>The men who followed him, knew him and wrote about him never describe his physical appearance

>>The men who followed him, knew him and wrote about him never describe his physical appearance

>Suspicion mounts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8TOxldm6kk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
debunking-christianity.com/2010/08/top-seven-ways-christianity-is-debunked.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he was middle eastern nibba
but people always want to portray Jesus in a way that's familiar to them, it's why you'll see nigJesus in Africa, honkieJesus in Europe, chinkJesus in Mongolia, gookJesus in the Philippines, but he was definitely middle eastern if he existed irl

Still, its fairly odd that no one ever even thinks to describe him. Its a pretty common, sensible thing to do when writing about someone you knew desu.

Hmmm..

There are other people in the Bible that we know existed who are not physically described

is this some sort of new meme i missed?
>>The men who followed him, knew him and wrote about him never describe his physical appearance

>Suspicion mounts

>Suspicion mounts

>Suspicion mounts

>Its a pretty common, sensible thing to do when writing about someone you knew
>writing about someone you knew

the gospels are anonymous works to which names were assigned by later tradition. their authors were not the same people as the certainly illiterate disciples of christ.

The only time I can remember any classical source describing the physique of a historical figure is Homer, and that's just for genetic freaks like Telemachus. And the Bible, I guess, also when describing large humans or a critical story element (Samson's hair).

"now Avraham, be sure to mention Jesus Christ had a MASSIVE zit right between his eyes.... seriously that thing is huge."

"ok."

"Are you including it???? it was like bright red with pus about to come out, it was really gross, people have to know this, it's like the will of G-d was keeping it from bursting."

"yeah I'm writing it"

"are you??? please tell me you are actually writing it"

"yes, yissachar, it totally is."

"also be sure to mention that he had the most FUCKABLE bubble butt ever seen by man. you have to make sure to add that in too otherwise his gospels don't have the right context."

".... whatever you say..."

Socrates gets a good description in Symphosium though.

anyone has the quote of this? i think he called him an ugly fuck, but not sure if he went into more detail

he was invisible

at least the knowledge that jc liked young boys has been preserved thanks to the mar saba letter

He was white, like Nassim Nicholas Taleb

>white
No such thing.

When these men spoke the Gospel—later it was written—they were speaking/writing to crowds that were contemporaries of Jesus. Many have heard of what He looked like. Many actually knew what He looked like. So it would make sense that these orators and authors wouldn't really touch on Jesus' physical appearance for the sake of a observational, scientific description of His appearance. The transfiguration describes how He looks, but the point of doing this is to let listeners and readers know that Jesus revealed His true identity, true divinity to the disciples; in other words, this physical description was not for the sake of describing what He looked like.

There's like a specific historical research term for this. It's under the same umbrella as the criteria of embarrassment. Nevertheless, you see why that makes sense?

Also, why would you write about a friend's appearance simply because you knew him well? Have you written things about friends or people in general? Did you describe their physical appearances? Probably not huh?

There's no good reason to always describe how someone looks indefinitely just because you know them and you're writing about them lol

The authors of the gospels did not know him...

We don't have writings of people who knew him personally

we all know it was KISS make up. it wasn't even gene's make up. we know which one. that's why we all agreed to never talk about it or juggalos again.

He had a big nose like a pickle. Ol' Socky Pickle Nose. Why I'd boop that humongous honker all the time if he ever came 'round these parts.

is that true fellas?

>why Socrates what nice chanclas you have

>nice shoes faggot

My friends don't claim to be sons of god.

None of the 12 Apostles are described at all afaik. Fun fact: although they often portrayed as bearded old men most of them were likely little older than teenagers when following Jesus.

>Jesus was a past life of Zizek

neither did the historical christ

you decide

>And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God.

It’s a fake literally written in the 20th Century.

Does prophesy count? Issah 53:2 says,
>He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him.
So... he looked like any other Mediterranean Jewish guy.

>Looking at it, a lot of his allegories are about stone.
and he may have been a stone worker.

It's also true in medieval texts, I've noticed. People are only described if there's something very off about them - being super short or tall or having some noticeable characteristic.

try harder user,
see

No, pls stop. I do not want to be an accessory to a shitty meme.

>decide never to record anything Jesus says in his original Aramaic

Why is this?

Because he didn't exist, lmao.

