The spines on your books aren't damaged that means you didn't read them

>The spines on your books aren't damaged that means you didn't read them
>Your books have to look like shit or else you're a fraud

>tfw no one believes me that ive read moby dick

I believe you user

Nno--n-no you don't

you're right i dont

Okay:(

I virgin cradle all my books and especially try hard not to open my paperbacks at more than a 60-75° angle. The only books with real visible wear are my Everyman's where the black label starts peeling off from my hand pressing on it, and my Bible literally has subtle sweat marks on the spine in a similar fashion.

>tfw you don't bend your books but want people to know what you've read

user can you ask me what i have read oh please pretty please ask me oh ask me i read a book a really good book and now i want to tell everybody about it

Well we're on Veeky Forums so it could only be one of five or so books... GRAVITY'S JEST.

Looks like someone got a little bit triggered by the shelf gore thread. Sweetie, Penguin books are supposed to crack.

No user no that is wrong user i havent no i swear that book is the shape of a no no square

>taking pride in the shit quality products you buy and how poorly you treat them
are you american by any chance?

My daddy taught me not to damage books. Not gonna change to impress some pseuds on Veeky Forums.

>having a dad

My daddy also taught me a think or two about books, like how to not damage the spine by flicking through the whole thing before you start reading.

Keep trying kiddo. I'll just leave this here in cause you forget that you're a pseud with more money than sense.

Post what your writings

Could you show me?

just read the pdfs you fucking psood

I'd be right happy to!

>the most famous bookbinder America has produced
mother of god...

I always start with the best of intentions with a paperback. Some make it but others- usually the longer ones- get their spines well and truly broken in.

Totally this. How is taking care of one's books, the depositories of our mind in constant work in progress, a mark of lowness.

Difficult to tell if someone bought the book new or used without asking... but yes, if most new paperbacks are guaranteed to have even the least bit of wear if you've handled them for more than a few days, then of course it means you didn't read most of your books at all or didn't finish them.

Pop quiz hotshot: read or unread?

Read but on an e-book. You bought the physical copy because you value the paper presence of this timeless English oeuvre.

I would never read an e-book. Not out of contrarianism, but because if there's a screen in front of me I just fuck around on other shit.
No, what you are witnessing is the GOAT virgin cradler. Many could learn a thing or two of book preservation from my journeyman technique.

try cold turkey