Apart from the Stranger. What else of his is good?

Apart from the Stranger. What else of his is good?

>Stranger
>good
¿

You need to do some reading of Greek literature first to get a firm background

he’ll need to intiate investigation with the literary, poetic and philosophical records of the ancient Aegean

A friend of mine said La Mort Heureuse is even better than The Stranger, but I don't believe him and I'm not that motivated to find out if it's true.

the plague

definitely not the stranger

Myth of Sisyphus

This legit? I'm a poorfag. There are only so many memes I can fall for.

If true, pls help with a particular Greek tome.

Thanks much.

The Fall is probably his best

To be fair, it must have been really out there in 1942 France.

You can still be a good person without having read the Greeks. However, reading the Greeks will make you smarter. Plato was based af, I'd start with him.

Use the library, they are sure to have the complete works of Plato and Homer, at the very least

Exile and the Kingdom is great.

No not really, it more so represents and express a tide of existential that swept the nation after the tragedy of ww1 made countless millions lose faith in church after being lied to to take part in a "great war for civilization" which saw many countries best men dead before they could even breed.

Found the muh feelings pleb shites, i doubt you even understand the work at all.

this

Agreed. The lawyer will always be there, waiting for you, at Mexico City.

I struggle to find any profound insight in existentialism

exile and the kingdom is the best by him.

Isn't that the point?

this

Im not interested in the greeks at all, mostly read germans and frenchs.

Underappreciated desu

ye

His footy skills

you need to have autism like mersault to understand

It's not all that profound an insight. The absurd nature of reality should be apparent to anyone paying enough attention, so it is much more interesting as a how did we get here and where do we go
That said, their ideas of subjective meaning and so on only read that way because they've really found their way into the zeitgeist in the past half century

Fuck a maybe, The Fall is his best

>mersault

(me)mersault

this

and his novellas are leaps and bounds ahead of his attempts at straight phil

>hard-mode: put philosophy and the borrowed Sartrean elements aside

Why is it so, well— absurd, odd, and just bad?

There are parts clearly meant for Mersault himself. I fail to discern how anything of value could be gleaned from said parts, Mersault himself has even spoken to that sentiment as well.

I enjoyed The Plague.

The Fall