The theme of Lolita is not the corruption of an innocent child by a cunning adult...

>The theme of Lolita is not the corruption of an innocent child by a cunning adult, but the exploitation of a weak adult by a corrupt child.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1MhXiUDVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is a spoiler tool for a reason

t. pedo

He is manipulative. Thats the whole point of the unreliable narrator thing.

Both are assholes. Lola is spoiled girl consumed by mass media cliches. And well, Humbert, he is obviously sick.

At last I truly see

Bait. But people don't get that Humbert portrays himself being seduced because it's a way to justify his actions. There are indications that Humbert is lying about all those parts

THat take is hot as shit my good dude.

Yeah truly funny the leaf gives the crypto pedo take on Lolita.

T. Dumbass

>He
she

>>said the pedophile as he was dragged to prison.

No HE.
He tells the story, he tries to justify himself, he tells you "allright I fucked a little girl BUT SHE WAS TOTALLY INTO THAT THO".
That was What you were supposed to catch up on.

Have you ever been around teens? They unironically try to seduce you *as a joke*.

>victim blaming

This is literally like a girl complaining she was seduced/induced/drunk and had "unwillingly consensual" sex; man up and don't waste your time playing mind games with teenagers.

But it isn't
I feel like that theme could be explored even more, disillusioned somewhat asexual male is so far removed from sex he sees it as some disgusting debasement, and is attracted to nymphet girls for what he believes their transient sexual innocence. The irony being eventually the girl grows into sexuality, and suddenly he's the one trying to supress it, while everyone around assumes he's the pervert. The ending is either she helps him mature into healthy notions of sexuality, or there's some tragic suicide

>>as a joke
Since they're too immature to understand exactly wtf they are doing You SHOULD assume that it is a joke and cockblock them mercilessy regardless of how serious they think they are. This is What well adjusted adults do in these situations.
Humbert Humbert is not a well adjusted adult and passes the whole book disingenously trying to justify his actions.
Disingenously Because he knows he did goof'd.

BASED Robertson Davies

redpilled leaf

>reddit posting

Imagine being this retarded

It boggles the mind doesn't it.

Libertarian detected

>Humbert, he is obviously sick.
>being attracted to girls in their biological prime as humans always did before relatively recent moral development is sick.

He lacked self regulation and a moral compass but he wasn't "sick"

I believe he specifies that the "ravages of pubescence" ruin the nymphet, which implies that he was attracted to them decidedly earlier than their biological prime

I think an aesthetic appreciation for the nymphet stage is not normal, but in the same way it is not normal for someone to appreciate architecture or poetry. If that sounds like a stretch forgive me because it is true.
And I was going to post a lovely little picture in company but Veeky Forums is being very odd today

Thread theme m.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1MhXiUDVg

>officer, I swear, kids do this all the time! They try to seduce and manipulate me! The voices in my head told me so!

>officer, I swear, kids do this all the time! They try to seduce and manipulate me! The voices in my head told me so!

The theme of Lolita is the persuasive power of language.

Go read the book. Nabokov's wife Véra lamented that Lolita “cries every night, and the critics are deaf to her sobs.”She was referencing a specific passage that all the hard-on evil-nymphet asshole critics (who have been around as long as the book) seem to miss; one of many.
"We had been everywhere. We had really seen nothing. And I catch myself thinking today that our long journey had only defiled with a sinuous trail of slime the lovely, trustful, dreamy, enormous country, that, by then, in retrospect, was no more than a collection of dog-eared maps, ruined tour books, old tires and her sobs in the night—every night, every night—the moment I feigned sleep."

The paradox of Lolita is that she craves cummies despite not having abandoned her childhood innocence yet.

He only says that the first time. Honestly i find it perfectly believable.
After that he starts lying about his intentions, and at that point it's blindingly obvious.

>not having abandoned her childhood innocence
she manipulates him for money

there are three kinds of men:
-the men who give free sex to women
-the men who give free money to women
-the men who listen to women about their sex life and daily life

Both Lolita and Humbert are into a sick love story. The thing is as Lolita realizes her love for Humbert was only a childish fling and that what was happening was not normal, she tries to separate from him without a real understanding of the kind of person Humbert truly was and the consequences. Mind you, the last time he sees Lolita she was still a minor and probably didn't know that all she did and was doing was her fault too.

>she craves cummies
did you even read the book?