Sherlock Holmes

What stopped Sherlock from being the most clever evil mastermind in all of time?

He's solved almost every single case he's gotten.
He's fooled countless people even Watson on occasion with his disguises.
He's a master pickpocket.
Women don't commonly distract him.

>What stopped Sherlock from being the most clever evil mastermind in all of time?
He's a moral man.

Well, he's not real.

It's a special detective superpower he gets from shooting coke all the time.

Which he did enjoy... All though who doesn't?

So?

the only reason he did anything was because he found it challenging. ergo he found catching bad guys more challenging than being one. also, being aspie, he needed to follow the rules.

Was it ever confirmed By Doyle that Sherlock was autistic/Asp?

the diagnosis didn't exist in Edwardian times, AFAIK. But that doesn't mean people didn't notice and identify the odd habits and mannerisms of highly intelligent, focused people.

But if that does not satisfy you, discard that argument.
>the only reason he did anything was because he found it challenging. ergo he found catching bad guys more challenging than being one.
answers your question adequately.

Yes and no, I'm not autistic or have any form of aspurgers, I have ADHD, which a good amount of doctors/psychologists and so on, have all stated that ADHD and Asp are very similar but are not the same. I'm not saying that that Sherlock had either however I have heard several times he's considered to be a high functioning sociopath and a few other things but not autistic. But it's not the first time I've heard people say sherlock was autistic

I have adhd u dont

Probably the fact that he existed only in the mind of a moral being

Yes I do user. I've had ADHD my entire life. I was in special ed and I was diagnosed as a child. I've learned to control myself a lot better with age. Anyone and everyone that knows me can tell you that I get very distracted very easily. I show all the signs of them. I know what I'm talking about user, hell I took several drugs as a child, 1 called focusin (I think) and another one was Riddlen

I mean he did operate outside of the law on plenty of occasions with his methods for solving certain cases as well as his "bohemian" habits and lifestyle.

Well he protects the British Empire, so technically he is :^)

Not what, but who, mon ami.

Ritalin
and
Focusin

I think they're both just methylphenidate, originally designed as a new, "addiction proof" amphetamine, and marketed primarily to house wives during the mid 1950's.

Mother's other littler helper, I suppose. It was a favorite of Howard Hughes near the end of his life. When the Spruce Goose undertook its maiden (and final) voyage, Hughes had prepared for the event with injections of methylphenidate and codeine - Co-Pilots and crew on that day remember Mr. Hughes completely naked in the seat of his massive wooden craft.

Completely whacked, completely naked, flying the largest plane in the world. I think that's a great image.

>sorry, I really effing love weird trivia

We found out a bit later that caffeine helps me way better anyways.
So that's what I do when I want to focus, I drink a coke or some coffee.

Fine work, G. No quacks needed, and I'm pretty sure this methylphenidate shit is neurotoxic, anyway.

Everything will wind up killing us either way user, but will kill you slower is the better question

because comiting crimes is wrong

click.

His brother would catch him without even moving from his couch.

Because he had a strong moral sense, which only rarely came out in the stories. A Case of Identity is one example.