Any dickhead here? Reading PKD's Exegesis and it's truly something else. This man was a prophet

Any dickhead here? Reading PKD's Exegesis and it's truly something else. This man was a prophet.

I still think Androids was his best, VALIS is a close second

valis good, androids- overrated, i prefer the movie over the book. Martian time slip or scanner darkley is the best, three stigmata is also good. Dont listen to this guy im a huge dickhead i know

>movie is better
>skips the religion subplot
sure, if you want to leave out all the important shit and make Androids Lmao instead, I guess some people are into that stuff

Ubik, Androids, Flow My Tears and then Valis

I took a very strange path to PKD because I was so curious about his spiritual experience, so I went straight to Exegesis. What do you reocommend next, VALIS is the closest one "in spirit" to Exegesis I guess?

VALIS is probably your best bet. I know he explicitly said Flow my Tears the Policeman Said and The Man in the High Castle were both based on his visions/dreams.

>Reading PKD's Exegesis
I know, it's not the first thread you've made about it.

>tfw VALIS makes me want to start taking drugs
>tfw addictive personality so I know it will ruin my life
PKD is bad for my health

i've heard exegisis is basically neo-gnosticism. is it true?

all of his writing is, he uses science fiction to develop a system of thought
a canon worth reading imo

Any interesting bits from Exegesis?

Will post soon tripletsbro, kind of busy managing my millions now. Will come back to this thread ASAP.

>the lyfe of a stock trader

>skips the religion subplot
the movie has a religious subtext anyway

>androids- overrated, i prefer the movie over the book
That is industrial-grade pseud even for the Pseud Central that is Veeky Forums.

>dickhead
wow it was in front of me the whole time but I never saw it
love it

do you VALIS fans enjoy Divine Invasion? Do you include it when you talk about VALIS as part of a whole, or no?

my library only has three stigmata and ubik, wich is the better start if I have never read PKD?

One second of blatant Christ imagery doesn't count as religious subtext.
The religious "subplot" in the book is actually the Plot, and the narrative with Deckard and Isidore is just there to present it to the reader.
And the encounter Isidore has with Mercer is one of the most religious things PKD ever wrote.
Blade Runner is a great dystopian movies, but it doesn't reach the same heights as the novel.

>the movie has a religious subtext anyway
They completely sanitized Rachael - even omitting the part where she tossed the goat off of the roof.

Either is a good start.

I agree that the book is better but you didn't get Blade Runner. How much of a brainlet do you have to be to not get such a movie?