Is there any better representation of the enlightened mind in popular culture?

Is there any better representation of the enlightened mind in popular culture?

A thread died for this.

Pumbas spiritual evolution from his outsiders perspective on society is truly a remarkable feat in a disney film.

they were literally soyboys who take Simba and regress him into manchild living instead of confronting the harsh realities of life

Timon and Pumba are ricks, and you're a jerry

>harsh realities of life
Hakuna matata....

>unironically using redditandmemey quotes
I rest my case

>spouting a meaningless mantra will somehow make the bad things go away

Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

They're based cynics who's philosophy ultimately allow Simba to be a wise king.

Simba is a wise king DESPITE their shallow ideology. In fact, the end up ditching their ideology to follow simba as he takes down scar

>bad things
H A K U N A M A T A T A

But it does.

>Clearly hasn't watched Lion King 2

Teddy never wallowed around in self pity and nihilistic hedonism though.

>Nihilistic hedonism
How can you see Timon an pumbaa as anything but ascetic outsiders? They consumed only the insects of the earth and detested thots.

Their life is nothing but consumption user. They are basically MGTOW fags collecting nerd culture trash because they cant face the harshness of the world. Of course Veeky Forums would like them.

>Implying anyone is anything but consumption
Gud one. The more you attain the more you consume.

>soyboys
they only eat bugs you stupid faggot
jesus christ

>Their life is nothing but consumption user
Is the life of a beetle nothing but consumption?

how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? They are numale losers who run away from the world rather than face it head on. Veeky Forums liking them makes a lot of sense.

Timon turned me into a furry :(

>They are numale losers who run away from the world rather than face it head on
What world are you talking about?

>T. Surface thinker

>no argument
lol take the L nigga

you sound like a faggot wojackposter from /v/

>no argument
>reddit
>soyboy
>numale
>cuck
Gee I wonder where this fine poster came from

the world may never know

>lose argument
>start shitposting

>no argument

pic related is you

>How can you see Timon an pumbaa as anything but ascetic outsiders? They consumed only the insects of the earth

the movie very straightforwardly paints them as counterculture hippies who reject traditional society for a trendy alternative lifestyle. the bugs stand in for health food. they consume them not in the manner of ascetics but that of hipsters. this is basic stuff user.

>Projecting this much of your own ideology
Wow this sure is a pleb thread.

yeah, I got banned yesterday too. You really need to relax dude.

lol you lost the argument and are mad at me

yeah absolutely seething

and what ideology is that user? if what i've written there comes from me and not from the movie then what do i believe in?

sure thing pseudo-intellectual who is too stupid to understand a childrens cartoon

You're obviously viewing it through a lens based on a baby boomer culture war mentality. There is no evidence in the movie to support your theory that bugs are a stand in for health food and your assertion that they are "hippies" is just as baseless. You do realize that retreating to nature and limiting personal desires as a path to inner peace wasn't invented in 1969, right? But probably not because again you seem to view the world in a capacity limited to the second half of the 20th century.

>nihilistic hedonism
I was thinking more Epicureanism, but same thing.

>There is no evidence in the movie to support your theory

well let's compare it with your idea that it's about

>limiting personal desires

they are not limiting their desires when they consume the bugs, they are indulging in a feast of trendy, "multicultural", healthy cuisine. i mean look at this:

Pumbaa: {Slurping} Slimy, yet satisfying.
Timon: {Grabbing a bug} These are rare delicacies. Mmmm. {Crunches} Piquant, with a very pleasant crunch.
Pumbaa: You'll learn to love 'em.
Timon: I'm telling you, kid, this is the great life. No rules. No responsibilities. { Pokes his hand into a knothole-- many bugs scramble out} Oooh! The little cream-filled kind. {munch} And best of all, no worries.

are you seriously seeing ascetics denying their desire here? that's just inane.

for some reason i see some resemblance between timon and simon pegg

>actually consuming vacuous, mind-frying popular culture for the expense of a vague "analysis"
You might as well shove a coathanger into your nostrils at this point

if you can talk intelligently about an acclaimed novel but not a children's movie then you are immediately outed as an intellectual fraud that can only repeat second-hand insight.

>Irony going right over your head
Why would I ever have to acquire a taste for something if they were actually transcendent a flavor as the other quotes implied? Where is the appeal to health if it's health food? They're scavenger tier but they make light because they have rid themselves excessive desire.

there is no irony. the words and images consistently form a picture of indulgence, not asceticism. they are enjoying the bugs, not ironically pretending to enjoy them. your interpretation relies on seeing one thing and insisting you're seeing the opposite.

There is nothing to gain from watching movies for children, nor is there any worth in conversing about a children's movie. If you want to surround yourself in simplicity, get a lobotomy

“Men of the world who value the Way all turn to books. But books are nothing more than words. Words have value; what is of value in words is meaning. Meaning has something it is pursuing, but the thing that it is pursuing cannot be put into words and handed down. The world values words and hands down books but, though the world values them, I do not think them worth valuing. What the world takes to be values is not real value.”

spoken like a true pseud. once again, an actually insightful person would have more to say about the teletubbies than you could say about ulysses because for you it's all about surrounding yourself with "worth" to hide the void inside.

>Using mysticism to justify the action of your wasted time
I actually agree with that quote, by the way. It's just that the striving of meaning is certainly not apparent to the nature of a culture antithetical to meaning, that would only obfuscate any searching.

>Ascetic cynics must feel miserable otherwise it's not authentic
The very fact that they enjoy being social outcast scavengers proves that they are true cynics. Diogenes did not loath being diogenes.

That hypothetical is certainly interesting, had it not been for the fact that it still proves my point. A learned, or insightful, man would have experienced enough to actually formulate his thoughts on, say, Teletubbies. However, the circumstance of their thoughts being related to the actual "worth" or "gain" of the product is debatable, due to the fact that this man is already assumed to be insightful. As for a listener that encounters this insightful man, they experience not what the actual product formulated, but what the insight of a man formulated. I said there was nothing to gain from watching children's movies, precisely because the insight is related to the amount of "meaning" a man with insight would have, insofar as he is capable to formulate his own thoughts and beliefs.

>The virgin Lion King
>The chad Kimba the White Likn

I actually thought about writing a long post showing that Teletubbies is critique of feminism going against family, since there is a strong tie between the members and duties they have to do. Also because genders are left vague, they only perform a duty as it's needed for the family structure to survive, like serving food and whatnot. Some characters perform the father role and others the mother role, not two of the same.
The critique is that the family structure is there, even if the gender identities aren't exactly left clear. Also each color could represent that they view themselves as individuals and not as copes of the next person.

I should probably stop honestly.