Tfw my uncle died recently

>tfw my uncle died recently
>never married and was real quiet
>worked as a ticket collector on the trains
>always known as the "strange" family member
>I liked him and he looked after me as a kid when my parents divorced
>visited his house with my mum to sort his things out
>I ask if I can have his book collection rather than giving it to charity or throwing it out
>nobody minds
>go through his collection in my room
>find a bunch of loose sheets with poems written on them
>google some lines and find nothing
>figure they're his
>find several revisions of the same poems with tons of notes and edits
>a lot of them are about loneliness and failure
>mfw reading this shit and trying not to tear up

RIP in peace Laurence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gMu_Z4j-4xs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, can you post a couple?

Post some

Sorry for your loss man

I'm not sure if he'd want that. I feel guilty enough reading them. It's lucky I they didn't end up in a charity shop I guess but I feel bad because he was so private.

I beg you to share one of his poems.

just post them. I know for a fact that he'd feel good knowing that someone enjoyed his work

Don’t post them. What is put on the internet can never be removed, just keep them to yourself. They’re personal

just post them
it's your uncle's legacy

Yeah, don’t post them. There’s the risk that someone steals it or tries to turn it into a copy pasta. May your uncle rip in pieces

lol what a pseud

You're probably right. I just teared up when I read through his stuff and thought about him writing them with nobody to show them to.

don't listen to these cunts
please post them OP

I will dedicate my life to be the next henry darger

Try to get them published in some paper then. The one you posted was quite sweet.

This sort of shit isn't "xD so romantic and mysterious" anymore. This isn't 1918. Your family members and 99.99999 % of society think "Oi what a sadcase innit!"

Even people who work at publishing companies think that. And they are all life on easy mode rich people eager to publish people like themselves or the latest non-white trendy inner city Londoner

What are you on about mate

this might be the most elaborate b8 I've ever seen

RIP Laurence

Damn I saw it for a second and hit refresh only to see it being deleted it started with "There are many tempting paths in life.."

Do him good, Kimbote.

Can you post at least one? Just choose one that doesn't seem so personal

he already posted on but deleted it.

>There are many tempting paths in life,
>Who knows which one of them may lead
>To the solid home, the child, the wife,
>The fulfilment of all human needs.

>I’ve travelled many routes myself,
>Walked for several years down some,
>Yet failed to discover the immeasurable wealth
>Of not having to live one’s life alone.

The written words are meant to be shared. That's why they are written.

goddamn right in the feels

This is the kind of thread I want to believe it's true even if it may not.
Post some, anons. Spread the feels.
He'll be alive again, in those feels.

Say that when someone spams it in a peterson thread but rewritten to be about farts

If I haven't found a wife by 35 I'm killing myself

???????

how old was your uncle when he died?

damn

This feels... genuine. I can feel Laurence in it. RIP, user's uncle Laurence.

don't worry, you'll be able to find someone to fuck in the nursing home.

One of us.

Rest in peace, Laurence.

Fucking people ain't the problem
There's something about my personality that is unattractive to women

Rip.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I imagine you loved him.
He's fine now.

You should've showed him Veeky Forums.
RIPIP

change your personality then bud, or more accurately, your outlook... which dictates your personality.

F

I really didn't came here to feel.

the only problem is I don't know what is wrong with my personality
I'm fairly sure it's my self-esteem/low social status

I've see this happen a lot right before my eyes.
Some ppl just miss the timing on everything they say.
I was just like that, I just got lucky desu

Introspect more and find out why. Funnily enough, great literature helps with this. Go read!

Hope your uncle rests in peace.
F

you need to put in a lot of time. far more time than you even realize.

the problem with being a smarty pants is that you never spend most of your life socializing like 'normies' do. that's what it takes. you start to take on characteristics and personality traits, learn how to be a 'part' of society, and not make a girl scared for her life.

people with low self-esteem and social status have sex all the time. but someone who spends their time away from the 'crowd' becomes weirder and weirder the more time they stay away. this is why throughout our history, 'disconnecting' yourself from society or becoming a monk was a way to clear your thinking and let you focus on things without the distraction of other people.

however, because of the internet, societal disconnect is becoming the norm.

F

>ignores inborn nature
>says the low status ugly people fuck other repulsive ugly people sometimes meme
>shames invrovertion
>shames reclusiveness for being forcibly social
cut off a finger for me sweetie

golly you sound like such a kind person i cant imagine you having trouble interacting with others

He was 63.

RIP Lawrence
Soon I will join you in the special circle of hell reserved for anti-social pseuds.

he's not wrong.
I wouldn't say I'm ugly by any stretch. And I know If I went clubbing I could get laid often. Getting in a relationship is different, however. I've had girls want to date me before. They weren't the prettiest, but I never felt love for them. I've never been able to successfully hold down a relationship with a girl I legitimately loved. I'll probably just go see a female therapist and see whats wrong instead of ruminating all the time

damn... F

jesus what did he die from?
I fear dying of loneliness

I-i'm 36...

