Heads up that this is going to be the new Harry Potter

Heads up that this is going to be the new Harry Potter.

It's selling like hotcakes, has huge hype on goodreads, the author is signed for another 7-8 books (the first sequel is about to drop), and there's a big budget Hollywood film series in the works.

It's a carbon copy of Harry Potter except instead of muggles the persecuted group are illegals (illegal immigrants).

>muggles the persecuted group are illegals (illegal immigrants).
Intriguing. Tell me more

Well imagine that Harry needed a valid wizard visa to legally enter the wizarding world and he didn't have one but got smuggled in anyway. When he gets to Hogwarts his fellow students curse him for being illegal, however they can't have him deported because of some legal technicalities.

drumpf btfo

Since when were muggles a persecuted group?

>the new Harry Potter is much the same as the old Harry Potter
boooooooooooooooooring

Since now, you non-magical bastard

are you a hufflepuff or summat

Lmao it even looks like it

Looks more like a Tim Burton adaptation of The Worst Witch.

Muggles are portrayed as borderline retarded throughout Harry Potter though. The best argument you can make for them is that powerful half-blood and mudblood wizards take pity and defend them from supremacists. Is there a single Muggle that isn't portrayed as either a mean abuser or an ignorant idiot that can't comprehend magic because he doesn't have the magic genes?

I haven't read the series but I get the impression it's about an enlightened elite who are objectively superior to other humans, are not beholden to their laws, and have their own parallel power structure.

Not sure if the elite potentially or actually influences the world of inferior humans or merely keeps itself entirely separate from it. The latter seems the lesser of two evils but still politically questionable at best tbphwy

Well, there's not exactly complex politics in Rowling's universe, outside of the Wizarding government being comically incompetent at everything. Basically the extremist blood supremacists want to rule over Muggles and resent having to hide their society, the less extreme blood supremacists want to breed with their cousins and stay in some traditional vision of society, and people like Dumbledore fight the extremists and promote basic egalitarianism.
There isn't any indication that there is a movement to integrate the two worlds in a rational manner, though that's a pretty immediate conclusion once you account for modern technology. I'm not exactly sure how the Wizarding world survives the Internet, without extensive repression of information by collaborating with Muggle governments at least.

Wizards being able to tamper with Muggle minds whenever they feel like it is pretty messed up

>a movement to integrate the two worlds in a rational manner
And now I'm getting Eliezer Yudkowsky flashbacks

Yudkowski is pretty meh by HP fanfic standards. i enjoy the early chapters, but later on it becomes a totally insufferable smug curbstomb.

mudbloods (negroes) were often bullied by the mean aryan wizard families iirc

it's really not much worse than what muggles do to each other

Sweet Jesus those sausages are undercooked.

Sounds comically bad even comparable to Harry Potter.

Go back to bed, Tao.