He still believes in evolution

>he still believes in evolution

Lmfao

>i dont like that there are people who are smarter than me so im just going to believe whatever the hell i want

I believe in evolution I think, but there's one thing that bothers me. How does a creature evolve from one that can't see, to one that can kinda see? I understand how eyes could become better and better through natural selection, but how does sight even start?

Evolution is mostly random permutations.

Let me help you out.

1.Go to this site-
Google.com

2.Type in "evolution of the eye"

3. Read things

Can you randomly get an eye though?

evolution is theory, that is, belief

It starts as a simple binary photodetector. A basic ‘on/off’ protein which reacts to light. Something like that would useful for telling if it was just night or day, or knowing if you were facing up or down.

See

gr8 b8

Gravity is also theory, but I’m not going to jump off a cliff unless I’m suicidal

evolution can't explain this and all the attempts made miss the mark

You can't say the possibility is zero, but no, you probably won't do that. However, it is possible that a nerve sensitive to light mutates, and this nerve can be more and more refined through evolution.

I was going to respond, but did it for me. Light-sensitivity is something that could occur relatively easily, and from there the developments are working from a base.

That people other than yourself exist is just a theory, yet it's effectively fact

>Veeky Forums embarasses itself again for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 24 hours and it will never know how or why

>Something like that would useful

Who/what decides if it's useful? Why does anything go in any certain direction? Defenders of evolution always point to everything being random mutation while going in a certain direction at the same time. You can't have both. It literally makes no sense. You don't go from absolutely nothing to shit happening and becoming more complex over time just because. That's not how things work from our experience.

The idea isn't that some kind of intelligent entity found it useful. It's "usefulness" is that these features improve a creature's survivability and allow it to succeed and pass on its genes more than creatures that do not have the feature.

The verbiage is because for the majority of human history we've believed the world to have been designed in some way. Despite evolutionary theory, our culture and language retains a certain legacy.

Regardless of how you try to perceive its usefulness is deduced, you can't escape the fact that evolution is ultimately a theory created by humans. It doesn't exist apart from us, same as everything else. You're basing your statements on the idea that there is a we and a nature that is different from us, when we can not understand nature without understanding ourselves and our place within it.

The wordplay is irrelevant, the fact remains that you are applying a telos to a supposedly random and indifferent process. IF everything is random mutation without an inherent goal, then why does this lead to a "betterment" of the species, if we can say that? I assume you agree that to see is beneficial (in the evolutionary sense) when compared to animals who can not see, because this will lead to a higher chance of reproduction. But why do we get there at all? What caused inanimate matter to become animate? Why?

Gravity has far less of a theoretical framework than evolution.

>being so grounded in the theory of evolution that it thinks it's a fact

>theory

>I assume you agree that to see is beneficial (in the evolutionary sense) when compared to animals who can not see, because this will lead to a higher chance of reproduction
That really depends on the environment you turbo pleb. If you read a book in your life you'd know that many cave dwelling animals have vestigial eyes. Animals that mutated to not see get to save energy that can be used for more fucking. There is no goal to evolution, it's a competition to see who gets to fuck the most with no long term goal.
>IF everything is random mutation without an inherent goal, then why does this lead to a "betterment" of the species, if we can say that?
Because you only know about the shit that made more fit animals? Stuff that doesn't help doesn't get passed on too frequently.

>he still doesn't understand the absolute minimum basics of what evolution is, let alone absolute minimum basics of biology

>and his only argument is related to semantics because that's basically 99% of all philosophical discussion

Philosophy majors deserve to be shot

That's all it is. There is no way to physically prove evolution without resorting to artificial selection.

Apparently you don't understand your own theory either!
>it's a competition to see who gets to fuck the most with no long term goal.
Sexual selection was only a part of natural selection.
>Stuff that doesn't help doesn't get passed on too frequently.
Also false, by Darwin's own admission. That frequently things that are completely useless get passed down because they were combined with other traits that were useful...

But hopefully you see why the theory that you don't understand is stupid. Maybe you don't actually, but me having actually read The Origin of Species and believing in God, can. I can see that the theory itself is not grounded in anything but faith that Genesis was flawed somehow. This doesn't make any sense, it's like saying Atheism is a more logical sense than Theism because the burden of proof is on the theist. If there is a burden of proof on the theist for proving there is a god, there is a burden of proof on the atheist for proving there is no god.

Prove to me right now that the ghost of Nat Turner is not fucking your mom in her bed every night.

We're talking about a prime-mover. I can prove God exists by logic alone.

I cannot do the same with the 'ghost of Nat Turner'

Try again.

You can't because you're a brainlet, but I can.

Many things like this, the response is always
>if you wait long enough everything can happen
which just makes no sense.
How could the largest part of our brain develop, that which is used for language processing, when obviously the first generation of this wouldn't have been able to talk to each other and make use of this "mutation"?

Okay then proceed. Prove the ghost of Nat Turner is fucking my mom in her bed every night.

(this is kind of digressing from the proof that God exists, but I'm kind of curious at this point)

Or it doesn't account for things like souls, or because they are a huge part of this, spirits.

I ain't gonna explain shit you just gotta take my word for it.

>if you wait long enough anything can happen
Not anything, you'll never lose your virginity for example.

>Not anything, you'll never lose your virginity for example.
Ask your mum for more info

I'm nat turner('s ghost). I fuck your mom every night, in her bed

Necrophilia doesn't count user.

tell me this is bait

There isn't any one region that only does language processing. Language is a meme, in the Darwinian sense, that runs on the same multi-purpose hardware architecture found in every mammal.