Read in public at uni to kill time between classes

>read in public at uni to kill time between classes
>secretly hope a girl will strike up a conversation with me about the book I'm reading and literature/books in general
It's been four years and I'm graduating this semester and not once has anyone male or female talked to me about the book I was reading. Ok that's a partial lie. Once as a freshman when I was reading Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk, a really cute blonde girl who I assumed was a senior said "Hey, I just wanted to say that's a really good book! Hope you enjoy it!" She said this as she casually walked into the classroom I was waiting outside of.

i tried to start with the greeks in college and one girl talked to me about plutarch and another girl asked about thucydides. did you try making normal conversation first? if they noticed your book they might bring them up

You need to approach girls.

Girls only come onto you if you work together or see each other regularly at study groups.

>>did you try making normal conversation first?
No. I'd be too afraid to talk to a girl and break the ice myself. I was always secretly hoping someone would say "I've read that book" or "I like that author" and then we would have a conversation from there. I'm to much of a pussy to ever approach a woman.

That's retarded. Go to the gym and start talking to everyone. Get a job as a cashier or waiter. Almost everyone you will meet is a retard and women are almost always stupider than you. Beware of women who are smarter than you.

I worked at McDonald's over the summer preceding my Junior year. At that job I realized how petty and shitty people could be over the most inane things. I currently work as a math tutor. I don't think going to the gym would help me. I don't normally talk to people. I don't know how. But I do at least know stuff about books. So if I could find a girl to talk with books about, that would be great.

That's gay man. Go to the gym and get your testosterone up to normal levels. Talking to people is easy because most people try hard to identify with a group and you can cold read them just by looking at them. Clothes are an outward advertisement of who you are. Just fucking tell them what you know they like.

Have you tried poetry readings? The girls there tend to be friendly and if you go alone and stay a while after one might approach you. Also try being less of a beta faggot i guess, but you dont really need to change until youre working a real job that requires you to be a man

What do I advertise when I wear a khaki carhart winter jacket with khaki colored jeans and khaki colored Emericas or red white and blue adidas running shoes?
What I described above is pretty much my daily outfit.

this, you beta fuck, look for Veeky Forums girls and approach them and say "hey have you read x?" and if she says yes and maybe smiles a bit say "great I've been looking everywhere for someone to talk to about this book" and make sure you have some points on hand to get the conversation started
also do this

I've never liked poetry, but I could try to broaden my horizons. But I would never go to something alone like that. I'm too afraid.

You say that you are boring and have little to no personality and are afraid of taking risks. You found what shoes you liked in jr high and have stuck with them. You bought a carhartt jacket because they are cheap and durable.

>not sure if accurate reading or is colored by my previous posts
Either way that's sadly accurate.

At least you don't blindly trendhop though man. But you need to trendhop a while while you are young to develop tastes and opinions. All khaki isn't normal. Brown, navy, burgandy, and white shoes all work with khaki pants. And get chinos in khaki over khaki jeans, the texture looks weird with khaki imo.

>have i taken the bait?
Do you have anyone who can go with you? You want someone who is not going to be too cool or comfortable in nee situations because your discomfort is what will attract these poetry types

A
U
T
I
S
M

You're 100% convinced that you're boring and unlikeable, and yet you're "too much of a pussy" to do anything about this. Maybe, if you're so unhappy, actually try changing your circumstances instead of using a fucking literature board on Veeky Forums for validation.

This is the part where I say I have no friends, and that's mainly why I read so many books: to escape.
I really just wanted to know if other people read books publicly in hope that people will talk to them about literature.

Interrupting anyone who's reading is rude, that's why nobody bothered you.

>Im just going to sit here reading and hope a cute grill comes to talk to me

GRAB THEM BY THE PUSSY

Hmmm no friends and cant go alone. Okay the poetry program at your school most likely have a facebook page, you have to comment on there that you want to go to a reading but need a ride to the venue or someone to go with, just tell yhem you have anxiety, or dm them, a poetry organization will bend over backwards for you if you have anxiety and they know how to do it in a way that will keep u comfy. You gotta be able to do this, even if you make an alt facebook account

>sitting in a corner waiting for attention while Chad is dicking her down
You're pretty much a cuckold

>hahah lol maybe one day an intelligent cutie will just fall into my lap.

Bruh just suck it up and talk to normie women most of thek are fine and you can get them into books what I did with my gf. STOP BEING A PUSSY

>never had a girlfriend
>am somehow a cuckold
Oh...okay

Even a cuck managed to get a gf

Just kill yourself senpai, that's what I did.

>reading Dead Souls in uni
>this classmate I did a lab with last semester asks me
>"bro what are you reading, is it good?"
>talk about the book, he is interested
>he bought it last week and is actually reading it
I went to his house one time and the only book he had (aside from textbooks) was one about Chess.
Feels gay desu.

Have you considered becoming gay?

>he doesnt realize that he was storing all his books on a kindle, and that owning 100s of physical books is just commodity fetishism
>he judges people based on the number of physical books owned

>be at big ten degree factory
>low key hate everyone and be an ableist fuck
>fucked 9 girls last semester
>live in dorm as senior
>have no decorations in room, just 25 books
>lol
Yeah I do that user. Just remember, girls expect you to hit on them. If you do it with any degree of respect to them as humans, even getting rejected is pretty nice. I’ve had professors ask what I was reading four times, a Murakami book, infinite jest, hg Wells, and an economics book. I’ve never been approached either

>I was always secretly hoping someone would say "I've read that book" or "I like that author" and then we would have a conversation from there.
This doesn't happen very often in modern times with social media and stuff like Tinder.
>I'm to much of a pussy to ever approach a woman.
And this is why it probably wouldn't happen either way. They can tell, and unless you're attractive there's no reason that anyone would approach you.