I get called pretentious and arrogant a lot because I read whenever I have the opportunity in class instead of having a...

I get called pretentious and arrogant a lot because I read whenever I have the opportunity in class instead of having a talk with everybody else.
I guess I'm done with reading in public.

Read off your smartphone and say you’re just checking your fantasy sports league :^)

Would be the same deal, just with my cellphone

Reading in class is not just the same as reading in public. You send the message to your whole class that are on the same level and the same age than you that they're not good enough for you to speak to them. Even if its true it's normal if people call you pretentious and arrogant

imagine caring

fucking beta

If your in college I think it’s normal but if I’m high school I can see where they are coming from

I always read before class in college, no one really cared. If people are calling you adjectives, it's probably because of shit you say during class.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: you're probably an asshole and piece of shit as well.

It's not like you're going to get far in the book unless you are in study hall (assuming you are in high school) or have 20-30+ minutes. So what's the point? Then again I'm assuming you're like me and OCD about books where you have to read through a chapter before you can stop.

>tfw working a job with lots of down time and no one gives a shit if i read or not

It looks arrogant and if you can't understand that then you're probably on the spectrum.

It's like someone putting on their earphones while you're there.

HINT HINT
Pretentious means you act in a way not because you are inherently motivated to do so but because you want to appear to others in a certain way
By stopping you're just proving you are a pretentious pseud

do you really have that pathetic of a frame? stop being a faggot and keep doing what you want.

>By stopping you're just proving you are a pretentious pseud
No.

THIS

This

>caring about the opinion of the rabble

>not pulling several advanced level books in difficult foreign or dead languages out of a briefcase and then casually browsing through them while adjusting your monocle and smoking your pipe while nodding to yourself and casting the occasional contemptuous glance at the hooligans around you and sticking your nose up in the air while reclining in your chair, feet up on the table
you'll never make it

Stop lying and making blog posts on here

There's no greater display of decadent bourgeois elitism than reading in public. It drives me nuts when I see it. Nobody's impressed. Put the book away and be social with your fellow citizens.

Fuck the "literate" classes.

You read in class!??

Shut up nigger

What grade your in?

Why would I want to be social with degenerate, thug-culture hoodlums?

>Nobody's impressed

No one's trying to impress you

Travelling with daddy's money is worst imo

yes because no one would ever read for pleasure, only to impress you, an anonymous poster on a mongolian stamp collecting forum

Most people who read in public only do it to show others they're reading. Otherwise you would just stay comfy at home.

>tfw have unironically had people disparage and mock me for reading
the future is grim

Yeah I know right, what kind of pretentious faggot doesn't spend their 2 hours of daily commuting checking out the latest celebrity news and Trump tweets?

If you're in college and reading before class then whatever, you'll never see those people again in your life. If you're in high school and reading before class, fuckin' nerd, get some friends. If you're reading DURING class I have no sympathy for you and in high school the teachers talk shit about you for not paying attention or engaging with the class. Its rude to the teacher and self-segregates you from your peers, which is pretentious. Kids at my high school would bring stacks of manga and read through them all class period because they were >tfw to smart but always had the worst reading scores. Teachers talked mad shit about them with the actual smart kids.

What part didn't you understand in
>most people
it's fine to read in public transport because you have nothing else to do but most people just read in public to look smart. If op brings a book to read for 20 min in class while everyone is talking it's not even enjoyable.

BUGS

I know this is bait but
>be social with your fellow citizens.
every motherfucker ever is locked on their phones 24/7, it's way more of a problem than reading.

this desu

Thinking this way means that you believe others are there just to try and impress you which is even more pathetic, you aren’t important

>paying attention in class before university
Lol who does that?

Grow up dude

user be true to yourself, who honestly gives a shit if someone is reading?
It's more of an issue for them.
Continue on as if nothing happened.

Whenever I see these "read during class" threads, I wonder how the hell do you find time to read DURING class when you're in college? Reading in class defeats the purpose of going to lectures since you can just skip the class without getting reprimanded (inb4 class participation grade). So, the only way you can read during class is if you are in grade school, and got all of your work done in the class. In other words. OP is underageb&. Also reported.

Lectures start 15 minutes later retard. Also if you're in a lab or tutorial and are already finished but can't leave you might as well use the time to read

>if you're in a lab or tutorial and are already finished but can't leave
The fuck? You're not in high school. If you're done, just leave.

That's pretty standard at some universities

Like real universities? Or the kind that treat university as an extension of high school and take attendance for lectures?

THIS. only right answer. Op, fuck the herd! Woman like alphas, continuing to read is alpha af!!

It's mostly short stories/novellas that I read, and people's talking doesn't really bother me.

Slavlands here, nobody gave me shit at school/uni for reading between/during classes after assignments are done. Where are you studying?