Can we keep Veeky Forums text only? It’s help with pol and Peterson posting

Can we keep Veeky Forums text only? It’s help with pol and Peterson posting.

Also testing to see if phoneposting works now that images are back.

not a bad idea desu, the only issue is photos of pages
scrolling through the catalog though, there's almost no examples of useful images

Can we ban fiction
threads?
Much like the /beg/ thread in /ic/, /sFFg/ is basically a containment thread. A few years ago, whenever someone started Tolkien drivel we used to shut them down on the spot, now you see le post-ironic humor falseflag threads about the Harry Potter writer being a genius.

Can we ban fiction threads?
Much like the /beg/ thread in /ic/, /sFFg/ is basically a containment thread. A few years ago, whenever someone started Tolkien drivel we used to shut them down on the spot, now you see le post-ironic humor falseflag threads about the Harry Potter writer being a genius.

I think posts with images would be ok, it’s mostly replies where images add literary nothing.

I still can't post

How about killing yourself and banning sci fi and pleb threads. Peterson threads are based.

B-but muh book stacks threads

how about OP can kill himself and sci fi and pleb threads and Jordan Peterson threads are banned

> Peterson threads are based

I take this thread back, I hope image posting remains forever so I can keep posting this.

But I like images. It's one of the few ways I feel like I can contribute.

>I know of no other manner of dealing with great tasks, than as play: this, as a sign of greatness, is an essential prerequisite. The slightest constraint, a sombre mien, any hard accent in the voice—all these things are objections to a man, but how much more to his work

Who cares? Veeky Forums is dying, Veeky Forums is a lost cause.

Literature is over, ebook/podcasts are the only possible future. More likely, vidya and movies will continue to dominate.

It's all over. Anyone who still writes might as well give up.

But milkies are essential

Good.

> the Harry Potter writer
> pretending that you don't know her name

>Who cares? Veeky Forums is dying, Veeky Forums is a lost cause.

>Literature is over, ebook/podcasts are the only possible future. More likely, vidya and movies will continue to dominate.

>It's all over. Anyone who still writes might as well give up.

would be better with non fiction and philosophy

>make Veeky Forums text only
>ban philosopher threads (e.g. Peterson)
This would save Veeky Forums. Stack threads, reading guides, and excerpts could either be in text form or posted on imgur and pasted into a reply.

some obtuse, daft cunt

Good idea desu
Peterson threads really distract from the general purpose of the board and usually devolves into trolling and whawtever

Phoneposters should be banned. The quality of all the boards will go up immensely.

Start a thread on /qa/ asking for it and a bunch of us will post in it until we receive it.

Great idea. I think most of Veeky Forums wants this.

during the moot era there used to be parallel text-only boards including a lit, with almost no posts.
stop self-sabotaging

holy shit text only lit might get me to engage with the content again instead of just doing snarky drivebys while i take a coffee

sounds more like a you-problem

If it is reverses pic related then so be it

>Veeky Forums hates post-modernism and cultural marxism
>idolizes left-wing academic/post-modernist writers

But then where would I post my David Foster Wallace images? I only collected them because of lit.

>Veeky Forums claims to love renaissance
>literally denies itself rudimentary method of loci when navigating catalog and threads
it was taliban/puritan tier

Newfriends from /the_pol/ aren't Veeky Forums

This is an imageboard, if images are no longer part of it it'll just become a board.
Go find or create another website if you want to change it so badly. Seriously, images are part of this site's culture. This site is not meant to be productive conversations all day everyday, you're probably just wasting you're time away anyway. Thinking banning images will make the board better is just your delusion of finding a way to make this board new again and to justify spending more time on here.

You know there are text only boards here right?

That won't help for shit. Also, you should report new Peterson threads and redirect the fags to the current one. Not replying to shit threads instead of telling people to go back to le_donald just might help. God forbid, of course, the last option: making actual literature threads.