Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wMPt7kCNAuc
pastebin.com/EQtrPKyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the ontology of saussurian structuralism has deep implications on the mind/body problem

My idea is quite novel indeed.

A writer finds himself tossed into a chaotic world of schoolboys by a diabolical professor who wishes to reduce him to childishness.

I'm stealing this idea. I'm gonna rush it out and get it published before you ahahahahahaha.

I'm not kidding. I just churned out 800 words on this. I'll have a manuscript in a months time.

Dragons arguing

I'll fucking kill you.

I am currently writing a story about a kid walking through a wasteland being chased by something I can't tell you because it's too original .

I got 10324 words so far.

chased by himself in twenty years

TS Eliot

A man stumbles across a conspiracy of funeral directors to suppress an immortality drug.

stupid

Fictional history of Antarctica from colonization rush to wars and finally becoming an independent country.

No even close. But nice idea.

No, it's not poem long poem with an irreverent tittle.

Yeah I know, that's why I'm not writing it.

>No even close. But nice idea.
Yeah it'd be like Looper a little bit
shut up

Pro tip: you know you have great idea when people on Veeky Forums hate it.

Yeah.

An isolated man sinks into depression and attempts to kill himself, finds out he was never alive

Sellsword is ousted from the mercenary company he helped to found over 25 years ago by a slimy usurper who has turned the once organization into a group of filthy, lawless brigands. After awakening to an incredible magical affinity through a mysterious fever, the aged warrior undergoes a journey to learn how to control this newfound power and use it to destroy the man who robbed him of his legacy.

Pretty generic, but I've always been a sucker for generic fantasy, so there you go.

cross-dressing skeletons beginning to open up to an all-knowing simulator they've stepped in and are trying to save themselves by complying with what they have to do to complete the game.

*pic is unrelated-- please understand this is a joke*

Could work as a comedy. I like the idea of a boring occupation being secretly powerful.
Not much to go on here, what kind of story is it meant to be? Is it an alternate history where some events are changed because of the presence of Antarctic civilization? Is it a way to set up a unique utopia/dystopia or just some weird culture?
are you okay

A man works the night shift at a gas station that happens to warp across dimensions during his shift

This is like Schroedinger's novel. This concept could be either utterly amazing or utterly horrific depending on how it is handled.

a 500 page poem detailing my brutal murder of you, the poster of the tapir and these shitty threads

Currently working on one that must be read online. Links to various sites, my own creations (I'm a graphic designer) and various sources or articles.

Written on war and the fact history is written by the winners.

In all honesty, who would be interested?

sounds interesting

A forty page novella about a man walking through an old rusted whaling station on a small Pacific island, caressing the flaking iron and remembering the strength in his hands as he held the spear. In lieu of exposition there are roughly 200 pages lifted directly from the technical chapters of Moby Dick located twenty pages in. It's very brave and postmodern of me.

>no exposition
>all technical jargon
You're an oxymoronic bore.

During the Biblical apocalypse, a vice-ridden but well-meaning philanthropist struggles to unite what remains of humanity after the rapture but in the process finds out that he has inadvertently become the Antichrist.

Girl gets kidnapped by God.

Gonna combine these thanks ;)

A writer who dreams what he writes. He gets so enthusiastic about this he just wants to stay in his dreams forever

a scorpion goes to the jungle to have a nice vacation but is harassed by an ape.

I fucking hate this image. What the fuck is that? I hate it.

A story about a man who is possessed by a demon and has lengthy arguments with it in his head.

In the future everyone has a unique identity logged into the world database. In a first, a man has his identity stolen leaving him without one. With no identification, he's deported into the depths of space

I would recommend checking out The History Of the Peoples Republic of Antarctica and the Antarctica relevabt section of the almanac in LOEG2 for previous fictional histories.
Sounds good
What kids and of arguments? Is he really a gibbering loon?
Haha this sounds terrible

le 56%

A man with amnesia wakes up on the shore and finds a los of money in his wallet plus the picture of a woman. He then lives the entirety of his life in the lenght of a single day, finding out he is a old man in big solitary mansion by the time he has to go to sleep.

