What is the Veeky Forums recommended and approved e-reader? I was thinking of Pocketbook Touch HD 2, because of the 3...

What is the Veeky Forums recommended and approved e-reader? I was thinking of Pocketbook Touch HD 2, because of the 3.5mm jack and note taking seems responsive. Trying to take everything I can from one device with e-ink display.

Kindle paper white

>supporting amazonians

>Kindle

Apple wood is better kindel for tinder

Never tried the meme ebook readers, only the kindle.
Any other that's worth buying?

The google one

Its the green one i think, yeah???

Mhm yeah, and with onz ocusnim? I believe.

My dear sire, shant but get a sincere glean from this concuring sir

I suppose so. Hmph.

why would you need a 3.5mm jack on an e-reader

Kindle Keyboard

Audiobooks, listening to music while reading, pronunciation...

>audiobooks
what's a phone
>listening to music while reading
?????
>pronunciation
[??:??]

Better to have all your lit shit on one device. I don't think any ereaders hook up to audible yet...

I listen to music while reading to add dimensions to the story. Music vastly influences movie and vidya scenes. Appropriate music for a book does the same.

E-readers have dictionaries. Dictionaries have pronunciation. This is especially important if you're learning Japanese like me.

Buy a Kobo. No bullshit, low price, and you can actually read EPUB files.

I'd get a Paperwhite, then turn on Airplane mode and use Calibre for pirated ebooks (free epub format needs to be converted to Amazon's azw or mobie formats, which Calibre can do)

The Paperwhite's touch screen is a bit annoying so if you got extra cash get the Oasis, comes with Audible support and proper buttons

>itt. *pic related*

This, buying a kobo was the best lit decision I've made since not starting with the greeks.

The paperwhite with calibre is exactly what I use. Hexchat/bookz to get the books

I just need an e ink reader that supports all the formats, I can't find anything. I know PDF is hard to render buh whubout the others

They all can render PDF, but the problem is that PDF is normally formatted to A4 and 99% of ebook readers are smaller than that. PDF is a non-flowing format (HTML flows and adapts to different screen sizes, PDFs are more-or-less pictures) so to reformat into epub/whatever all programs liberally guess, which mostly leads to shit results. It's an inherent problem with this garbage format, I wish they would've had epub first.

I like reading on paper for books I read at home, but a kindle paperwhite is what I use when I'm on the go. To be honest though.

I use kindle app on my iPad and iPhone. Read on phone when on the go and on iPad when at home. They Auto synch based on the current page and the coolest part is you can permanently add books to your kindle cloud storage by emailing yourself a .mobi

this is not me, but thank you for pretty much answering what I would have answered.

Is there any reason not to buy pocketbook over kobo? anyone have any experience? t: OP

If you actually like literature e-readers won't cut it. They're limited as fuck.

elaborate on this bullshit sounding claim

This. I have around 500 books on my kobo and it supports almost all ebook formats

If you’re reading without making notes in the margin, you aren’t really reading

why the hate against e-books?
is it just some retarded le traditionalist meme or something along these lines?

They're super comfortable, especially if you hate touching paper like me, fucking sucks

t. weird man

notes go in your journal, silly

Most literary books aren't published digitally.

this, got a kobo h20 and am very happy with it

Can I lick you, weird man?

I've an old kobo and it's serviceable.

I have NOOK HD+ and i really enjoy it, its big and feels good in my hands, pdf doesn't look too bad on it.

I have a kindle from like 2012-ish.

It's decent, but limited, screen is fairly small, and very clunky/slow

>too weak to read on smart phone
Guess I’ll spend the 300$ I saved taking your girlfriend out to dinner

why airplane mode?

block ads and spyware

The Kobo Glo HD is a good way to avoid getting fucked by Amazon. There's still store icons and book ads all over the homescreen but they're much more open than Kindle. And if you're techy you can install custom firmwares to enable extra features/hide the ads.

There's really no real reasons why I should get one or other e-reader? Just "I have x it's good." I guess there's no real difference in the end on these fairly simple devices. I was just wondering why there's never recommendation on these Pocketbook devices which seem to have it all (except waterproofing)?

Where are you getting ads? I have one and I never see any. There's a link to the kobo store when I pull up the menu but I just never click it

perhaps

I have a Kobo Aura One, and it works fine. Just make sure to install Koreader though.

I find my Kobo Glo is kind of slow when it comes to page-turning, and I've yet to find an e-book with user-friendly footnotes (always seems to take several presses, or it's actually impossible because the reference number is at the side of the page and pressing causes the page to turn).

No idea if other e-readers are any better, though. Could well be general issues with the technology.

Anywhere?

Anyone else have an Oasis 2?
It's fucking cash but for some reason I like my old Paperwhite.

What Google one?

I buy a Bookie of X-view. Yeah, u think is another chinese shit but, works very good, and read every format, no just only .mobi shit like Kindle