Tfw the primary way I engage with literature is by listening to audiobooks while playing video games

>tfw the primary way I engage with literature is by listening to audiobooks while playing video games

>he listens to things so simple he doesn't have to re-read them and even ruminate on what's been said

sororitybesidethemselveswithlaughter.exe

This. I mean I listen to Zizek, Roderick and Peterson (among others) lectures while playing vidya, but it's not like I could listen to a Deleuze audiobook or something and pretend that I get something out of it by the end just by listening while doing something else.

>He has to re-read books and ruminate on what's been said

>implying I don't often rewind the audiobook inbetween matches

>he doesn't

...so you're in a constant state of listening and rewinding?

Also
>reading things you can '''''''get'''''''' just by reading a proposition or argument or proof one time

LEL. You are no academics, you're probably reading Moby Dick or something.

So tell me user, who are you in that picture?

>he doesnt read while listening to 3x speed audiobook that removes the silences between words

It’s obvious, isn’t it

>he doesn't play audiobooks while sleeping to dream the story

>not listening to an audiobook while listening to a soothing ambient album on a lower volume at the same time

>sororitybesidethemselveswithlaughter.exe
Amazing that the image instantly appeared in my head. Probably been here too long

dontforgetyourehereforever.bmp

>>not listening to an audiobook while improvising soothing ambient music on piano on a lower volume at the same time

Ah yes Moby Dick, the plebeian's delight.

Doesn't this picture imply that the inside of the head is empty?

You're just dreaming. You'll wake up in a few moments and see that none of this was real.

I do that because I no longer feel like literature is work. Feels pretty good.

Although I should point out that I only do it for books I sort of want to read and still devote time to reading actual books. The hardest thing to get past was feeling like I'm missing out on some important story in the game. But thankfully most games don't have good stories.

Moby Dick is patrician

I'm just saying. Fiction is, by and large, not as intellectual as non-fiction. You could be reading anything and it would lose to non-fiction.

But it's not an image... it's an executable. The first thing that should have popped into your head is a simulation of someone being in a sorority while the women are beside themselves with laughter. In this game, you might have an inventory bar etc etc.

Sheesh, you suck at being on Veeky Forums. Learn how file extensions work, thanks.

>Fiction is, by and large, not as intellectual as non-fiction. You could be reading anything and it would lose to non-fiction.

you're drinking the Veeky Forums kool-aid too much senpai

what games? i can imagine it'd be good while playing some grindy strategy game like maybe civ, but most games i play need constant attention.

i did listen to a lot of podcasts while i played rct2 back in the day..

This isn't a competition where you are comparing yourself to other 'normal people' anymore retard.

This is no longer high school. Most people on here, this board especially do NOT watch anime anymore.

I can for certain tell you that it doesn't matter. I don't CARE what other people read. But objectively speaking, reading non-fiction IS how you learn things.

You're not a little kid, so act like it.

fuck you dad I won't do what you tell me I'll read Moby Dick as much as I want!!

A perfectly valid way to enjoy poetry.
I listen to epics while I work.

>PETERSON
>LECTURES
HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

I do it while playing Runescape

>But objectively speaking, reading non-fiction IS how you learn things.
lel

Fuck off postmodernist

I unironically listen to audiobooks while playing minecraft in creative mode. Sometimes I get really entangled into the story and I really lose track of time. I can't have that concentration when reading.
(pls no bully)

dumb frogposter

You might be trolling but how embarassing is it for Peterson to misuse and really appropiate such a prominent term like PostModernism, has he literally never read about it before??

Conjueror please go

How embarrassing that you can't spell the word embarrassing, postmodernist.