>see a man heal hundreds of people, walk on the water, raise the dead, tell you hes gonna die and raise from the dead because he's your friend, die, raise from the dead
>you dedicate the rest of your life to spreading his message and literally die for it
>people don't believe you because you didn't take a portrait of his face when he told you not to tell anyone he was the Son of God
tough crowd eh?

hot

he spoke greek and everyone was super pissed at him bc they couldnt understand and just guessed what he said

>interpreting the Bible literally

You are the reason christianity is on it's last breath.

calm down Wagner; stick to writing symphonies

>jews not understanding greek

there is no such thing as "middle eastern ethnicity", there's a ton of ethnic groups in that region, and why would jesus look like an arab when arabs didnt spread outside their backwater peninsula till after the islamic invasions

jesus was a levanite ethnically

I got told earlier I couldn't be a Jew bc I am a tranny and I am very depressed right now.
I definitely know if I cannot be a Jew I might as well just kill myself because I feel no attachment to any other religion.
Most painless way to do it? I've been drinking a lot because I'm pathetic.

jesus was a black lesbian jew from uganda

You're Jesus. He's just another form of the light.

Everyone can reach it.

There is no "middle eastern". They were mutts long before the Americans.

>Psh...you guys hear of this bullshit called The Great Gatsby!
>Everybody says it's the greatest story ever, and it reveals a lot about humanity, but guess what?
>IT'S NOT FUCKING REAL! THE WHOLE GODDAMN BOOK WAS MADE IT!
>Therefore it's meaningless. *tips hat*

nigga

You are not as intelligent as you think you are.

your a idiot

Greek was lingua franca there

youtube.com/watch?v=D8TOxldm6kk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
debunking-christianity.com/2010/08/top-seven-ways-christianity-is-debunked.html

>almost all in italy
really makes a nibba think

But the levantines were phonecians, greeks, arabs, egyptians, anatolians and mesopotamians and assorted rape babbies all at the same time

typical kike

pills

There's one dialogue that mentions he was a soldier, and the Symposium notes that he's ugly but fuckable (thanks Alcibiades). I haven't got the quotes tho, sorry.

toda raba

he knew de wey

Back to plebbit

he was a carpenter in the levant under roman rule. probably malnourished, over worked, and brown.

I mean yeah, basically

You see all those variations of Jesus because the Catholic church used to make Jesus look like whatever people they were trying to convert. Maybe read a book sometime.

>people want Jesus (someone they worship) to look familiar to them
>no you fucking retard the church knows people want Jesus to look familiar to them

Alcibiades called him a statue of Silenus, pic related. Of course, this speech goes a lot deeper if you consider that Silenus taught Dionysus, and Alcibiades was both dressed like and made to appear like Dionysus.

I giggl'd.

>picking fat bearded Dionysus over cute twink Dionysus
absolutely disgusting

what. that's silenus, not dionysus.

What about mexican jesus? Does exist?

Agatha?

Knuckles resembles a human, but with differences. Knuckles is neither male nor female, though referred to as a "he". Three-quarter-inch-thick-violet-colored (FFA000E0) fur covers his entire body. he is only 25 1/3 inches tall, 4 inches wide, and 2.5 inches deep. Knuckles gets his name from his large hands, 40% bigger than a human his size would have. A reflective, glittery greenish (FFA0FF00) haze a half millimeter across borders his pupil. Knuckles has no nose and a mouth 2/3 as big. Every other aspect of his is that of hat a human would have for his size. For details on the numerical colors (in parenthesis), see appendix 5.

>lol some of us even doubt he even existed but here's how he would have looked
>suck it Christians!

hurr

Paul wasn't an apostle, what are you on about?

I'm pretty sure aztecs did make some religious art in their style when they were being converted

>the chad St. John
>the virgin rest of the fellowship

so that's what they mean with all that "the kingdom of god is inside you" stuff

what kind of pills?

>current year
>still believing Jesus is God
>still believing he ever claimed to be God
>still believing in the Trinity
>still being a pagan

Well maybe they weren't superficial assholes like you.

didn't they all believe that they were living in the end of days? what would be the point of describing his physical appearance?

Arius pls go

More like Marion or the gnostics desu

Not jesus but virgin Mary. "La virgen de Guadalupe"

exactly. they expected everyone reading the gospels to actually see him at the second coming.

reminder that Jesús was Sócrates' reencarnation

Actually it is european Jesus everywhere in the world

Who the fuck cares.

it literally isn't you faggot

middle east was white back then, conquered by the greeks, not as arab
just look at assad today

Then why did you write one?

Memes were not my intent.

no, actual lingua franca was lingua franca there, brainlet. and he still would have spoken aramaic with his fellow judeans.

Biblical historylet

Paul described Jesus as physically unremarkable.

you're so fucking stupid