Name ONE (uno) good thing philosophy has done for you

Name ONE (uno) good thing philosophy has done for you

Cioran cured my anxiety

Lao tzu cured my anxiety

Stoicism is helping me with depression

I intend to read the Bible first.
Then an overview of philoshopy (Kenny or Copleston)
Then an overview of history (not sure of the author yet).

Then I will chronologically tackle major works of Christian mystics, philosophers and books that deal with general history of that specific period.

Then I will re-read the Bible.

After I am done, I will have a bird-eye's view of existence.

So to answer your question, philosophy will play a part in this great labor of illumination I am about to undertake.

It allowed me to find an act which is worthwhile in itself and requires nothing external (spatial or temporal), no teleology, to justify it. It represents the essence and epithome of art and the essence of Being as Becoming at the same time. This Form of pure substance in act is what the ancient Greeks called απόσπαση σkατά. There is no possible translation.

1. Convinced an art thot I met at a red bull music academy show that I knew all about "socratic seminars" when I had never heard of them.

>what the ancient Greeks called απόσπαση σkατά. There is no possible translation.

I'll translate it for you: I'm a massive fag

Well done, you have mastered the said art as well.

Memento Mori, I could've been dead by now which means I must do anything not to waste
time and to enjoy every single minute second
in life. Because this is all I have and It's full of mysteries that is why I must focus on enjoying it.
Stoicism in a nutshell

I get a nice serotonin rush when I read Nietzsche, and it motivates me for about a week

>Stoicism in a nutshell
No.

Made me realize there are no complete ideologies. And by not complete, I mean these idea-sets cannot even answer some questions formed from their own terminology. Any ideology that claims to not rely on faith is either full of people who don't understand what they're talking about or who are blatant liars.

you would disagree fuking faggot

Not an stoic answer.

This

Gave me pleasure from reading and made me more clever and perceptive.

Made me realize I don't know anything.

>epithome
> when your pretension lets itself be seen

>Stoicism in a nutshell
Literally the opposite

Cured my depression

this

>cured

good one user

You fags with your self diagnosed depression need to fuck off. Your not depressed you are a loser. Get a job.

it makes me feel smart even though i'm actually a brainlet with no real world skills

this but unironically. detached pursuits like philosophy and art are mostly pursued by those who cant cut it in the real world.

It's made me more intelligent. Or at least that's how it feels. Generally, it's been good at showing me different modes of thinking.

It's sparked good conversations with drunken friends in bars. That's good enough for me.

This comment actually says a lot. "Good enough for me". That's all the justification needed simply because drunk conversations with friends are life affirming. I say we call it a thread.

rid me of my edgy assumptions about life and replaced it with ontologically derived views. Their still as edgy but at least i know how to move past that now and approach life for what it is.

It's all in my head now.

derrida made me solipsistic

When I'm running and get tired I genuinely think of Schopenhauer's concept of will as a way to motivate myself. Am I dead? No. I have the will to continue. Guess I'll keep running then.

Allowed me to live more 'true to myself' as a result of scepticism towards the general narrative and I find that the more I go in this direction the happier I become.

For me? Nothing, they've only made me anxious, but BEFORE I figured out that I was too much of an ADHD brainlet to able to put up some philosophical resistance, so to speak. Now I just sit here dumb and confused, whereas before I was just dumb

Sisyphus helped me with my priorities.

The world as representation is a convincing lie.
The world is my representation. What is? The world as will.

My brain is my will.

It gave me perspective. In a cosmic scale nothing really matters. I was suffering from unrequited love and this thought helped me through this phase.

>hasn't even started yet
Start today or else you're a faggot

Have you seen this tv show called "Rick & Morty" they do delve into these philosophical concepts that you are presenting in your statement and rick is intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor !

nothing(nada)

Made me humble (humilde)

it made me more confident and self-loving

>serotonin
dopamine

After reading a shit-ton of philosophy books, I learned that I could be doing more productive things than reading a shit-ton of philosophy books.

>hurr durr what can philosophy do for me
What can I so for philosophy?

Imagine there's a drake meme combined with this text

It made go “woah” and then never again had any practicality in my life ever again

I'm currently conducting research on what the best "history overview" book would be. Any suggestions? After that I am ready to oficially start.

Stoicism taught me emotions are bad.

Makes me feel better than normies.

>Sartre
It's like arriving at the most interesting crossroads of life and taking the most vulgar way out.

cut through retarded ideas
he'll never realize how reprehensible both he and she were and are

The way someone acts toward you is a combination of sentiments of past experiences within that person's life.

gave me other possible ways of looking at and being in the world

Helps me predict the outcome of horse races and I win tons of money.

Spinoza's mathematics helped me when buying a garden hose.
It also made me pursuit ideas that I wish to give all my life to. Also, it made me more calm when it comes to everyday life things and more anxious when it come's to spirituality.

>approach life for what it is
How is this done? What is life ‘as it is’ in your understanding?

No looks pretty decent though. Where can I watch this? My older brother has Netflix, is it on there?

all the problems philosophy helped me solved had been created by philosophy itself