F

not bad Lawrence. godspeed to you, gentle soul.

heartbreak, dummy.

i don't want to speculate but a single man with no family obligations might have allowed himself richer foods and more frequent tipples than the next man, as well.

He died from cancer. Actually don't know which, I'll have to ask. I know he refused to go back into hospital recently.

The loneliness probably helped a lot
Any idea why he was so isolated?
you mentioned he was quiet

Are they worth publishing in his name?

I wonder how many closeted geniuses there are out there living loser or blue-collar lives, or at least decent artists who will forever go unrecognized.

Seconded.

op should just sell his uncles shit
the old man was worthless but his writing should be plundered and used for money making

lmao rekt.

No idea really. I regret not asking him more about his life. I admit in my youth I figured he was just a boring guy and didn't think about him much, and when he looked after me as a kid he only ever asked about me but never told me anything about himself but he was fun to be around and was like a kid himself when I stayed at his house. I'm impressed by his book collection, and most of it is stuff I don't see on Veeky Forums often or at all. A lot of older British writers I never heard of.

Fuck it, here's another one. I doubt it's autobiographical - he definitely wasn't transgender or anything.

I was born a boy but now I'm a girl
I've done some things that would make your toes curl
Called me a car crash, called me a fool
Called me a freak threw me out of school
So I changed the rules

I stand alone, survivor on a battlefield
Surveying the damage been done through the years you and I
Wanting and hoping and wishing and praying
For more in my life
Not quite prepared to be scared and repaired
Like a good little wife

Like a vampire I cannot be uninvited
Like a bridesmaid my love remains unrequited
Like a goddess when you see just who I am
Cause I am a woman and you are just a man

They made me cry but they can't disempower me
The phoenix will rise through the flames to return you and I
Laughing and joking and faking bravado it's all just a game
Left here all bruised and confused and abused
By the glamour and fame

I was a boy, now I'm a girl
Give me a chance if you change your mind
We can change the world

i didn't know your uncle was a 15 year old girl

RIP

Publish them, with his "sad story" as a preface.
All who write, do so to be, eventually, read.

LOL nice troll

youtube.com/watch?v=gMu_Z4j-4xs

Just a jape my friend. I'm glad you posted it though, it's absolutely hilariously awful.

You're a dick

Maybe he was and you just didn't know. Trans people aren't like Veeky Forums thinks they are. Older people especially may have had a hard time coming to terms with that part of themselves and felt a need to keep that part of themselves secret from everyone, worried what their loved ones would think of them if they found out. It can cause them to isolate themselves from relationships.

My uncle died a few years ago and my mom and her siblings found out he was transgender when going through his stuff (found correspondence with endocrinologists and surgeons exploring different parts of transitioning). My mom was devastated that he never felt he could share who he was with family and give her a chance to accept him.

Or maybe he wasn't. Loneliness is crushing no matter the cause.

RIP Lawrence

Hah, I'm an idiot

kek

I didn't use the song lyrics to trans bash. I just think they're awful.

>10602408
OP here. I didn't post that. I only posted one but deleted it.

If op posts a bunch of them I can format them into a little digital chapbook if he wants.

We know, the first poem was wonderful.

>when 2017 Veeky Forums replaces your brain

Sad but beautiful
Rip hard Laurence

The other option would be to just a compile a small collection for family members. If there is interest beyond that it will probably happen.

Anyone who actually believes some sad uncle wrote this r9k bullshit and not user is an actual moron

Any more desu?

What evidence do you have to the contrary that his uncle did write it? Fucking hypocrite pleb.

Because I actually wrote it. This entire thread is an attempt to steal my genius.

Intuitive reasoning. Same way I know you suck dick through a hole in the wall.

/thread

>change your personality

implying character is malleable

pure projection

Op probably did write it

It sure is!

Your intuitive reasoning sucks dick.

ITT optimists who read self-help books and believe everyone else can and should become optimists who read self-help books

Not good desu, but it's genuine at least.

>implying God isn't inherently optimistic, and love is to

I'm far from an optimist, but I don't think people can't change their ways. Look around you.

FUCK A SPIDER

your uncle was a freak. it deserved to die. dont weep for a nonhuman, just sell its things for your profit and burn its identity.
trannies are an alternate reproduction strategy, because they cannot breed they try to corrupt others to create more of themselves
having a nonhuman trannies works connected to its identity is the literary version of an aids virus

All I see is suffering

OP please upload them somewhere!

You can change your habits. If you keep them with discipline for many times they become part of your personality. The bad part is that this can be used against you.

Rest in peace, Laurence.
I'm sorry for your loss and thankful for the poem of his you shared with us.