What the fuck in God's name has the New York Times come to?

What the fuck in God's name has the New York Times come to?

See the second excerpt I've posted below. This is fucking worthy of how r9k memes portray "SJWs", and I consider myself liberal.

nytimes.com/2018/01/18/nyregion/i-told-you-never-to-play-that-slut-shaming-song-again.html

Other urls found in this thread:

medusamagazine.com/i-created-medusa-magazine-and-i-am-shutting-it-down-because-feminist-stupidity-has-surpassed-satire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>>Not Veeky Forums. Remember to sage and report threads like this, everyone!

Shit is it really books only
My bad
But where else can I go to discuss this? I'm not going to /pol/ or /leftypol those places are fucking cesspools. I guess /news?

also this article is satire you fucking retard.

You're either rusing badly or have serious brain problems.

this is definitely more /pol/ than Veeky Forums, but i guess this is as good a time to bring up as any.

medusamagazine.com/i-created-medusa-magazine-and-i-am-shutting-it-down-because-feminist-stupidity-has-surpassed-satire

/pol/. thats it.

> "I Was Misinformed -- A humor column by Joyce Wadler. May be dangerous when combined with alcohol or drugs."

No it is not.

Do you not get satire if it's not cartoon third graders? This is hilarious

ALL REPLIES BENEATH THIS LINE ARE JUST GETTING TROLLED

I have a friend who is henpecked to death by his horrendous childlike adult baby girlfriend and all he does is tolerate it and work around it. He's so used to it after five years, used to living with a surrogate mother who natters him all day, and with whom there's no winning any dispute because everything that upsets her is just completely insane and grounded in chaotically shifting emotions.

The other day I was staring at him and trying not to think about slitting his throat to put him out of his misery, and I realised, that's the entire West right now. The "mode" he is in, that kowtowing mode of listening patiently to spoiled bratty self-absorbed child that accidentally happens to be in an adult's body, of constantly pretending the latter is an adult like him and trying to treat it like one, THAT is the underlying mode the entire West has been in since the '60s.

You're either baiting or retarded. The article is part of the NYT humor column "I Was Misinformed". It is 100% satire.

>childlike
>surrogate mother
u wot m8? Who does the cooking, cleaning etc?

OP here, I believe now that it is satire but I found it in the "Metropolitan" section of their website. How was I to know?

>legal papers of consent
Is that jew foreplay?

>oooh baby, i can't charge you with sexual assault even if you use the claw on me

By fucking reading it you numbskulled shitflinging mongoloid. What the fuck are you doing on a board devoted to literature when you can't fucking into reading comprehension at a middle schooler's level?

I've taught some goddmaned idiots in my day and they are all smarter than you, or at least know when to hold their dumbass tongue.

cuck

i tested at a 12th grade reading level in 4th grade, but i will concede that i'd been mostly sitting on my ass and smoking pot from the age of 11 til a couple months ago and i have gotten a lot dumber.

that being said, i was also unaware that the new york times even HAD satire pieces, i always thought of them as a pretty serious publication.

pretty much everything i read in the new yorker and the times outside of '"shouts and murmurs" in the new yorker, i take seriously.

i guess this 70-year-old joyce adler lady got me good, huh.

not OP

don't smoke weed, kids. that is all.

Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

I know it's satire but real shit 'It's Cold Outside' is a creepy song.

yes but it's catchy and nobody really thinks about it like that

said the cis, white, man-splaining patriarchy-loving rapist

>images of hedonism and feminism, destroying Americana history
I thought the whole "jews are trying to destroy America from the inside" thing was funny but it's real. it's so blatant.

>fails to recognize obvious satire
>"b-but my point still stands, guys!"

Really pathetic

>how r9k memes
post it there the next time, you pathetic retard, given their collective intelligence no one's gonna call you out there

OP here; i did not even have a point, buddeh. it was a question: what is NYT coming to. if you think i was trying to prove something or make a point, you are wrong. i was just genuinely confused about this being in the Times' METRO SECTION.

And while it is supposedly a humor column, I am still not entirely convinced that this piece was satire. After reading the other articles by her in this column, I am, if anything, more confused. Go ahead and do so yourself. They appear, to me, to be serious articles written in a sometimes humorous way.

It's not a satire piece

reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

so then what the fuck is it??

i'm just gonna write the author a letter already, i'm tired of this shit.

after poring over her other articles and trying to determine what's what, my brain is separating.

>that pathetic damage control
stupid, dumb, frogposter scum

I've never posted a frog in my life, you fat, vile, basement-dwelling "hurr-durr, I'm so smart cause I shitpost on Veeky Forums from my parent's computer and i study philosophy"-ass, pimple-popping little bitch.

And one of the posts you replied to isn't even me, you fucking asshat of a nincompoop.

> Crazy person haunted by cartoon frogs even when no frogs are posted

STOP POSTING INVISIBLE FROGS

Did someone ask for me?

what do u guise think

am i autismo

>"The form of the frogposter does not depend on the particular frog he posts or whether or not he even posts a frog at all" -t.plato

i fixed the typo btw

not autism, you're just obtuse

It's creepy to us, but there's a lot of lines and context that are misinterpreted through a modern lens.

>Fred Weller

What, They couldn't get Fred Willard?

you are a very special kind of person

i tested at 158 when i was 6-7 and then 130-something when i was about 16.

maybe i have a degenerative brain disease and i'll get dumber and dumber til i die

if i were to say i was trolling now would you beliebe me ;^(

you already said it yourself. it takes a lot of work to recover from being a stoner.

any suggestions?

also, don't just show up on other boards and start memeing around like your thread is some personal haven of softcore-/s4s/ mentality

keep reading and hang around people who have never touched weed in their lives and barely drink

All these patriciansTm making fun of OP for not telling it was satire unless it is explicitly told to him should open up their Wikipedia icon on their desktop and search for Poe’s law

Roger. I figure at this point my best bet is to impregnate some hard-working lady and maybe my kids will grow up to do some good things, cause my genes clearly aren't the problem.

Not to mention that I didn't expect a 70-year-old lady who writes for the NYT to be such an advanced troll.

But thank u ;^)

lol no, they just extrapolated wrong
you'l be fine faggot
well probably not fine, but you'll be ok

everyone in this thread got trolled

final draft should i send it

i'm so excited i hope she responds soon

i sent it :^))))))