What books should men read to gain understanding of the female experience and better relate to women?

What books should men read to gain understanding of the female experience and better relate to women?

Other urls found in this thread:

adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

adult coloring books
harry potter
hunger games
basically any shitty YA fiction
milk and honey

sigh

the female brain by louann brizendine, m.d., it's sassy, witty, reassuring and great fun

/thread

pic related

sigh at your life golem

The Bible

Woman's True Desire: Daniele Starenkyj

Good luck finding a copy for a reasonble price.

>adult coloring books
KEK

Chaucer:
Canterbury Tales, Wife Of Bath's prologue and tale

Shakespeare:
Antony and Cleopatra
Taming of the Shrew
[plus all the other female characters he wrote]

Jane Austen:
Emma
Pride and Prejudice
Mansfield Park

Charlotte Bronte:
Jane Eyre

Emily Bronte
Wuthering Heights

Flaubert:
Madame Bovary

Thackeray
Vanity Fair

George Eliot
Middlemarch

Lots of compelling feminine psychology in Dostoevsky (e.g. Katerina and Grushenka in Brothers Karamazov) and Tolstoy (Anna Karenina)

Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton give you a pretty good window into femininity gone psychotic

Fpbp

Romance novels - their fantasies, want they want out of a romantic encounter.

Chick lit (those books women read that aren't romance novels, stuff like Sophie LIane Moriarty) - what women thing about interpersonal dynamics

Valarie Solanas - what radical feminists think about men

Otto Weininger - a philosophical doctrine of sex and character mainly centered around morality, the difference between a criminal and a genius (these are what Weininger holds to be the two extremes of failure and success for men) and between a prostitute and a mother (the corresponding dichotomy for women). The tone of his book is wildly misogynistic but it hits on some valid individual points here and there.

Nietzsche - misc observations on sex differences are scattered throughout his books, there is no real unifying theme, but in general I'd say he mentions 'formidable' qualities in women more often than men usually do when discussing the matter.

50 shades of gray

Can you give us a quick rundown on all of that?
I want to know if my bias is at all confirmed or grounded by these works. Not that I wont read if they are, I still will get to reading them eventually

aren't *

> wanna know about women
> ok, just read Nietzsche

funniest post in the world

The Second Sex

>Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton give you a pretty good window into femininity gone psychotic
Haha, so basically normal feminininty? I'm being sexist on the internet, please give me attention. Just hold me ;_;

pissing in a sea of piss

Lacan

>female brain
>rainbows and butterflies and fairy shit
how in the world is anyone going to listen to feminists hypocritically calling others sexist, when they define themselves by these stereotypes?

> mfw Veeky Forums poster doesn't understand irony

wherein is the ironer?

What are you, 60? Get out of this place old man

Virginia Woolf

Spend time with women.
Femininity really clicked for me when I was wandering around parties on large amounts of psychedelics and some kind hippie women took me in and started giving me nitrous massaging me and giving me dreadlocks. So love and little time to think and now I'm basically an anarcho fem.

Yeah and while you're at it, let tyrone fuck you in the ass.
Fucking degenerate

thats sweet user

virgin

>little time to think
that would do it, yeah

Madame Bovary

what the fuck am I reading

See I get on here periodically and wonder why anons are always giving people shit..... And then you post this and I understand. I understand they usually deserve it.

I haven't read it yet but Marie Louise Von Franz's "The Feminine in Fairytales" is probably as helpful as Iron John was for understanding manhood

I can smell your room. You should clean it up.

Anais Nin is good for sexuality, A Room of One's Own, The Brontes, Austen, Middlemarch, Sylvia Plath.
To be honest though, it really depends. We're not a monolith, we're all different. To understand the way I think you'd have to read things like Heart of Darkness because I relate to Marlow far more than Elizabeth Bennett. But to relate to your average SJW you'd have to read Clementine Ford, or any other SJW memoir. For some kinds of girls, Harry Potter and YA, for others shitty chick magazines.

Without a doubt The Second Sex. How can anything be more informative about the female experience than the masterpiece of phenomenological feminism?

tits or gtfoq

You asked for recommendations. Besides, this is a blue board.

add Chicken Soup for the what the fuck ever

Whats up with the hate?
I know "drug culture changed my life" is an awful meme. That's not what I'm claiming. Just that the act of interacting with women who you do not see as women, but as friends, and taking it to the point where gender memes breakdown, is what takes you to that primal state of human connection where real understanding comes from. You need to experience femininity unadulterated, then it just clicks.
I'm not saying you need to do what I did to get there. I'm sure it can be intellectualized, and obtained through mundane experience. I have an interesting idea that I would like to check out about the drugs however. You know about imprinting right? And what psychedelics do to your brain, connecting them nuerons and what not. I could almost assume that this has something to do with my experience. As well as much more incredible experiences with ideas and psychs that I and many other people have had. Which I will not go into, but it reaches into the phenomenology and semiotics that produce mystical and similar experiences.

brainlet

this is accurate adult coloring books is not a joke

If you take off the hunger games, this is the perfect description of my gf
Why did I date a basic bitch, Veeky Forums?
How do I fix her? She unironically thinks that Milk and Honey is the best poetry ever written.

every time i did acid it just felt good for like an hour then real wierd for lik 10 hours brain expansion is a meme

roasties

please end yourself you fucking cuck

kill her, rape the body then burn the body, snort the ashes and dance hard techno there is saving her or yourself

women are simple.
They do not work on logic like men.
They work on emotions.
They do what their body tells them.

Never tell a woman you love her. Show her

adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php

Not books, but something that is enough for understanding the corners of the female cephalic void. (The notion that human females have a brain in insulting to every intelligent species in the universe).

People will attack you for what you have said

But if reading what women buy in bookstores is what men should read to gain understanding of the female experience, then you are absolutely correct. These are the books, except you are missing a few

-The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
-Several small "feminist" books such as, We Should All Be Feminists
-The Neapolitan Novel
-Every single book that is recommended by NPR

Honestly reading Harry Potter just once has helped get a few conversations with women going.

Great movie