Never read Pynchon. Is it any good?

Never read Pynchon. Is it any good?

Reading it right now, about a third of the way through. Pretty funny, desu

read V

the movie is identical to the book.

It's a very funny book, and quite light by Pynchon's standards. It's a good introduction to the author, although I don't think anyone of his books necessarily prepares you for another. Contrary to what some people might say about him, each of his books is unique.

No. The movie is better than the book.
The book is horrifically bad.

Nope, endings are different
Book Ending>Movie Ending

This
I was suprised the end was changed the way it was, especially since Pinch himself approved the script

Yes, the movie ending happens after a rapey scene, but the book ending is good.

Also, the Vegas adventures are pretty cool imo.

>pynchon himself approved the script
theres no fucking way they got a response from him

also, bleeding edge movie when?

inherent vice is underrated, just because it's easy to read doesn't mean it doesn't have some dank themes, the more i think about it the more i like it

Really good and a good place to start with Pynchon.

The movie is shit, honestly. There was no attempt to make it work as a film.

Pynchons people contacted PTA actually. PTA denies having had personal contact but I don't believe him.

the atmosphere is totally different

the Pynch was in the film.

was this EVER confirmed or was it just a rumor> He's not in the credits...

Him being in the credits isn't a closing argument but it's all just rumor anyways.

Post a screenshot of him then nerd.

are you blind? he's in the clinic u dumbfuck

I don't know why or who but I believe The Pynch knows a lot of secrets of the world and tries to say it to the world. I think many writers in history also know the hidden mechanics of the ancient and modern civilization, like PKD or Kafka. I don't know, just maybe.

He wasn't in the film.

Pynchon's novels and the irremovable personality that goes with the discussions of his works are the Pynchon's cameo in the film.

I liked Inherent Vice. Worth time to read it. I think it would be a good introduction to Pynchon, for the uninitiated.