply troubled personally by the implications of his religion.

Also, he was wrong, so what's the point?

You'll never know for sure whether any particular fossil is THE common ancestor, buy many extinct species have been discovered that have some human characteristics with mostly ancestral ones.

A good candidate for the common ancestor (or closely related to it) is Sahelanthropus sp., they lived around the time as the human-chimpanzee split in about the right geographic area and are mostly ancestral in morphology.

Why do humans look similar to apes?

We should start having serious discussions on eugenics because society has removed all evolutionary pressures except for physical attractiveness. In fact, intelligent people seem less likely to have kids and vise versa, so we're actually breeding out our intelligent and deevolving in that way.

looks like none of you idiots even read the book because it makes no implications about evolving from apes

>"it is clear that this is the origin of species"
really? what a hack.