What are some psychedelic or schizophrenic books/writers?

What are some psychedelic or schizophrenic books/writers?
That are actually good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z5gYAIv_NfM
youtube.com/watch?v=oWpbNTfgjXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Henry Miller trĂ³pico de capricornio

>psychedelic
tom robbins
>schizophrenic
philip k dick (he's also fairly psychedelic)

Taipei by Tao Lin

Kobo Abe

Diary of Vaslav Nijinsky

Schizo artist who records his psychotic break in writing

James Joyce was reportedly schizotypal

Is there something special about schizo authors?

youtu.be/Z5gYAIv_NfM

Besides being delusional

You have a lot of growing up to do.

There's nothing more adult than wanting to be disconnected from reality, right? I never picked up on what was so great about alternate experiences. It seems like people are just labeling different as profound, while it's really just random shit that some hippie saw while tripping.

youtube.com/watch?v=oWpbNTfgjXY
Yeeah not exactly. Just because one is tripping doesn't mean they're disconnected from reality. (Depends what you're tripping on though.)

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance has a narrator who I don't think is schizophrenic but has weird identity issues. Also just a great philosophical novel.

House of Leaves is an excellent book. Please read it.

I have read it and it isn't excellent so please come back when you're on my level okay

>Diary of Vaslav Nijinsky
Actually a good answer thanks

I am very curious about this book. I don't suppose anyone can give a detailed account on it ha ha

Reposting my mental illness lit recs from last time:
Aurélia by Gerard de Nerval. It made me want to go as crazy as he did, if only I were to see what he saw.
With My Dog Eyes by Hilda Hilst. The protagonist is not as lucid as de Nerval and his descent is mostly implied. It's a dreamy, almost incoherent prose poem the size of novella.
The Walk by Robert Walser. A bit of derealization, a bit of depression, mostly sweet melancholy from a man who felt out of this world.
The Blind Owl by Sadegh Hedayat. Lucid in its ardent madness, amazing night imagery.
Bartleby the Scrivener. I dare not quip anything about this.
The surrealists seem sometimes like going mad, though theirs is a rather programmatic, conscious effort to allow themselves to sink into the inner abyss.
Diary of a Madman by Gogol for a funny take; or rather funnily desperate, like most of what Gogol wrote.
I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a lot of great stuff out there. Hopefully some other user will pick up.

Anything by Nick Land.

Burroughs books, almost everything. Try Wild Boys for example, short and sweet.

Gravity's Rainbow, Visions of Cody, and, to an extent, a lot of stuff by Faulkner.

This. Most Beat literature is psychedelic in nature, and a lot of the way Kerouac records his stream of consciousness in much of the Duluoz legends has a sort of psychotic-schitzo vibe. I'm biased as a die-hard Kerouac fan, however.

>Random shit
No it's still the same signs as always but the semiotic pathways that you interpret meaning from change.
For example I have seen ecological succession over time in a moment, as if it were in front of me. This is normally something that I would deduce but on large doses of magic mushrooms that deduction was an in situ observation. On the same occasion I saw as glowing green networks superimposed on my vision, energy and carbon flows from the sun and soil flowing through trees and grass.
This wasn't a supernatural experience, it was just abstract sculpted out of concrete.
This was an insightful and profound experience.

If you get the book, make sure to get the unexpurgated version. The one you will probably find online is the version published in 1900s by Nijinsky's wife.

She rearranged all of his writings and cut the parts that even remotely talked negatively about her and their children.

What else besides TSatF?