"The gathering point of geniuses, besides the research universities, is in the prisons.” - someone

"The gathering point of geniuses, besides the research universities, is in the prisons.” - someone

is this true?

It's such a general statement that it's useless. Prisoners in the US tend to be ~90IQ.

It is probably pretty rare for an actual genius (i.e. someone both intelligent AND knowledgeable) to be in general pop, so I doubt it. Cushy "prisons" for notable people include plenty of "rogue intellects" for sure but then your statement loses its meaning.

>purposely get sent in prison for 6 months
>learn life skills from all the genius prisoners
>become super international criminal

True
t. Ted

From what I've heard, GP is usually filled with guys with high school diplomas/GED or working on it and the most common book read is the Bible. Depending on what prison you're at you might be able to take a literature class or have a book club. Don't fall for the romanticised version of prison in your head or think it'll be the best place ever to read books.

That's where the fitlit spreads. Gotta achieve those calisthenic gains brah

I see absolutely no reason to believe this besides the possibility that they are referring only to wall street criminals

Either way its a stupid fucking quote

maybe for supermax prisons that house deranged math professors, but i guarantee your average prison full of tyrones, juans, and cletuses is not going to be center of learning

Political prisoners, you dumbfucks

No. it may have been true back when they arrested people for no reason but not today. also if you want to be a smug cunt about it "if they are such geniuses how did they land themselves in jail?"

>implying political prisoners are geniuses
opposition is not always in the right. stalin was a political prisoner

>is this true?
No, research universities are full of people who couldn't be bothered to apply for a job after graduating, for whatever reason. That doesn't correlate with genius at all.

>opposition is not always in the right
nor is every genius right in every(or any) regard

you can't be a genius without being right in some regard

Probably true in states that suppressed political opposition and intelligentsia like Russia and France, but certainly not now. Perhaps the next Dostoyevsky is in a Chinese prison as we write here though.

haha of course you can user!

provide me with an example

name the beastest prisoners...
>Dostoyevsky
>de Sade
>Genet
>Wilde
>Gramsci

dont know but its definitely possible

Basement dwellers do not gather

Sometimes. Criminals with short sentences get to meet more experienced ones, learn some skills or do some networking if they've no intention of reforming.