>Fantasy
>Long story short there are Magi Houses that are enjoined to various semi-feudal states
>Carry out secret warfare and espionage while their patron states are ostensibly at peace
>Magi are only allowed to exist if they are brought into the fold of a Magi House
>Basically serve as servants and soldiers to their patron state; anything they do is to further their ends as they vie for power in secret
>But magic does not extend one's life span as in many fantasy worlds, but in fact is corrosive on the body and mind
>Magi must be equipped with a magical Limiter, a device that throttles the flow of vitae through the body, shortly after their latent ability manifests, to prevent them from dying outright
>Since their lives are so short, magi are considered selfish
>Every magus works towards an Opus, a great feat of magic that will write their name in eternity
>Magi Houses work towards the completion of a Grand Opus, something that can take generations and hundreds or even thousands of lives to complete
>Novel is written from the perspective of a member of a Magi House who is sent into the fold of another as a spy in order to figure out what Grand Opus they're working on
>Eventually discovers that they're creating what are effectively sentient magical nukes with immense destructive power
>Called "golems"
>Patron state is planning to use them to carry out a swift and terrifying offensive war that will bring the continent to its knees
>Protag succeeds in his endeavor, brings back the intel to his house, who themselves begin creating golems
>Hostilities soon break out and engulf the continent in a decades-spanning, brutal war
>The entire thing is written as an apology (as in the Apology of Socrates), an attempt by the protag to explain his role in history and mitigate his guilt thirty years later
>Based on the life of Robert Oppenheimer
>Written in the style of 18th/19th century Gothic and Romantic novels

how so?

>What kids and of arguments? Is he really a gibbering loon?
That's how he appears to everyone.

Feels vaguely like Berserk

Don't hate, friend. Embrace tapirbro. His loving embrace is open to those who submit themselves to his glory.

Detracting here, but IS history always written by the winners? The Jews and Japs have written tons of history, but they've got a losing streak longer than my dingus.

sounds wonderful senpai

This would be a good Twilight Zone episode but a bad novel idea

That's hypertextuality, give it a google if you want some ideas from people who've tried similar things.

man meets his guilt in his dreams in the form of her wife who killed herself while trying to forget and go on with his life

I like it

youtu.be/wMPt7kCNAuc
I take it you've seen this?

it's about a country back road and the things that happen on it and the people who cross it

Sounds like the plot to a Stan Rogers song desu

Events leading up to and surrounding the death of a Hollywood actress/socialite in the 1930s as chronicled by a celebrity photographer/stalker of aforementioned actress/socialite who may or may not have killed her in the first place but you'll never know for sure user ;)

p.s. has something similar been done before? It seems so generic an idea I can only imagine that it has

Its probably a long shot, but if the user that thought up the Muslim cyberpunk story idea is in here can you restate that shit. It was super interesting.

Could be interesting. Is the user with the vampire story still here?

Sup.

>Could be interesting.
Yeah. It was months ago though, so I doubt he'd remember it even if he was here. If I remember correctly, it took place in London under Shariah Law and when people were close to death their mind would be uploaded to some central computer where they would experience the whole 72 virgins paradise thing for what feels to them is an eternity, but in reality it was only a nanosecond. The main character works with some hacker group to get enough time in this central computer to bring down the whole system. The way the user described it was much more fascinating than I'm making it out to be.

Have you been editing or just writing slow?

It’s been slow going. Had a birthday this week so I’ve been partying and fucking off. However, my job pays for 1 day off for the birth so I’ll be writing tonight and ALL day tomorrow. Pic related. Brotherkun gave me a special bottle of bourbon as a gift

In an added note, a fifteen yet old Julian “pappy” van winkle makes a small cameo and talks bourbon with one of the main characters in 1890

Gold

A country governed by penguins would be cool. Did you get it? Cool e.e

but irl nukes have secured relatively total peace for almost a century now

And they do in this as well, they're used in a horrific manner that terrifies everyone and after almost a decade of WWI tier destruction both sides convene and agree to bar golemry from the war. These nukes don't have fallout, so they're a bit less destructive in the long term, but they can still wreak devastation.

The backlash against them is greatly intensified as well when it's discovered that golems are manufactured by taking a witch (basically the end result of never equipping a magical Limiter; they are juvenile magic users---since magical ability manifests itself sometime in adolescence--who are unable to control thei flow of their vitae and their unrestrained magical energy spills over, affecting the world around them in often horrifying ways. They also begin to go mad), deliberately keeping them alive, then grafting their souls onto powerful armored shells, basically creating a magic user without restraints. But they are also wild and nearly uncontrollable. So basically they keep children in immense pain and suffering, graft their souls onto titans of iron, and force them to murder.

