Is the film worth it?

Is the film worth it?

not great but fairly comfy if u like dfw

>comfy

It was the opposite, it was actively uncomfortable the whole way through. The little kike treated Dave like a serial killer

Yeah I would agree that its much more on he painful side: stilted dialogue, really no focus whatsoever on commenting on the man's work itself, rather just honing in on some supposed quirks and personal shortcomings.

miscast.

I listened to Lipsky's book after watching this movie. The little conflicts are blown out of proportion and some stuff wasn't even in there.

Not that Dave couldn't have been that kind of person though.

why did they cast john green to play him

Just the appearance of Segal keeps me from watching the movie.

looks like a big fat faggot with vacant eyes, when in reality he was quite a hunk, an aspie hunk, but hunk nonetheless, also had an intelligent gaze.

I enjoyed it, and I'm not a DFW fan. Pretty light fare

>and I'm not a DFW fan

Thats basically a pre-requisite

Is anyone seeign what Jason Segal is doing this days?
He lives in a cabin in the woods now wrote a shitty fanfiction of ready player one and IJ called Otherworld and if you hear his interview with charlie rose he thinks dfw couldnt accept the other,he thinks he surpassed him.

That's actually hilarious. Dave getting revenge from beyond the grave

But it was purely a drama, not a documentary. Movies like this focus on banal shit to move the story forward and get a commercial audience to watch it. The studio could careless about pseuds.

Links pls

This movie is so retarded. The reason we like DFW is for his fiction not his banal life. Not to mention the fact that who knows how much of it was purely manufactured drama (100% technically speaking).

Yeah and its not a good biopic as a result. An OK movie but terrible as a DFW movie

Yeah, I've heard he was lucky with the ladies and fucked many girls. Don't let the stereotype deceive you, people

Wallace himself would loath the movie.

yes
he's actually really good

Completely agree.

>Mr. Ponsoldt would not address the trust’s grievances, but a person close to him said he had not been aware of them until late in the process and felt terribly about them. Donald Margulies, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright who wrote the screenplay, said the objections made everyone involved feel badly. “We’ve approached this with such, we think, humanity,” he said.

who gives a shit what Wallace thinks

I do desu

underrated

Most of what DFW is remembered for is his writing about finding virtue and beauty in the banal, repetitive aspects of life. Afaik this material was mostly inspired by his fairly banal, middle class life. Why the fuck would I want to watch a movie about his life, then?

If it was any good it would be a movie showing virtue and beauty in his banal and repititive life
But instead what we got was
WOT A FOOKEN WEIRDO
YA KNOW HE KILLED HIMSELF?
I SAW IT COMING

Then you're a fag.

Don't insult me or my friend ever again

Exactly, who gives a shit what he thinks. Why the fuck would anyone read him after realizing what a tryhard pseud he is unless they're fellow tryhard pseuds.

No, I didn't mean it that way. Who cares what he thinks about a film made about his life, unless you care for accuracy in which case films might not be the right thing for you?

You don't give a shit about him then why care about the movie? Some people, I swear.