I am looking for a good book about dominating social interactions...

I am looking for a good book about dominating social interactions. Some one recommended me this book but I want to hear more suggestions.

Obligatory.

Tell me more about it!

There's usually a thread about this every week. It's basically the HTWF&IP directed towards Chads, but it really boils down to self-assertion beyond the point of being a pompous dick. To be fair, it kind of works under the right circumstances; people just hate you because of it. It's good if you're looking to boss other people around which kind of defeats the whole point of voluntarily interacting with people

I'm not regular on /lit
I read on wiki that lots of prisoners and celebrities (read: niggerfagots) endorse 48 laws of power. I need more suggestions

Unironically, most of the normie-tier self-help books can help the average idiot; Veeky Forums just won't admit it because "muh philosophy" though these self-help books are basically just boiled-down philosophy (e.g. pic related). At the end of the day, there isn't a book you can read that will automatically make you dominate social interactions. Doing that is just a matter of your own self-confidence, which gets higher with practice. Take a public speaking class.

I want something that would point out the mistakes I'm making in social interactions. I am by no means awkward or a complete pushover, I would just like to step up my "social game" cuz I have been put in an envirement with lots of socially articulated (and sometimes aggressive) people and I am having a bit of a hard time

>prisoners and celebrities
realistically, which group do you think you'll end up in

A book won't solve all your problems, you'll need someone to analyse your movements and behaviours.

This will let you dominate every situation, but you wont be able to go back to normal relationships.

It teaches you how to interact in a working environment in order to become assertive and manipulative.

Seneca, Machiavelli, and 48 laws are all you need.

But I was dominating before I read these.

this book is trash user

a freaking shrink??

These sorts of books have helped me the most in everyday life. If you've read one book on persuasion you've read them all because they're all pretty much the same, but still it's good to read a few different ones to help you remember what you're doing.

The Persuaders by James Garvey is another good one even its more of a history because it explains just how easily people are manipulated by the smallest things and there's nothing we can do about it.

>dominating social interactions
so far this one has worked for me

does it help with convincing women to fuck you?

>tfw Veeky Forumszen who desperately needs game

>speak loudly and a lot
>interrupt others

There, you don't have to read a book now

No, all you need is to be confident and be yourself.

>speak a lot

wrong

Social interactions aren't there to be dominated you loser. You're just going to be a pompous dick nobody wants to be around.

Read the Charisma Myth

BY THE ART OF CONTRADICTION LOSER FACILITATES WINNING. MY YIN, YOUR YANG. I AM BARING MY FANGS WITH LIPS SHUT TIGHTLY IN A DELICATE WITHDRAWAL.

bump

you didn't hear it from me

>game
stop thinking like a 12 year old for a start
being "smooth" and having pre-rehearsed jokes and shit doesn't get you laid unless you live in a sitcom
there aren't any tricks to it, just be somewhat interesting in a conversation and talk to a girl for a week at most and she will fuck you unless you are a goblin or she's an anomaly

you better analyze the gestures you do in certain social settings and weigh them in the light of this mindset: "how does that help me to subjugate the plebs?". and that's how you know if what you're doing is right or wrong
also look to improve your rhetoric(though i think that's evident)

>dominating social interactions
That is not Carnegie's philosophy. The title describes the book well. He uses the nice-guy approach. Perhaps H.L. Richardson's Confrontational Politics is more your style.

bump

>he actuallly, unironically, in a non-cynical and/or comedic/satirical way, reads self-help books
the incel revolution is truly upon us

BETA UPRISING

Its very strange

The fact that people need to be taught how to be manipulative gives me hope, and yet the fact that they want to takes it away

Do you have a better suggestion on the topic of social self improvement? How would you do it?

That book is absolute trash. I'll sum it up for you
> Lesson: "I was sad and unsuccesfull because i did not used said lesson, but after giving a shot, it not only solved my problem, but i became president of the whole company" Said someone who we cant name, but he is multi billionare bussiness man

Yes, actually. Instead of reading a book like some virgin faggot, go out and actually interact with people. It's action that changes things, not sitting your fatass and reading.

