Sup Veeky Forums, I am an idiot who hasn't read a book in more than a year (I mean literature)...

Sup Veeky Forums, I am an idiot who hasn't read a book in more than a year (I mean literature). The other day I was flirting with some roastie and she mentioned how much she liked Dostoevsky. The thing is looking at his books they are really long.

Can you point me out to a shorter/easier to read book from Dostoevsky? Or maybe a summary so I can pretend I read the book and be smart in the eyes of this girl? What to say so it sounds like I read his books?

Start with the Greeks or fuck off.

fuck nihilism we christian now!!!

Do his short stories and then Notes.

Notes from the underground

>looking at his books they are really long
Harry Potter is longer and you probably ate that garbage up. Fucking brainlet.

Anyways just read wikipedia summaries on his work. The bitch probably doesn't remember the books in excruciating detail. She probably just really enjoyed reading his books and that's why he's her favorite. Highly doubt she even has scholarly knowledge of Dostoyevsky. Just read some summaries and pick one of them as your favorite. But either way she'll eventually find out.

I'm gonna check those out.

I hated Harry Poter. I read Don Quixote though, which was really fun and long but I haven't read a book as good since.

There's a good, funny Harlan Ellison short story called

Prince Myshkin, and Hold the Relish

which is about a bunch of people sitting around in a hot-dog stand arguing about Dostoevsky characters.

Read this and then ask the girl if she's read it.

If she has, you can bond over it.

If she hasn't, give it to her, and she'll love it, and you can bond over it.

BONUS:- it's much shorter than reading Dostoevsky. You can just read summaries of the Dostoevsky novels to fake it.

Problem solved.

(P.S. The girl is probably just faking the Dostoevsky thing too, of course. She's probably just trying to impress YOU.)

She'll find out eventually.
Try be sincere if you are not interested in books - talk about what you like.
Or go the the GYM and become a chad (if you are not already, since you don't lose time reading). Nothing attracts girl more than a six pack.

(Except money)

Nabokov hated Dostoyevsky, yet he called The Double a perfect work of art. It's a good novella. I liked Richard Ayoade's film adaption too.

She says that nothing good has been written in the last 60 years. She only read European classics because (according to her) modern literature is just shallow commercial focus trash, that all the good things has been already written.

So she reads Dostoevsky, Nietczhe and many others (which I wasn't paying attention as I was staring at her tits), she also said that Americans have trash authors and Latin Americans are bad too.

>spending hours and hours of doing something you hate because of some cunt
What a beta you are, OP.

isnt this girl u

No. She's a girl I pay once a week for a full body massage.

Crime and Punishment is an exciting read. I don't think you will mind the length OP

If she doesn't have scholarly knowledge of him and just read him anyways that's the gf I want. Then you know she's not just posing

Just read notes from the underground; it's short. If you enjoy it read everything else he wrote.

100 Years of Solitude - 1967 [51 years ago]

You're talking to a pseud. Perfect for you.
:^)

This actually pisses me off desu and I know it's stupid, but I can never find a girl who is into literature and this stupid fuck bumbles over to his "roastie" and wants to pseudo-pseud her

Nabokov copied the themes in the double on about five seperate occasions

And did it better of course, he's suited for that kind of story, Dostoe is not

What's a pseud?

plot twist: she probably dont know shit about our big boy D and she just pretanding to like him just to appear smart

Read "The Dream of a Ridiculous Man".

Pseudo Intellectual

She's probably not a roastie if she really likes this stuff. Better treat her like a woman and listen to her taste in literature and grow yourself. All women fall head over heels for a guy that they can improve.

Read Notes From the Underground and limit yourself to talking about that, don't pretend to have read anything else, she will know.

This. No man or woman who loves Dostoyevsky can be bad.

>All women fall head over heels for a guy that they can improve.
real talk. why do you think this happens?

i quit it after 100pages,i found it very boring.Maybe ill tkae it up again in the future,after i have at least some superficial knowlege of south american history

>hah I stole your idea and did it better I'm so clever and soulful!!!!!!!!
a nigger of the spirit user, is what you are

Nice maybe you can talk about the suffering and guilt of man while she's jacking you off.

It's a pretty deep sign of trust if you trust her advice enough to make a real change in your own life. Don't do too much of it and lose your identity and hopefully she's not such a basket case that she wants you to change everything, but when she's right about something make the effort to do it and she'll feel like she's trusted and in turn she'll give you her trust (read: pussy). But yeah trust and security really turns on the ol nesting instinct.

I should also note that the worst womanizers know this and they'll totally fuck with a woman's sense of trust and loyalty so they will develop more and more elaborate tests that border on paranoia in appearance to men.