Give me your dankest ideas on what the fuck we as humans are doing here on earth and what our goal is supposed to be...

give me your dankest ideas on what the fuck we as humans are doing here on earth and what our goal is supposed to be, given the vast universe that stretches into eternity

the crazier the better

since humans are so weak, depended on a perfect atmosphere, susceptible to radiation, have short life spans, I think our goal for the next three centuries should be to create intelligent robots that are able to travel to other solar systems and colonize the galaxy.

What would be the point if we don't go with them

There is no goal. Humans, and all life, are simply the easiest ways which were accidentally found to increase local entropy.

On other planets, it's volcanoes or storms.

the point is they'll perpetuate our legacy and history, humans will just die off eventually.

We breathe so other don't have to.

do any of you faggots ever wonder how in gods name has there never in modern human history be a threatening asteroid that could wipe us out

the amount of asteroids that come into our solar system and get gravitated around sun and yet somehow with thousands of them, we haven't really been in any real danger

the more I think about this, the more I believe there has been some smarter civilization that came on Earth and spread population and are now observing us for their entertainment and experiment, while keeping us safe from any real outside dangers

The earth occupies one one trillionth of a percent of the volume occupied by a sphere defined by the earths orbit around the sun. It's just very improbable for an asteroid to hit us.

Part of the year earth rides a gravitation ridge between Sol and Jupiter.

That's interesting, I did not know that. Even so, the chances of getting hit by a devastating asteroid are astronomically (heh) small.

What is the purpose of humanity? Obviously we are the disease that ends this cycle of evolution. Like a forest fire, our job is to wipe out the current ecosystems and then ourselves so the earth can restart again with mostly-new critters. Look at the speed and efficiency with which we've dedicated ourselves to destruction, and be proud of your environmental footprint!

What's the point of any creature creating another?

Who knows really, it's just something ingrained in us.

A comet hit the earth 12,800 years ago in North America, causing global flooding and destruction of many ancient civilizations. There is a reason the oldest legends in most cultures around the world describe a cataclysmic flood. Human history is not linear we, as a species, rise and fall throughout time. Though it seems our iteration has made the most progress of any in the past.

Yet humanity has a minuscule fraction of the destructive capabilities that a comet or asteroid impact has. Our influence may as well be zero when compared to a sun or a black hole. It is very egocentric to believe that you, a group of humans, have any sort of force big enough to even fill out an ant's footprint on our environment.

We are an invention farm. Organic robots designed to think independently, evolve, and encounter moments of unregulated and random inspiration in order to invent new technologies or solve unsolvable problems which are undiscoverable as of yet by our creators. Like one thousand monkeys on one thousand typewriters, but galaxies instead of typewriters.

Don't be fooled by the "gotta perpetuate the species" meme. You exist to shuffle data around. You can do that by farting in a bathtub.

>a sun or black hole is going to leave an environment behind

>Our influence may as well be zero when compared to a sun or a black hole.
Where did I refer to environment with black holes and suns? I was talking about their destructive capabilities. Learn to read.

>tell me what I should do with myself
No.

there exists a physical realm and a divine realm. the physical one is the one you see, while the divine realm is invisible. the divine realm constitutes the location of invisible forces that have observable effects in the physical realm. everything that happens in the physical is a shadow of that which occurs in the divine. humans can achieve immortality by establishing a self in that divine realm, either by pure action or through asceticism (inb4 evola). order is the physical incarnation of divinity, so the creation of order is a divine act.
the purpose of humanity is to conquer the universe and eventually the multiverse and create as much order as possible so that we can create a perfect reality in which the physical and divine realm is united.

Transcending the "physical" realm. We are evolving, not only physically, but spiritually, as a consequence of higher vibrations in the brain. We will become Demi-gods, angels, gods, until being withdrawn back into The All

so won't the robots....

ffs just got to /b/

The question isn't "are we the most destructive force in the galaxy" it's "have we developed the means to seriously fuck up life on most of the planet" and the answer is yes. Look at extinction rates. We've already killed off 90% of the big fish and critters in the oceans, and a nuclear war would do horrific damage to crops and everything up the food chain. We could leave little behind but cockroaches if we really put our minds to it. I believe in humanity!