I recommend reading Erving Goffman for a perspective on how social interactions work.

>go out and actually interact with people
I already am. I am simply looking for some tips to improve myself.
So you are saying that nothing, not a single peace of advice can help me at all, that if I wanted to improve social interactions I should double down on the things I'm currently doing until they work?

You missed the point. Go out, try different approaches. It's fucking obvious that if what you're doing now doesnt work, you dont double down. FFS, are you an idiot?

I cant seem to improve on my own anymore, thats why I'm looking for a different approach and different ideas
>FFS, are you an idiot?
Yes.

>I am looking for a good book about dominating social interactions.
This mentality, and those who read books such as the one you posted, are hallmarks of people who are unable to do just that.

If you need to read books, plot, and strategize basic social interactions and networking, you won't be successful. People who are successful at such things are a combination of: being innately highly social people, charismatic, empathetic, self-confident, etc. In my opinion, you either have it or you don't.

And if you don't, the only way to better yourself is to exercise those atrophied social muscles, not read about how to "dominate social interactions". If you approach people with this mindset, they will invariably see your disingenuous and abrasive nature and avoid you.

>In my opinion, you either have it or you don't.
Well I don't think this is true, actually. You can definitely develop better skills by experience friendo

This is why you should never tell anyone that you read it, especially women loves innate attributes and hates people who tries too hard.

Idgaf about your oppinion on it. I dont remember asking "is it okay to socially dominate people or not".Now suggest a book, comment on other peoples suggestions and contribute

nah, fuck yourself, aspie shit.

>Doesn't get the concept of tacit knowledge

Which is why I included the following sentence:

>And if you don't, the only way to better yourself is to exercise those atrophied social muscles,

Socially, I'm fairly odd/eccentric but I am quite passionate and genuine, which people respond positively to. I prefer to be alone and have some social phobias, but I am a situational extrovert and can use this to my advantage.

I try to improve my social skills, but as I've gotten older, I don't worry about it so much and just go with the flow and don't dissect my social interactions as much. I know who I am and I know my strengths and weaknesses.

I think being able to honestly look at yourself and drop the defense mechanisms is the best way to progress socially. Also, you need something to offer people, not just a cringy and clumsy Machiavellian approach. It can be charm, charisma, warmth, support, or better yet, a measurable, valuable, and desirable skillset.

I was bullied a lot when younger, friendless for long periods of time, and moved around a lot as a kid. Maintaining long-term friendships is difficult for me and I am definitely a loner. But excelling in my field and learning that I had goods to offer others really helped me get over my social obstacles. This in turn made me more comfortable and confident, which improves my social skills (positive feedback loop). I am now excellent at networking, giving talks, and basically interacting with people., whereas when I was a teenager I was full of anxiety and often spent my lunch breaks hiding from people.

Lol, apparently this book makes you get a tattoo!

Social guru here. I have a record of 57-0, undefeated, in first impressions. For example, at a job interview when first meeting the interviewer, she saw me stare directly at her breasts while shaking her hand, and I successfully recovered with "Oh, a tan line outlining a cross necklace you're no longer wearing - I, too, am having an existential crisis." I know I made a good first impression because she "saw" my follow up LinkedIn message, and "seen" is basically equal to a positive reply. I haven't heard back about the job yet but I'm sure they'll be offering any day now.

That being said here are the books I recommend for social skills:
>How to Win Friends and Influence People by Carnegie
>Crucial Conversations by whoever
>The Power of Persuasion by Levine
>Influence by Cialdini
>watch every Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt movie but on mute, and pay attention to their body language
>watch Conor Mcgregor interviews and body language video breakdowns of him on YouTube

Slightly too unsubtle user, but I chuckled

This looks like the thing I'm looking for
stop being such a skinless little faggot

You're the little faggot who needs a book just to interact with other humans. Pathetic.

>You need a book just to interact with other humans
Let me quote myself cause you are obviously having a tough time in this thread
> I am simply looking for some tips to improve myself
> I am by no means awkward or a pushover, I would just like to step up my social interactions

this is a fun book though. And helpful for stress

>t. gets dominated in conversation

You'll always be a little bitch.