ITT: Your personal 10/10

What is the perfect book in your eyes? And why do you like it?

Recommendations based other anons 10/10s are welcome too.

Other urls found in this thread:

brucepennington.co.uk/covers.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Baron in the trees or An Invincible memory
Both show many aspects of life in a territory, they explore it, the characters are always moving somewhere and I liek this.
But I haven't read half of what other people here have read and I have middle class conventional tastes.

Paradise lost

the uncle laurence poetry collection (rip)

>But I haven't read half of what other people here have read
That's perfectly fine though, at least itt.
>The Baron in the trees
Did you read the other two volumes too? Is it necessary to read The Cloven Viscount first?

Suttree

>Hour of the Dragon
>Inb4: you pleb, be patrician and blow some work that's already getting sucked off
Sure, its not some deep philosophical thing, but Conan loses his throne after his army loses in battle because he is paralyzed and cant lead them
Then he has to cross essentially the entire world Howard has created in his other conan stories in order to get his kingdom back.
Its sword and sorcery kino

An empty diary

What is this book about? What are saying? What
REALLY is deterritorialization?

I read The Cloven Viscount. I haven't read the non-existent knight. I don't think it is necessary, unless there is some hidden meaning I didn't notice.

might be a pleb choice but for me it’s Anna Karenina, I get chills just remembering sone parts

basically it presents humans on the point of view of capital, so merely as machines and their productive use, and, once they stop functioning, to let go of one's self, to get crazy and experiment and try to find new functions the objects (humans) can have

Finally some sense. Thank you very much, clear and to the point. Is this why the books are connected to the left.

Is there some introductory books to reading it. I tried. Once.

not even joking

Meditations

I really like East of Eden for its emotional punch, relatability, and breadth of topics. You can genuinely feel the characters' pains and triumphs since many of their experiences are universal (or nearly so). Similarly, a lot of the topics are intriguing since they are usually questions of basic morality, which are the most fundamental and interesting.

I watched de Youtube video.

What obscure symbolism is this book about?

This. Cried multiple times reading it, absolute 10/10 for me, can anyone recommend similar books or books that you think I would enjoy if i liked East of Eden?

Some of the moments in The Grapes of Wrath recaptured the magic for me, but on the whole it wasn't nearly as impactful.

The Stranger is likely one of the best books I have and ever will read.

It is accessible but beautiful, thoughtful but common

Beckett's Complete Dramatic Works.

If I can cheat and include plays, I'd say Hamlet.

Otherwise, I'll say Don Quixote.

Good, will look into it. If on a Winter's Night... and Invisible Cities have been on my shelve for months, probably gonna read them first.

>“Sometimes driven aground by the photon storms, by the swirling of the galaxies, clockwise and counterclockwise, ticking with light down the dark sea-corridors lined with our silver sails, our demon-haunted sails, our hundred-league masts as fine as threads, as fine as silver needles sewing the threads of starlight, embroidering the stars on black velvet, wet with the winds of Time that go racing by. The bone in her teeth! The spume, the flying spume of Time, cast up on these beaches where old sailors can no longer keep their bones from the restless, the unwearied universe. Where has she gone? My lady, the mate of my soul? Gone across the running tides of Aquarius, of Pisces, of Aries. Gone. Gone in her little boat, her nipples pressed against the black velvet lid, gone, sailing away forever from the star-washed shores, the dry shoals of the habitable worlds. She is her own ship, she is the figurehead of her own ship, and the captain. Bosun, Bosun, put out the launch! Sailmaker, make a sail! She has left us behind. We have left her behind. She is in the past we never knew and the future we will not see. Put out more sail, Captain for the universe is leaving us behind…”

IJ

The Count of Monte Cristo.

holy shit those covers are unreal

Obviously the beginning of it is some direct allegory to the plagues in Exodus. The little about about the mixing of the ingredients could use some looking into as well, but I can't be assed. Jam could be the blood of pagan sacrifices but I doubt it, nothing is ever as allegorical as it seems

I have no idea what this passage might possibly describe, but it sounds rad and I'm looking forward to reading BotNS in translation.
brucepennington.co.uk/covers.htm

That passage is just the rambling of one the book's secondary characters who is crazy. The majority of the book is not written in that style, but nevertheless the prose is excellent throughout, and what I quoted is just an example of what Gene Wolfe can do off-hand.

The best, most quotable passages of BotNS are best read in context of the narrative so I'll let you discover it for yourself.

Well that's even better. Have you read other stuff by Wolfe?

I'm sold