If you haven't already, you should watch "the day the earth stood still". It could give you some inspiration with the golem/nuke thing

I hope it's Dad.

Its a series on Netflix called Dark. The dude is followed by himself in like 40 years, Góes back in time all sorts of stuff, quite complex. Its an awesome series.

Mine is a story about family and mental instability told from three different perspectives

>a thief hides a pavlovianly-conditioned young girl from her abusive father, a mysterious businessman named Mr. Luna who is rumored to feed his enemies to his dogs
>a cook searching for his deadbeat father starts to question his sanity as he encounters flesh-eating corpses and beasts with human faces
>a mid-functioning autistic dhampir is talked by an ancient vampire into murdering his friends in order to end a supernatural stalemate that has outlived its novelty

>Austrian economics children’s book
>Christian man opens a thrift store that sells bagels in a bad neighborhood
>feeds and clothes many homeless people
>homeless love him
>homeless people soon begin coming in from around the city constantly getting free clothes and bagels
>realizes he’s losing money
>homeless people slowly begin stealing clothes more and more
>hires personnel to guard clothes
>has to fraction feeding and clothing homeless people
>conflicted with being charitable and economically logical
>create two endings
>business goes under
>business grows when shows down the feeding and clothing of homeless people for a little and begins to only do it when he has a surplus of profit for the month.

I have too many ideas.
>Interstellar colonists on a generation ship reach destination only to find a civilization already there centuries old that is both technologically and culturally completely foreign to them and engage in acts of terrorism on the people living there who they believe have stolen their promised land.

>In distant post singularity world a group of people in the waiting room of a temp agency share stories of the worst and weirdest jobs they have ever had while society fall apart around them.

A group of people engage in an argument over trivialities which spreads to those that overhear it, eventually embroiling the entire world in a war that nobody can trace the origin of.

>A stone age primitive finds herself stranded an unfathomable distance from here tribe in a world where continents, mountains and regions move at visible speeds like flotsam on the sea and man due to the extreme separation has diversified into hundreds of subraces, she is now forced to ally with strangers that barely even look like her species and that she cannot understand.

>A chance witness to a act of police brutality finds himself with evidence that is seemingly contradicted by other footage of the incident resulting in him being made aware of an underworld of conspiratorial people that claim to be able to alter observable reality with the careful manipulation of perception.

>A seemingly ordinary engagement party turns into a debate about the nature of love itself, whether it can be identified and it's worth.

Nice. I'd buy for my kids if I had any.

I would like to write an epic. A multi-location dystopian mystery with horror, action and western elements. It would start off in an underwater city, and later move on to a gothic-Victorian city, a Wild West town and finally have a climax within a resident evil style mansion the size of a skyscraper at the edge of the world. I know it's all retarded sounding but I've had this idea since I was 15 (22 now) and it never ceases to sound cool in my head.

A journalist is making a report on a rejected experimental gun. He interviews the scientists and then they let him try it. The gun has no kickback, makes no sound, is perfectably comfortable to hold, and essentially has no feedback on the user even while it shoots. The journalist is horrified and realises the reason it was rejected (the soldiers didn't like it) was because it exposed just how horripilant violence is whitout the positive stimuli, the adrenaline of our current methods of killing

This should sum up the jist of it. About my last relationship (yeah, classic).

Please tell me how my writing sucks and how I can improve (srs).

pastebin.com/EQtrPKyw

Are you seriously fucking posting undershit fan fiction fanart in here?
May the earth itself swallow you and crush your bones with It's spendid fluxstone teeth. May fire refuse to heat you, may water refuse to give you succor from thirst, may air flee your lungs in disgust.
May all the spirits of the Kosmos and of the Kaos curse your unhallowed name.
Darkly Splendid I refuse your fanart and remain unconquered.

The writing is just so blatant and surface level. It's very one dimensional, and you aren't at all employing "show, don't tell". Describe things. Elaborate on things.

Like, the dialogue is too focused on the subtext? Like it goes straight to the point? I just wanted to focus on dialogue so I didn't describe anything else. Thanks by the way, I appreciate any criticism.

Not him, but there's too much emotional whiplash for what amounts to a five- or ten-minute conversation, plus a lot of details that seem shoved in to inform the reader. All in all it's unbelievable dialogue, and even if it weren't it still focuses on standard breakup drama that I can already find anywhere.

A writer writing satire about meta novels.

