I'm a retard that is easily impressed and I really like plot twists...

I'm a retard that is easily impressed and I really like plot twists... What are some good mystery books with awesome plot twists that will make me say "holy shit!"?

Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

I am Legend, I guess.

Read all 1400 pages of Sherlock Holmes

Oedipus the King

Of Mice and Men

holy mountain

The Metamorphosis, when it turns out it had all been a dream (not adding spoiler tags for such basic common knowledge).

Two short stories:
The Star by Arthur C Clark
The Last Question by Asimov

>I'm a retard that is easily impressed and I really like plot twists...

the lincoln rhyme series
the most amount of plot twists i ever saw :^)

also incredibly trashy, i barely tolerated his early books because i was in the mood to read trashy stuff but then i went to his books written after 11 september and the guy had gone reactive so i couldn't tolerate any more

The film of that was such a weird failure

>obviously build towards a satisfying twist that makes the title make sense and reallymakesyouthink.jpg
>doesn't do the twist

I liked Who killed Rodger Aykroyd 's twist better

You should learn Japanese. While golden age mystery fiction died out in the West, Japanese authors revived it and are creating new twists with self-awareness of the genre. Some examples of authors includes Soji Shimada and Ayatsuji Yukito, but only a small amount of books have been translated

Pale Fire.

William Golding, Pincher Martin

Sort of.

The twist is kinda obvious but the book might be really good anyway. Or it might be rebarbative and incoherent. Opinions vary.

The Wasp Factory has a "big surprise twist ending" but this does not save it from being worthless garbage.

These are the classic "twisty" short stories. They're a must-read.

>I'm a retard that is easily impressed
Pretending to be hard to impress is what pseuds do, therefore you think this is a quality of intelligent people now?
Uh uh.

I also like good plot twists.

Michael Connelly, Lost Light has a couple of very good ones. The title is not particularly 'sexy' but it's a terrific piece of genre fiction (a police procedural/thriller with some mystery elements).

Very intriguing. Some bright publisher should jump on that.