Emiliy Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau, Louisa Alcott, Edgar Allen Poe, Edith Wharton

>Emiliy Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau, Louisa Alcott, Edgar Allen Poe, Edith Wharton
Is there a more Veeky Forumserary state?

NY Melville and Whitman btfo

>forgets Emerson
>forgets Hawthorne
strong argument it once was, but certainly not now

N E W Y O R K

Fags.

Missouri has twain...

Nevada has twain bro

Missouri. I got gass and twain. beat that sucka gass died in st louis so that counts.

Gass is as bad as Twain is good so the two cancel eachother and Missouri is back to zero. Try again.

Depression

What

Kentucky has Robert Penn Warren and Hunter S. Thompson, that's a pretty big breadth in just two writers.

Arguably Thomas Merton and Guy Davenport. Clearly Abe Lincoln and Wendell Berry..
Kentucky?

New Jersey has Phillip Roth and Junot Diaz.
Are other states even trying?

Minnesota has F. Scott Fitzgerald, Sinclair Lewis, and Bob Dylan

It also has William Carlos Williams

>implying

I figured he was more Veeky Forums than the Coen brothers

rhode island has lovecraft and cormac mccarthy

WHO DOES ILLINOIS HAVE

i just realized illinois has hemingway

all ur states are shit

guess who
all other states BTFO

too late bitch life comes at u fast

Dwarf Fortress summed up in one picture.

T.S. Eliot was from St. Louis
>Eliot credited his hometown with fuelling his literary vision: "It is self-evident that St. Louis affected me more deeply than any other environment has ever done. I feel that there is something in having passed one's childhood beside thebig river, which is incommunicable to those people who have not. I consider myself fortunate to have been born here, rather than in Boston, or New York, or London."

Also has Carl Sandberg who if nothing else did win three or so Pulitzers.

Hemmingway
Sandburg
Wright
Bellow
several great journalists who worked for the Tribune
Kanye and Chance

It must be Virginia
>Thomas Jefferson
>Tom Wolfe
>James Branch Cabell
>Edgar Allan Poe (OURS. He spent the entirety of his childhood and young adult life here, was educated by our institutions, married thirteen year-olds here, and owes his identity as a Southern gentleman to this state)
>William Styron
>Rob Lowe (not a writer but a very charming actor)
>Ludacris
>I think Richard Spencer lives in nova

junot diaz iss soooooo bad bruh

I always thought Poe spent most of his artistic life in Baltimore
California has Twain bro

Twain grew up and lived in missouri, all his stories are set in missouri, he's ours.

He came up with his own name while working a Nevada newspaper living in Virginia city and the capitol I'd Nevada. Sure maybe other places have samuel clemens but nevada is where "mark twain" was born. BOOM

This is undoubtedly true.

Accept for the few books that aren't based in Missouri at all and are in fact based in Nevada.

All his good books are set in missouri.

Twain would not allow his identity to be confined to any state. He lived his latter life in England because he grew sick of America in general.

His best book is set in medieval England

This is agreeable though, as marktwain erote travel novels.

Um no sweatie

>map made in MS Paint
>current year
How did this survive?

Also, Dos Passos wrote most of U.S.A. in Richmond.

i know ya'll didn't forget about suess

>Tolstoy
>Dostoevsky
>Pushkin

Moscow Oblast and it's not even close

sufjan stevens

the uk

Its not a state yet

He's a racist and a sexist, though.

Is there a more unaesthetic set of borders?

Not to mention Ed McClanahan, Cleanth Brooks, and Bobbie Anne Mason

Heck, from Allen Tate to bell hooks Kentucky comprehends the socio-political literary spectrum and is now (no doubt surprisingly) the most Veeky Forums state in the Union by far.

I always thought Tennessee looked kinda stupid thanks to how long it is. Kentucky is an amorphous blob. And Florida is balls out retarded but it's geographys fault

>dick out retarded.
Ftfy