Wouldn't that be twice the meta if the story is about a guy writing about meta?

A story about a king on his deathbed, thinking about his life as a dragon destroys his kingdom

a 1980s/1990s YA novel about highschool, monsters, demons, possession, Resurrection, vampire hunters, and cults. with a female lead

>female lead

lol

got to rake in the teen girl money somehow

I'm working on a drama in which a Haitian sorcerer tries to seduce a girl with the powers of the Loa, but in the end all his endeavours fail and he just rapes her

Hell is real but lucifer isn't very powerful (so it seems) so people just end up being hunted by unintelligent packs of demon wolves. Bands of humans had been sticking together throughout history to not get hunted but things totally change after WW2.

When WW2 ends, mass hoards of nazi / soviet troops end up in hell and collaborate to create an actual city (run by hitler) with laws and a government etc. With this security, they're able to create divisions that go around collecting new citizens instead of them being eaten thus growing the population.

This draws lucifer to gather up what troops/power he to invade and destroy the city but the nazi high command is warned by God and secretly given arms to repel the invasion.

Lucifer loses the war and is forced into peace terms which include a variety of points including officially recognizing the new nazi state and the creation of a probation system for transfer to heaven. (For some, not all)

Those in this system are given a certain silver ring and they draw the hate of those who aren't eligible for the system.

Story begins 50 years later with the main character part of this probation program.

A door-to-door salesman keeps showing up at the same house every day for decades.

A vigilante story (Super, I don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore), but from the perspective of a dude with very bad DPDR so everybody is essentially a cartoon character, I want to focus on the idea of being mildly disconnected from reality as opposed to the full bore psychotic shit. No this isn't a vehicle for lazy characterization masked as avant garde bravery fuck you.

Interesting. I'd check it out.

"Français de souche"/"pied-noir" Jew teenager living in Algeria in the 1950s becomes involved in OAS activities, becoming an impromptu assassin before fleeing to Belgium.

Opening paragraph

>The scents of my early teens were barbequed lamb and burning buildings. We listened to Yé-yé and explosions, doo wop and gunfire, we picnicked on rocks under stone pines, the sea lapped our feet while the war raged around us, we danced the Madison on a battlefields edge. We couldn’t admit that paradise was provisional, that our heaven on earth was turning into hell, a hell we would have to flee. Lime sorbet tastes of immeasurable loss.

Cool. How are you writing it? Did you spend time in Algeria?

So far it's in bits and pieces, but trying to do it linear. It's from the recollections of my father and extended family, so getting information from them when ever possible.

Some more extracts I need to find a home for.

>We are chosen because we own extreme empathy. It is a duty and a curse. It implies no divine favouritism. We must side with justice. We must not think of ourselves. We must, above all, not allow ourselves to be defined as victims for that strengthens the tormentors.

>. The figure of Judex that I have incarnated throughout my life derives from the god whose justice is vengeful, stern, pre-Christian. Jesus was not much of a Jew, he was the first appeaser, a Duke with faith in rehabilitation and redemption. A Jew must believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a pyre for a pyre.

>Soon these lurking thieves would add to their wealth, they would appropriate what was ours. My mother says it’s what was due to them. It is not due to them. It was not due to them. There wouldn’t be “them” had there not been French medical science in Algeria, there would’ve been no Algerians to give birth to the generations who killed in pursuit of independence. They’d have died from malaria, cholera, typhus, small pox, they could not cure themselves. And independent they would soon contaminate our home with smoke and spit and shit.

>Young guy, university graduate from a still undecided field, is sent to the new world by steamer
>he's between 18-25
>set around whenever big atlantic steamers were new
>his task in the new world is gathering reports and interviewing people currently building the new world, trying out a bunch of different jobs as he goes, and to then report back to the old world
>quickly realizes that things aren't as they probably should be
>in the end he decides to stay in the new world to work on bringing it more together or something along those lines
>maybe a bildungsroman
I've had other ideas but this is the only one I really enjoy imagining taking place

I'm interested in this.

r8 my story pls im not done with it yet

every hot

My ideas are twofold:
>a heavily embellished retelling of my college years, when I was nearly killed and most of my interpersonal relationships went to shit
>I’m writing it as smut with a view to making a quick buck
And;
>A space-trucker story that I’m sayin’ nothing about because I think it’s actually a novel idea.
>not smut.

try this but with hjelmslev like the big boys do