Be brainlet who does nothing except play video games all day

>be brainlet who does nothing except play video games all day
>want to become smart like Veeky Forums, the highest IQ board on Veeky Forums
>lurk for several weeks
>still cannot even BEGIN to fathom the sheer scope of ongoing intellectual discourse here
am i destined to be a brainlet forever? i just can't keep up with you guys

keep at it, buddy, and while you're at it, start with the greeks. Take it at your own pace

>the highest IQ board on Veeky Forums
worlds tallest dwarf

just do brainlet taqiya like the rest of us

Intellectualism is a meme. Read taoism and the leave this place forever

Is this bait? if not I can offer some advice OP.

Its too late for you, if you start with the Greeks now itll take you forever to get to contemporary thinkers. Just continue playing video games

Advice pls

you give normal people to much credit

>Veeky Forums
>intellectual discourse
You really are new, huh?

Omg hai ^___^ Im Kirby-chan and I absolutely luuuv @_____@ Fourchan

>Veeky Forums
>smart

Most of the references you can't understand on here are just people regurgitating memes to each other. You don't actually need to be deeply familiar with Jordan Peterson, Zizek, Pynchon, John Green, David Foster Wallace or so many of the other contemporary writers referenced on this website obsessively. Most of them are either not that insightful and/or will be proven to be passing fads when future generations fail to remember their words. Have a general preference for the older to the more recent. Start with the Greeks is a cliche because it's true. literature in all its variations is an immensely complex subject and is not necessarily attainable or even particularly desirable with all the different subjects discussed on here. The illusion that people posting in any given thread are experts and not, at best, dilettantes, is just that, an illusion created by internet anonymity. You don't have to know everything to be a non-brainlet. If a particular subject fails to grasp your interest naturally that is not necessarily because something is wrong with you. Begin by reading things you want to know about naturally and see what kinds of intellectual journeys that can take you on. Use the internet very sparingly, except for things that actually are educational like Wikipedia or the Internet encyclopedia of Philosophy. Television is also generally, an evil to be avoided, particularly television news. If you want a good general introduction to most of the main thought streams of Western culture read Homer, Plato, the Bible, Dante and possibly Shakespeare.

I will never not love this shitposting pasta.

I think you misunderstood the sticky. When it mentions that Veeky Forums is a slow board, it isn't referring to the frequency of posts...

Patrician approved post
he said "highest IQ", not even smart

did the man who invented Veeky Forums go to Veeky Forums

My boy is wicked smaht.

Start with the Greeks

/thread

gl, OP.

reddit

Veeky Forums is smarter than Veeky Forums but I think we're a close second.

>can't keep up with you guys
but remember that you are comparing yourself, one man to an entire board of people. Not everyone knows everything about everything, people just respond to the niche that they know.

we're really not smart dude

read some and then join our pretentious discord

dude not even close, sci attracts the "i know quantum physics xD" kiddos

Alternatively, read Tao Lin and then joing us.

The only good things that happen here are infrequent and buried under the posts written by underage mongoloids who take the board's memes seriously.

>>lurk for several weeks

Do you actually read literature?

>Veeky Forums smart
>hardly anyone recognizing unsubtle bait
sigh

/qa/ is the smartest and patricianest board
Veeky Forums is unironically dumber than /pol/. no, seriously.
/r9k/ is probably the dumbest

Cut Veeky Forums some slack. It's full of 15-year olds. Everyone was a total fucking idiot at 15. And everyone who thinks they weren't is still a total fucking idiot.

Haha I just got that

you don't give them enough

Extremely accurate. Well done user.
/thread.

A History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell is a good start.

Just read some books, it's not a competition.

no smart people aren’t stupid at 15

Yes, they are.

No, Russell is a fag. Read Copleston's

caramels

use this to help you retain all that you read. pseuds will tell you it's retarded, don't listen to them.

Grow a pair and do what you like to do fag.

Start out with something easy, like "Everything Poops"

that's embarassing

In terms of the content found on /r9k/ it's the stupidest board without a doubt, but the people themselves individually tend not to be that stupid. Besides, autistic virgins can be preferable to the pretentious pieces of shit all too typical of Veeky Forums.

Lel, sooooo gud. Thanks for the laugh user

>and possibly Shakespeare
>possibly

Methink’st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee.

/biz is dumber than /r9k. It's just crypto shills shouting and acting like an autistic NEET's imitation of patrick bateman.

Back to pol.

>still cannot even BEGIN to fathom the sheer scope of ongoing intellectual discourse here

Welp, you tried trolling, and apparently it worked.

based

I used to think buttholes were good until my early twenties but now I love cute girl butts more than anything.
Good luck OP.