Thoughts on this classic piece of literature, Veeky Forums?

thoughts on this classic piece of literature, Veeky Forums?

It inspired millions of paedophiles to act on their urges. The book should be banned.

>2 volumes
for what purpose

The first one is to make normies mad, the second to piss of the pedos. The only people who like lolita are a strange-breed of self-hating pedophiles

my #1 favorite book of all time.

Not sure if bait or very very never read it.
It's not erotic literature and it's pretty clear by the end that the pedophile narrator is a reprehensible piece of shit.

nice

It's easy to jerk off to.
The prose, I mean.

Actually most women really like Lolita. It's like the Audrey Hepburn of literature for college females.

how do i read this without scaring the people around me into thinking i'm a filthy pedo-to-be?

>It’s like the Audrey Hepburn of literature for college females
the fuck does this mean

You have nothing to worry about, millions of people have read Lolita

Most college aged females are obssessed with Audrey Hepburn and her Breakfast at Tiffany's persona, despite none of them ever having read the book nor knowing it was a book. Where do you think the "little black dress" saying comes from? "Every girl should have a little black dress!" Watch Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's and you will see. Once that movie came out everyone who was anyone had to have a "little black dress" like Audrey Hepburn. College females idolize her and her performance in that role. Millions of college aged females have pic related as a poster in their room or something similar.

this is such a weird post

I'm pretty sure most pedos hate themselves. I think most people who have some sort of negative compulsion tend to hate themselves for it. Drug addicts, murderers, etc.

Well it's true. Just ask your Mom about her little black dress phase.

my mom was an orphan from a war torn country

how many girls do you really know?

Currently 0. But in the past most girls I've known have either loved Lolita or had a Breakfast at Tiffany's poster. Just the other week someone posted a screengrab of a female booktuber. Guess what was on her wall...A BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S POSTER OF HEPBURN IN HER LITTLE BLACK DRESS

LOok mate I know how this looks, but it's true. Trust me, I've done my research.

I trust you user.
I've seen the evidence myself.

This is true

>It's not erotic literature

It speaks of areolas my friend.

So does American pastoral. It specifically describes prepubescent nipples on a girl as "hard bee stings" yet it's not erotica nor a book about pedophilia.

Did daddy molest you as a child?

There's a reason they used to kill pedophiles on the spot

Can't tell who's memeing or not. Is the book actually the author writing his degenerate urges or is it actually a great story?

Nice self portrait

That's not a productive answer.

apart from this one, what are books that tell someone is a pedo

The Bible

yes it's true
so you don't know about american college culture but have such a need for validation you make a (you) post.

It's neither. It's a mediocre story only notable because it features a pedophile narrator whom is poorly written because the author himself isn't a pedophile. The book barely dips its toes in the erotic side of things and is mostly just a boring look into what some russian thinks pedophiles are like

It doesn't matter you brainlet.

>trust me guys I'm a pedo
>this book misrepresented me

shut up before i take you to the fridge, you stupid amerifuck

It's regularly described as one of the greatest novels of the 20th century. Make of that what you will.

you forgot masturbators

Wow. I know one of these people.
Also, she's a repugnant harpy.

You haven't even read the book you fuck. In the preface, Nabokov says something along the lines of, "this book is largely the result of my romance with the English language"; the story line is secondary to the quality of characterization and prose.

This post is surprisingly accurate, albeit a bit general. Not all women are like this, but there's definitely a group that are. I knew people like that at uni but they were gay men. Pretty cool dudes but they fucking loved that movie and her in it. Never seen it myself, kinda want to, but Mickey Rooney's yellowface really puts me off. Might just read the book.

It's OK. Doesn't deserve all the praise it gets but let's not go overboard and call it shit or anything. Readable.

>only those who have been molested can be against pedophilia
wew lad

Hard agree

I received my copy of Lolita as a gift from a girl describing it as one of the best books ever written

was she a loli?