"I built a shack in the woods, now let me spend 150 pages telling you how much better I am than you"

"I built a shack in the woods, now let me spend 150 pages telling you how much better I am than you"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7985zBEM3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you're just mad that he really is better than you.

Wrong, but even if that were the case it would be justified. He was a better man than most.

I'm not OP but what's so great about him

He's not you.

1shack

I'm probably closer to him than anyone on this board.

nuh uh, i'm closer.

wrong. it's me. i'm the modern day Thoreau

The only way you resemble him is in your heinous facial hair.

You fucking children. Thoreau had a vision for life. One that prevented him from doing things like sitting around on a message board arguing over who is a better great man LARPer.

>these people don't even go /out/

Lel. Get on my level, fags.

i didn't think this post would be so furtive. i must truly be just like him.

Well, the shack was a pretty good shack, as far as I can tell.

Somebody else built an almost identical shack in the woods and he seems to have felt himself entitled to be a complete cunt to people..

I sometimes suspect that people don't read these books, just pretend like they did.

Walden was simply a criticism of 1850s American New England culture. That's it.
There are some good chapters, like the Ants who do battle when he compares them to the Greek Wars, and the silly loon that follows him along the lake, but other than that, it's just a commentary and critic of America. Which is why it's featured along side Civil Disobedience.

He is not John Muir, if that is what you were expecting.

look, i'm not even invested in Thoreau or this thread at all, but your outburst is hilarious, and it's only hilarious if i believe it unironically comes from an angry kid calling out his fellow kids for being fucking kids over Thoreau memes, which i will now believe

great post friendo, made me giggle.

>he didn't build a CONE

is that about that Bernhard novel?

Samefag

>Getting enjoyment from "I know you are, but what am I: the Post"

You really are children. Stop being easily impressed.

it's clear from this thread that i am the most like him.

1 dude, 1 shack, and 1 platypus

(OP)
Thoreau was a fag

get on my level fucking plebs

Well how many shacks have you built, smart guy?

> OP doesn't understand the significance of shacks with regards to intelligent and eloquent writing of liturature.

>Thoreau had a vision for life. One that prevented him from doing things like sitting around on a message board arguing over who is a better great man LARPer.
he wrote an entire book about it instead, while his mum did his washing

>he doesn't build random shit in a rainforest with his bare hands in his free time
youtube.com/watch?v=_7985zBEM3o

>he didn't build a pc by hand from ore in the desert to shitpost on Veeky Forums

There was something sublime about this. Thank you.

Who the fuck else was doing what he was doing? Pretty poetic and a nice account of simple living in beautiful Markwahlbergchusetts.

You fucking dolt.

What's the opinion on unitarianism ITT?

fake and gay

in all seriousness, how many people itt would be willing to live a life like he did? could any of you build a shack?

>I built a shack in my friend's backyard that was a 20-minute walk from my mother's house
FTFY.

>The Virgin Romantic
>The Chad Transcendentalist

You mere pretenders are like children in the headlights. Step aside and affor the true successor his long overdue sunlight

just read Emerson instead, Thoreau was a little bitch

>150 pages telling you how much better I am than you
Well one has to be thorough in his explanation.

Yeah this. I was reading review comments and half of them were poos claiming theres no way ghandi was inspired by the book. If you read the damn book he says its an experiment after shit talking all the local farmers and their furniture. The life advice is just sugar. The book is him proving theres a minimum standard of life and you can measure a pond when its frozen. Dont read too much into it. It was a fun read though

Emerson is a pleb filter of the highest order - wholeheartedly agreeing with him shows that you don't understand him at all.

what is the difference between thoreau and walden emerson?