Why do continental philosophers fail to make any advancements while analytics have given us so much?

Why do continental philosophers fail to make any advancements while analytics have given us so much?

>Advancing

Whenever continentals can't do or explain something they just try to wish it away with obfuscatory word games.
Made no advancements in over a century of thought? Advancement isn't real.
Cause people great harm with stupid psychoanalytics? The patients were wrong.
Can't reconcile their bullshit with science? Science is wrong, it isn't real.
And so on. Imagine being so pathetic that you have to chnage your game every time you are challenged, rather than facing a challenge and coming to a new conclusion based on evidence.

>choosing your """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""philosophic"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""school""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" based on a meme image posted on a Babysitters' Underground Orgy and Fuckfest Event Organization website
baka desu senpai

Not an argument.

>evidence

It's not real, sorry I mean The Real, unless it agrees with you, right?

Continental philosophy is just so boring. Learning about the philosophical implications of relativity theory on persistence through time just stimulates the playful aspect of my intellect in a way that reading about the dialectic of historical materialism and how we can be commies without starving everyone just can't compete with

tryin too hard

boohoo

Continentals managed to influence aspects outside of the philosophy per se. I wonder what the analytics managed to do outside of its own bubble.

The sad thing is that Continentals have had the greatest influence on broader society. It's basically all shit, but they speak it in the classrooms and young adults lap that shit up.

>what kind of impact did predicate calculus even have?
Imagine being this much of a brainlet.

>tfw 1 out of 10 members of your philosophy department in the UK and US is a token continental philosopher who is there just so that the department recognizes the existence of continental philosophy and he still gets more undergrad pussy than all the other 9 analytic members combined

The "I fuck more people than you" argument is the strongest possible philosophical argument.

Degeneracy and time wasting are not virtues.

Degeneracy doesn't real if you're an analyticuck

t. Low T analytic christcuck

You don't know what analytic philosophy is.
You can't waste time if you're a continental, because your time never had worth to begin with.

Define degeneracy rigorously

Sadly, pic related is far more accurate.

Not necessary, as it is not a statement of logic. But thanks for showing us how little you know about the analytic linguistics tradition.

How can you know what degeneracy is if you can't come to a definition of it logically?

You said to defin it rigorously, not logically. You should probably find out how definitions work before you try to shitpost.

Or I could not.
After all, I'm not wrong. You can't give a logical definition of degeneracy so it might as well not exist.

>accurate
Only according to your analytical bias buddy

Wew lads. I didn't know posting about "degeneracy" could get me so many (you)s, so quickly. I'm going to do this more often now.

>polymath knowledge

Name ONE contemporary philosopher with proven knowledge on science or math. You literally can't

Saul Kripke.
That's not how analytic philosophy works, brainlet.

science is actually for gays tho

So is saying "tho".

I don't recall saying I wasn't gay

Then go suck dick, faggot. Stop flaunting yourself around. Stupid wigger.

Gottem

Fucking bigot piece of shit.

Disgusting.

Analytic philosophy tries so hard to be scientific, but the actual sciences still progress a lot faster.
Philosophy will never be as advanced as actual science. Philosophy is for people that are too stupid and lazy to get into physics or chemistry or whatever.

Analytic philosophers forget that the core part of philosophy is to consider all possibilities not just the ones backed up by science. You prove why a philosophy may be incorrect in the exchange of words not by slamming down facts and assuming they matter in a argument about a hypothetical possibility or a different perspective or even about the logical faults of gods.

Analytical philosophy is good to speak to a scientist about philosophy because it puts in terms they can understand for science is a 2nd language for them but when it comes to speaking to other philosophers its a waste of time.

It's not like the foundation of all computing is analytic philosophy or anything.

That's not what analytic philosophy is. I swear you people have never even met a guy named philosophy department.

>Analytic philosophers forget that the core part of philosophy is to consider all possibilities not just the ones backed up by science.

but the guy that came up with it was not an analytic philosopher.

Gottlob Frege was indeed an analytic philosopher, brainlet.

how did frege come up with computing?

Predicate calculus, dumbo.

Resize.

He was also a mathematician.

Why? It perfectly represents these obfuscating discussions

You're so desperate to separate logic from philosophy.

All philosophy is shit and has no bearing on the world outside of the academy. If you have read philosophy, you have wasted your time

>progress in philosophy

Degeneracy: the change of a process towards a completely obsolete, futile or animalistic methodology - or even the complete eradication of the process.

It's called wisdom. Though I am almost certain that op doesn't have anything to measure it with, or for.

The relativist retreat of the continental begins.

Wrong.

What's the difference?

asdf

Is this distinction even relevant anymore?

In my humble opinion, the OP image is funny because it rings true, while the other image, despite obviously having more work put into it, is so ridiculous in its implications that it's impossible to take seriously. Implying that analytics are less educated that continentals when they currently dominate most academic philosophy, for instance, is just absurd.

I don't understand the difference. Are they two approaches to the same philosophical questions, or are they just concerned with different topics?

>Advancement isn't real

Thoughts and idle chatter doesn't mean advance. A society is built by stupid people, thus the Fascist penchant for the "uncultured". Esoteric and abstract knowledge isn't appliable, epistemology is a meme, for progress an idiot who toils is better than a genius who shirks societal responsibilities and instead sticks to his own research.

Continental philosophy relies on words to exemplify their own meanings, and that's misusing the tool of language itself to cause non-naturally occurring recursion.

When only analytic philosophy has produced a single set of working methods for a machine intelligence parallel to humans will continental motivations finally die out?

please don't use ecelebs for this, this is too far

>user you're the cutest illusion I like
>Living without intent is to forsake our gifts

This sounds like continental philosophy more so than analytic.

More, you've poisoned your mind with fictitious dribble if you use it for anything other than as mental exercise/clarity.

>Why do continental philosophers fail to make any advancements
They've found the eternal truth, it seems. Analytically speaking, any variation and change is advancement depending on the goal.

why the scatophobia?

Much continental thought is roughly right but cannot be proved with its own tools, and is only grounded through analytic work.

It's just that goals in/of nature are of a specific set and therefor only a band of variation/change is possible to be defined as advancement.

>begging the question

>implying kripke didn't prove the existence of a posteriori necessity
>implying gettier didn't prove that true justified belief isn't knowledge

>correct in every possible world

kek

At my university, the token continental philosopher is just a guy with abyss-level bags under his eyes who got chinked and now spends his days murmuring about Deleuze in seminars to disinterested 'students'.

Are there any philosophers that are both Continental and Analytic?

>prescribing to useless dichotomies in order to prove or refute a thought by simply classifying it, and not acknowledging the thought itself