I have bought that book and i want to start with James Joyce. Is it a good start...

I have bought that book and i want to start with James Joyce. Is it a good start? I was thinking in Ulysses but everybody says it's 2deep4me.

What do Veeky Forums think?

It is a good intro to Joyce and eases you into the prose of Ulysses. You might have to power through the beginning where the prose is at its most confusing because it's presented in fragmented memories of childhood but it gets easier.

It’s a good start. Dubliners might be the best entry point into Joyce, but either works fine.

>That guy on the cover
Conan o'brien lookin nigga

>I just bought a book. Should I now read it?

I think you are going to hate it because you don't have enough context or experience to appreciate its literary devices and prose. I'm making a lot of assumptions but the fact you didn't just pick up Dubliners is a good indication, and the wordsworth cover, which might just be memey bait

I have Dubliners here but someone told that it's harder to "understand" than Portrait of the Artist. I have both, should i start with Dubliners?

I bought a stack of books, 3 from James Joyce, i just asked for help.

I have both (Portrait of the Artist and Dubliners) but someone told me that Dubliners is Harder to understand, that's why i'm asking here. I think i'll read Dubliners first. Thanks, user.

I think Dubliners is an easier read honestly.

It's his best work and good place to start

Thank you! I'll start with Dubliners then!

I plan to read that in this month after i finish Dubliners.

>best work
Lol pleb

>best work

Dubliners is easier, but it can be about as boring as the average life. Araby, Little Cloud and The Dead are spectacular though.
I like that picture to

If you're a lit newb there is no reason to start with Joyce

Not op

But where is a good place to start

read the fucking sticky you maggot

So what do you recommend? I have read Camus, Nietzsche, Paulo Coelho, Machado de Assis, Edgar Allan Poe and some shit/lit/ like ASOIAF, LOTR, Harry Potter. I'm pretty new into literature, i don't want to read shit like Tolkien or Sun Tzu, i want to get deep into literature.

whatever u want faggot

read Portrait first if you don't want to die of boredom, just my opinion

yes, i also really think dubliners is a lot more dull than portrait

This but unironically, if you like Nietzsche then Dostoe is fun, and at this stage you will get more out of it than Joyce.

>camus
>FUCKING coelho
>poe
>not shit/lit/
??
why don't you start with THIS starter kit?

wait i just realized this has crying of lot 49 and faulkner in it

OP here, i read The Great Gatsby but i didn't liked it. The same for Notes from Underground. It's not like i hate it, but i just find it boring. Am i retarded or it's too deep for me?

>Joyce is Irish just stick some ginger nigger on the cover

I find this offensive