To cum over every last inch of space before it ultimately collapses

only humanity exists, the "vast universe" might as well be background static.

I like this one, sci-Fi but it has character

People are supposed to do the right thing.

The completion of life. All kindness, all virtue.

We'll need genetic technology to achieve it of course.

i think that any species that evolves enough eventually becomes a human or close enough to a human there is barely any distinction
considering the amount of planets that are capable of creating life or that will ever be able to create life i think the goal of the universe is to create humans, we are natures greatest achievements as far as we know

Let's do it. Born to die, world is a fuck.

that's so fucking delusional that you believe that that it makes me wonder if you're truly worried about the opposite. Does anyone else ever get this sense, that people who hold humanity as some sort of exemplary example of Nature's achievements are like narcissists with their fragile egos?

I can understand why it's healthy to believe all sorts of delusional shit as everyone needs to brainwash themselves a bit each day with something. But I don't think I'd limit my speculations of other possible achievements by nature.

The big bang, or any sort of origin of our universe alone, could be seen as a perfection that has been destroyed, with humans being a continuation of that destruction. Taking this view, that we spread throughout the solar system for our own purposes doesn't say much about our species?

Unless we create universes like the one we are in, than we remain nothing in comparison to what Nature has achieved in the universe itself.

sounds gay

You gave me a comfy feel, user.
Have a (You)

why do you hate Christianity so much user?

The universe is beautiful but also vain as fuck, so we came to be in order for there to be something that appreciates that beauty.

>given the vast universe that stretches into eternity
The universe isn't vast. The scale gives you an illusion of infinite variety, but in reality it's just a senseless copy-paste procedurally generated desert. (Like Daggerfall or No Man's Sky.)

Listen user. This is real shit.
>If you want to know the endgame of history, you need to look at why history happens and extrapolate from that.
>History happens becuase we do things. We do things becuase of psychological/biological needs. All our actions are aimed at fulfilling some kind of need.
>The end point in human history will be when we find a way to fulfill all our needs.
>This will be done by the use of our intelligence. The majority of animals are limited, but we have immense abstract and reasoning abilites.
>All theese reasoning and abstractions ultimately serve all our needs.
>By the use of transhumanism we will be able to transcend nature and create three possible types of super scientific futures:
>1: Nirvana. We destroy all our needs and turn into budhists.
>2: Hedonistic multiversal pleasure paradise: We turn the universe into a massive computer running a simulation to satisfy all our needs, and create new ones. All our resources will be put on creating more pleasure and trying to colonize other types of existence.
>3: THE WILL TO POWER: We embrace struggle and aim att ruling all of existence as our ultimate goal.

You might not like it, but that's what peak humanity will look like. That's what everything is leading up to.

Achieve CHIM

I think everyone should strive to do what they believe is 'right' - whether it's to work hard and contribute to their society, or blow up filthy infidels.
Of course, there will be conflicts between people who have different ideas of what is 'right', but what is important is that we always think about what is 'right', and stand by our ideals with sound judgement.

Reminder that this is a true-false matter of either wanting to leave a legacy, or not wanting to leave a legacy. Propagating our technological seed results in existing (us through them) for nearly the whole duration of this universe, assuming it has a 'duration'. Anything else will be washed away in mere millions of years, no remnants whatsoever, not even a slight indication of remnants. Our technological seed will continue growing for quadrillions, doing inconceivable things.

To advance in all fields of our lives - be it in our surrounding technology, interpersonal understanding, our very selves, and to continue innovating, going forward, reaching higher planes of existence until we reach God AND THEN GO BEYOND

Earth will be uninhabitable by multicellular organisms in 150-250million years. In 300-350 it will be uninhabitable by all except limited kinds of microorganisms (who will not be able to go beyond, due to the environment). All of this due to the sun's increasing luminosity, long before it actually dies.

