>2018
>people still think nihilism is smart
>"muh meaninglessness"
Really?

Great argument user, you are a beacon for intellectual prosperity in the coming decades.

>defending nihilism

From your point of view, it doesn't matter what I contribute, or what you contribute because it will all be worthless at some point... so what were you saying again?

dumb frogposter

Compelling argument.

Its not meant to be smart its meant to be correct

Hes not defending nihilism shitbird, he's ragging on your awful thread.

If nothing matters, why does it matter how hard I argue

It's in your interest to produce a strong argument so that you may convince me, and others, that nihilism is flawed.

It's such an archaic way of thinking, I can't believe people haven't changed a bit in thousands of years...

To assume that everything means nothing, is to assume that you understand how the world works, and it is to assume that you know that it means nothing based on other assumptions that may as well be false. Have you ever considered that you could simply be wrong? Why do you need evidence if you can't even provide any for yourself?

"Everything is meaningless in the end" is the most non-abstract, basic level of thinking possible. You aren't even using the brain that was given to you to how about "think" for once? Imagine someone who's 2D saying that because they live in a 2D world, that there is no possible way they live in a 3D world. The problem is that they don't realize that they just can't see the 3D world.

It doesn't. Can you go take your existential crisis somewhere else, maybe reddit

>2018
>people still dont realize Hegel disproved Christianity despite being a Lutheran

sigh

>IT IS OLD SO IT IS BAD
an equally compelling argument you have there.

>you have to know what a big pile of shit was originally made out of to know it smells bad

I would recommend studying existentialism, since I don’t think you understand it very well. Existentialism is a philosophy that demands a person choose a lens through which he or she will (attempt to) make sense of a universe that seems senseless and indifferent. Understood properly, it is not a depressing, nihilistic, or hopeless philosophy.

not Veeky Forums

>people still dont realize Hegel exonerated and proved Christianity through obfuscated Lutheran mysticism and hermeneutics

we know you aren't

here's your (you), now fuck off

not very Veeky Forums of you user, learn some manners before I break your tiny little arms

>nihilism hasn't developed over hundreds of years
>magical beliefs haven't developed over hundreds of years
>I'm going to believe in the magical beliefs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE § 10 - 11 of PoS

stop being non-discursive and intuitive!

Nihilism is a pretty modern convention. Even the greeks didn't really ever go full nihilist

How old is the old testament? Don't you remember this?

t. Brainlet. The point was that the ultimate meaning was the glorification of God and all else is vanity and that's not even something I personally allign myself with

It's not smart because death isn't smart. It doesn't require complex reasoning or intricate justifications predicated on higher knowledge to understand--it just is. Attempts to disprove death and deny reality require smarts. You need mental acuity and a remarkable imagination to convince yourself that there's value and purpose in your suffering. You need intelligence to cope with your meaninglessness and ephemeral existence. But anybody can understand nihilism, just like anybody can recognize the sky is blue.

Those who did probably just killed themselves and left no writing

The glorification of God part was a very small portion, and how do you know it wasn't edited in there by someone else? It's very strange in the context.
Also:
>"allign"
It's spelled "align."
>Calling others brainlets.
>"Spelling doesn't matter."
It's Veeky Forums.

>and that's not even something I personally allign myself with

But its true

You forgot to put t. Christian at the end of your post. Anyway, you be saying that it is only those who are intelligent (or imaginative?) enough that are religious, or assign some value to their existence?

>I've never heard of a typo before

okay

>"I've never heard of proofreading before"
>"I carelessly judge others, but not myself"

Okay.

I'm not saying that only intelligent people assign value to their existence. Many people never question the beliefs that keep them motivated and engaged with life, maybe because they know what might happen if they do, maybe because they're unintelligent, maybe they just have a tendency in their personality to follow social trends and it says nothing about their intellect at all. But I think for somebody to sincerely consider and account for nihilism in their existential beliefs and then affirm an alternate view in the face of that, that does require some imagination and reasoning and yes, intelligence.

I'm not a Christian, I just respect spiritual institutions, cultures, and arguments. But many people would probably describe me as a nihilist myself

what is some books to fight my nihilist memes?