Has Peterson actually attempted any real philosophy?

Has Peterson actually attempted any real philosophy?

I’m just going to keep posting Peterson bait threads until we get a seperate /phil/ to quarantine /pol/, or mods actually do something about low effort left/right political arguments.

Other urls found in this thread:

viewpointmag.com/2018/01/23/postmodernism-not-take-place-jordan-petersons-12-rules-life/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you seen that paragraph where he tries to talk about Heidegger. It's pseud gore
Cliff Sergeant is more of a philosopher than Memerson

no, he has not. he's a hack.

viewpointmag.com/2018/01/23/postmodernism-not-take-place-jordan-petersons-12-rules-life/

Why do you think /phil/ would separate /pol/? I've read 3 books this year and I'm going to keep coming back every single day, as I have been for months. This is a literature board.

Source? I want to laugh

I think /phil/ would effectively siphon off most of the left/right culture war posts which is where /pol/ is most annoying. When discussing novels, there’s only so much latitude you get before bait becomes obvious. In philosophical discussions, parroting Peterson’s talking points will consistently be enough to trigger a reply.

post it please

nvm, found it

#GotEm

There's already Veeky Forums and Peterson gets spammed there too. What pisses me off is I had my thread removed twice and got banned for trying to start a discussion about the relative merits of this game as a text. Meanwhile the mods allow any number of threads about Pseudo Leaferson.

The tollerance of the left.
You're a pseudointellectual chronicaly afraid of every idea different from yours because you're secretly conscious of your complete cultural inadeguacy.

isn’t he a psychologist you dum dum?

Yes, a psychologist who plays at being a philosopher much like Jung but Jung wasn't a fucking leaf.

Veeky Forums is at it’s best when discussing actual history. Every so often they’ll talk about Greek statues or something and actually make sense. I think history and literature majors really shouldn’t be discussing philosophy. So far Veeky Forums works since people who post on Veeky Forums will be more widely read than your average lit major. However, philosophy is like honey for /pol/ style pseuds.

Anyway, I’m open to chat about Getting Over It. I think it falls into a category distinct from most existing games, in that the narration actually responds to mechanics so it’s not a walking sim and the mechanics react to changes in the narrative. The closest I think we’ve seen to this is Thomas Was Alone or Oxenfree.
I certainly think this style will be what actually makes games acceptable as an artform, since it actually gains something unique from the interactivity.

Yes of course!
>Clean your asshole
Brilliant.

The only way to keep /pol/ and /leftypol/ retardation out of the board is to rangeban north america.

Well what I was impressed with was even though it was clearly going to be youtuber bait from the start the presentation, especially the narration managed to actually use the frustrating difficulty and absurd absence of anything rewarding aesthetically (lazy design?) into something somewhat edifying. If a rage game has a snake near the very end that takes you back to the start that seems like the ultimate dick-move but when Foddy describes its purpose is to lengthen the struggle of the game because defeating the game will be a disappointment it almost seems like the snake really should be there. So I was impressed with the synergy of the actual gameplay elements and the message being communicated. Most games that have the pretense of being artistic are just vehicles for stories that could easily be captured in film or writing. He took something that definitely was not ludo and by giving players a certain way of looking at it he managed to make it ludo.

Also its hilarious that this game with about 10 minutes of content seems to summarize Peterson's entire philosophy of personal development

Tell that to him

This article is marred with misrepresentations and ad hominems. Seems like that's the only thing JP gets lately.

ouch

I dont think Peterson is that great either, but this passage about Being isnt horrendous in any sense

Im going to assume you find a problem with Peterson putting objective reality alongside Being. In the introduction to Being and Time Heidegger says the same thing. Phenomenology is not at war with the sciences, at least for Heidegger. He simply wants to make a case that western metaphysics has forgotten the question of what is Being, and has only focused on this or that aspect of objective reality.

The embarrassment is he clearly has no idea WHY Heidegger would make such a claim as such only bringing him up just to make the mere statement that we exist is the definition of pseudo-intellectual

>he clearly has no idea WHY Heidegger would make such a claim as such
> [And instead] only bringing him up just to make the mere statement that we exist

I think thats what youre saying

Well what youre asserting isnt at all clear from the pic you posted, that has to deal with how he actually uses Being rather than how he describes it in this footnote.

The world records are at 3 minutes, so it’s got less than 10mins if content if you think about it.

>accuses an user of pseudointellectuality
>proceedes to use "inadeguacy" in his contrived shitpost

umm, do YOU have the number 4 most selling book on Amazon rn???

>imblying ids nod inadeguade

keked

People who can't think write in platitudes and cliche sayings ('a beacon of light'.'the individual, the smallest unit of society', etc.), just like that reviewer

It's #1 now.

sweetie...

>people are dumb

who woulda thunk it?

Gravity's Rainbow, to compare

Peterson is a literal apostle of men

But Rupi Kaur had the #1.

What if the book’s been out for like a week, and nobody leaving a review read it without being very motivated to give everything they could to Kermit.