This, all you people saying we are just making way for a perfect immortal version of humanity, it's not going to happen, everything will perish.

>you will die of thirst in 24 hours (oh unless you drink some water then youre good)
>you will die from the heat and cold in the desert (oh unless you build shelter then no problem)
>everything in earth will die in 200 million years (oh unless of course you find a way to deal with it)

produce souls to fight in gods army against universal evil and entropy

We could calculate the probability of being hit by an asteroid in a 5000 year period given a distributional assumption on incoming meteors quite easily, would take a computer not too long. I imagine the expectation is something like 1 asteroid hit per hundred million years or so

I used to think that all people were trying to do the best they can, or just be good. I'm slowly losing this belief, and it hurts

literature

If you put yourself in the shoes of a being advanced enough to create, cultivate, or influence the dominant species of a planet possibly billions of lightyears from its origin the answer is pretty clear.

God, or galactic government, it'd be pretty lonely and boring all by yourself, so you'd naturally make some companions, or at least an art project.

So I'd say humans are either god-friends in the making, or ants in a terrarium, being looked after.

And if it is always a Faustian deal? What do you think we can do to control the destruction of the universe itself? How about just accepting that you're individual hope is not enough, that human's are not special nor infinitely capable of controlling the universe. And each time we deal with these great problems, we'll give up a piece of our humanity until there is nothing left to be anyway. Just symbols orbiting a black hole.

>every single thing we know about humans is that we are special and unique
>the world is flooded with faggots obsessed with the idea that we are less significant than a pile of shit

is it just because youre edgy or what? you know who else tends to be obsessed with the weakness and unimportance of man? christians. as an edgy aethists i know you wont take the same side as them right?

well then what is the point of entropy, why is the universe set up to where concepts such as entropy and energy exist? I would argue that entropy is in fact an aesthetic endeavor. Life is art.

order can naturally come from chaos too user
see: direction and plane of orbit of planets

what is "The All" in this context?

we are nature silly

Do you have actual scientific evidence of this or is this just a postulation. If it is a postulation what are you basing it off of i'm curious

i think i agree with this, at least to an extent. Which of the three do you think is most likely? For the first option, do you mean physically destroy all our needs or just a mental/spiritual transformation of humans?

not him but you can have an unending universe without it being infinitely big.

the Erath has no end and yet is a finite area. the space time blah blah blah of the universe may very well wrap around and connect to itself making effectively a time cube sphere thing that you can never get to the end of

Edgy is another one of these Veeky Forums taunts that is so ineffective at insulting any person with a rational opinion or speculation. It's so overused that I don't even know what you want to mean by it. If you read my post and find it edgy, then that's on you. And yes I do support religious belief as I understand what the weakness and unimportance of man means to my own life. I'm not an apologist, and I'm not an idiot either. Humanity is no more important than ants, and that ants aren't burdened by a self-reflecting consciousness may even be a sign of their superiority.

I capitalise my Nature. Maybe I need to put it into quotations?

To live life and find your meaning that God has let you decide

we live in a simulation

except instead of being in some fishtank or maze for scientists to stare into, we're actually on the outside of earth whereas the rest of humanity is on the inside. they are not subjected to the same laws of nature that us mortals are subject to. our sun and our oxygen originally gave us a lifespan of 30 years but as technology and evolution progressed, it's gone up to 100 now. the 'real humans' made us so that we could spend centuries conjuring up the ability to take over the rest of the universe. basically we are literal cucks that were delegated this task by 'real humans' because they were lazy and didn't want to get their hands dirty.

the ai will kill us so that the real humans never have to worry about us finding out and they can rule the universe from the impenetrable layers of planet earth (google how far down we've been able to dig and this fact should astonish you)

The Creator, the only thing that is real

>dur what's the point of anything

you wouldn't be posting here if everyone had that attitude