Lmao u pseuds kafka's works are funny AF...

lmao u pseuds kafka's works are funny AF. if you werent laughing literally every second during the trial u didnt fuking get it. in case you dont know, he was heard LAUGHing maniacally while writing his work. i think the metamorphosis is the funniest work of modern fiction. who else /patrician here/?

'investigations of a dog' is the funniest fucking thing i've ever read

>My favorite part of The Castle was when they found the castle

I only read the Trial but it really is pretty funny.
Not as funny as Naked Lunch though.

yes, it is.. maybe caused by the absurdity..

There is no time for humor in Kafka's absurd.

Tbh u have to have a very high iq to understand kafka

Good thread

Humor in Kafka is no doubt present, but it's sometimes overrated and adopted as an autistic pet theory. Just a tiny bit of what Kafka wrote was written to be funny or for humorous effect. Bits of the castle, like the slapstick helpers, or parts of the short stories. Often it's the seemingly bizarre dialogue. But the humour is ALWAYS enveloped with bigger, more dominant themes.

those hips MY GOD

>if you werent laughing literally every second during the trial u didnt fuking get it
Unironicaly fucking this.

Damn, i didn't realize this. The whole time i thought kafka was just about being made to laugh.

>literally every second

damn son that sounds exhausting not to mention really funny in and of itself. i'm just imagining some insane dude reading the trial while sprinting around a park with all his energy from laughing so much while reading a book

And the crooked teeth AIIIIIIIII

>As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic lobster.

WHat did he MEAN by this???

Sounds kafkian

more?

It's just Dr. Seuss for pretentious people.

Nigga- what?

Green Eggs and Ham is basically The Trial with all the filler cut out.

Holy shit.

*laughs at you*