Gonna be dumping the poetry of Veeky Forums-favorite John Williams. This is all from “The Broken Landscape”...

Gonna be dumping the poetry of Veeky Forums-favorite John Williams. This is all from “The Broken Landscape”. Also I just finished Butcher’s Crossing so general discussion about his work I guess.

Fucking phone posting sucks

Where'd you get a hold of this, OP?

Uni Library. Sorry it’s sideways

Rotate the pictures please

Okay this is fucking stupid. I’ll contunue from a computer later so they aren’t all sideways

Pls post the whole thing, OP. P-please.

Okay back from the dead. Let's start from the top and keep everything vertical

Should say this was "Bookplate" on Page 1, one of my favorites

"Weapon" Page 2

"The Land" Page 3

"The Harbinger of Sunstroke" Page 4 (first half)

This is really nice.

"The Harbinger of Sunstroke" Page 4 (second half)
Thanks user, gonna work on making them smaller

"Statement" Page 6

Journey Page 7

Holy cow, who is thos guy?

He writes like me.

Does this mean Im good?

Key West Page 8 (first half)
John E. Williams, the dude who wrote Stoner. You might be a good writer, some of these poems are good and some not, I think. I was mainly interested in his development as an artist and wanted to share.

Goddamnit

Key West Page 9 (second half)

Drouth Page 10

Love Poem Page 11

The Pocketing Season. Page 12

The Lovers. Page 13

Song. Page 14

Ode. Page 15

The Fishes. Page 16 (first half)

The Fishes. Page 17 (second half)

Lines. Page 18

An Airman, Falling, Addresses His Sweetheart. Page 19 (first half)

An Airman, Falling, Addresses His Sweetheart. Page 20 (second half)

The Burning Glass. Page 21. This is another personal favorite

The Wall. Page 22 (first half)

Bleh he follows a boring recipe for his 'poems' none are truely 'unique' he copies that same pattern of prose, 'ideas', and color.

Nvm Im better.

post your poems buddy

The Wall. Page 23 (second half)

Five Epigrams. Page 24 (first half). I is my last top pick of all the poems.

Five Epigrams. Page 25 (second half)

Yeah, there's a reason he's remembered primarily as a novelist

Okay anons, that's it. Hope you enjoyed or got something out of it. I'd love to talk about Stoner, Butcher's Crossing, or The Broken Landscape with any of you.

Just spit ballin on this one;

I ponder, what is this beauty, if we can't grasp it, and molest it paper?

I wonder, how do I know If I've seen it, when I others can never see what I mean?

My mind, is my sodomy, it is a mine, like a frontal lobotomy.

What are you?
I, muse, my God?
Three is this your only Key? What are you trying to tell me?

Have you touched me so, do others also feel this glow?

To the one, with no window, I stow these thoughts

OP, if I ever see you, I'm going to give you a blowjob.

Is this good poetry? I'm too much of a brainlet and have read too little poetry to tell. I kind of like some of them, like the airman one and Journey and Epigraph II and the one with the fishes. I don't think I fully get them though, and others I don't get at all. They feel too much like puzzles and my mind tires when having to decipher almost every other word, almost every sentence. I don't know if this is what quality poetry is supposed to do and I'm just too dumb or lazy to work my way through, but aren't some of the enjambments a bit gratuitous, some of the rhymes forced, and just too much obfuscation in general?
On the bright side there is something of his prose to his verse when it is sparse, clear, deep and distilled, yet not too dry or blunt, is it?
Oh, and even I can tell neither of these is any worse than this

>Let's start from the top and keep everything vertical
wp

OP, is this the entire volume or just your picks? Either way, very kind of you. It doesn't exist as an ebook as far as I know.

How does one appreciate poetry, Veeky Forumsbros? I want to see what others find so appealing about it, but it all seems like pretentious word salad to me.

Sometimes I feel like this too, like I said in my previous post. But sometimes I see more inside. Or maybe it's just in my head. But i get something out of it nevertheless. Maybe that's the point.

I posted all the poems from the book in the correct order. I lied about the page numbers, Bookplate is actually on page 11. I figured there wasn’t much of interest besides the poetry. There’s one page that says some poems have been published before in various collections, and the one thing I thought might be of interest is that the book is dedicated “For Lonnie”.